Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3

PSN ID
    x6hosts
    I loved the XMB, probably one of the most simple yet effective operating systems ive used

I am just hoping that unlike the new PSN Store as it considerably looks similar to the new PS4 OS, that they do some significant optimizations so its not sluggish but knowing sony's motto i i believe they will make sure its a fast and streamlined experience.
    Your life is the result of the decisions you make throughout it, if you dont like your life then it is time to start making better decisions.

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosephFTW View Post
    I loved the XMB, probably one of the most simple yet effective operating systems ive used

I am just hoping that unlike the new PSN Store as it considerably looks similar to the new PS4 OS, that they do some significant optimizations so its not sluggish but knowing sony's motto i i believe they will make sure its a fast and streamlined experience.
    That seems to be the biggest concern is with the PSN store. It is sluggish on the PS3 right now. Takes about 2 minutes for me to boot up on first start.

Elite Guru
    My only concerns were actually put to rest with the recent firmware issue son Ps3. I was worried that seeing as Ps4 updates the OS automatically when in standby that there was the potential for systems to start bricking before the user even knew anything had happened.

That said the fix for the Ps3 issue at least proved that Sony does keep a backdoor in the system incase things go really bad.

PSN ID
    x6hosts
    Quote Originally Posted by fLiPdAtwAy View Post
    That seems to be the biggest concern is with the PSN store. It is sluggish on the PS3 right now. Takes about 2 minutes for me to boot up on first start.
    Well i guess considering the significant increase in ram and its overall bandwidth i would say that the PSN Store will run silky smooth on the PS4. Remember the PS3 only had 256mb of XDR Ram and most is taken up by the other tasks/programs that need the ram to run so thats probably why the PSN Store is so sluggish
    Your life is the result of the decisions you make throughout it, if you dont like your life then it is time to start making better decisions.

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Well i guess considering the significant increase in ram and its overall bandwidth i would say that the PSN Store will run silky smooth on the PS4. Remember the PS3 only had 256mb of XDR Ram and most is taken up by the other tasks/programs that need the ram to run so thats probably why the PSN Store is so sluggish
    Have you tried it on a PC through the Web?

Superior Member

The psn store didn't use any of the other 256 MB's of Ram that's in the system?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

PSN ID
    x6hosts
    Have you tried it on a PC through the Web?
    Nope ive never tried that :P

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Nope ive never tried that :P
    It actually runs a bit better but still not great. Load times are descent enough

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    yea but when they were first advertising the psn on ps3 they made it seem like almost instantaneous just like they did with the ps4 in that one commercial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't know what they were thinking releasing that half broken store.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 07-02-2013 at 16:52.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I don't know what they were thinking releasing that have broken store.
    What?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    What?
    Half broken. My tablet autocorrect screwed it up as usual.

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I don't know what they were thinking releasing that half broken store.
    I don't know. I'm not too sure if I like the design better than the old one or not. But I'm assuming the design has something to do with it being web based now. The ps4 will be able to download items when your not even home so you would be able to buy content from anywhere and your ps4 will automatically begin to download it at home before you get there so it will be there waiting for you.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    I don't know. I'm not too sure if I like the design better than the old one or not. But I'm assuming the design has something to do with it being web based now. The ps4 will be able to download items when your not even home so you would be able to buy content from anywhere and your ps4 will automatically begin to download it at home before you get there so it will be there waiting for you.
    right and the app will be pretty cool. has there been any new photos or video or info released about how tht is yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I thought the simple look was better.

Forum Overseer
    simple look is fine, i just want more features and streamlining.

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Yeah simple isn't look is fine. Just don't want to have to try and get to a game to download and take 10 minutes to get there, 5 minutes getting through all the purchasing prompts, and wait for it to download, then install. Even simple games can take me 30+ minutes to get installed. Just seems to take too much time for these. The Last of Us was like 8+ hour download for some people

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Yeah simple isn't look is fine. Just don't want to have to try and get to a game to download and take 10 minutes to get there, 5 minutes getting through all the purchasing prompts, and wait for it to download, then install. Even simple games can take me 30+ minutes to get installed. Just seems to take too much time for these. The Last of Us was like 8+ hour download for some people
    What has the download speed got to do with the OS and the look of the Store?

Thread Information