PSN ID
    CowboyCombat

Please help! XMB Graphics Issue w/Bioshock!

Hi I am new to the boards, and I'm very excited to be a part of this great community. But I did run across a little issue that I was bit concerned about. I have has a PS3 Slim for a month now and haven't run into too many issue besides a few graphical hitches that were negligible. But I noticed an issu while playing Bioshock from the Ultimate Rapture Edition for a few days and while doing a hack on a safe midway ish through the game I pulled up the XMB and noticed some flickering and graphics tears in the blurred background. I have a short video that gives you an idea about what I'm talking about. I feel crazy cuz it's so hard to even notice but I just wanna make sure my system and graphics chips are ok. Any help or input is greatly appreciated thank you so much! http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...e_gdata_player

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Pretty normal, ingame XMB wasn't in there from day one and even today has problems with some games.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

PSN ID
    CowboyCombat
    Oh really? See I didn't know that. I'm just always nervous for my hardware when I see hiccups like that because I know GPU chips through manufacturing lines can do whatever they wanna do sometimes in terms of the glue detaching and what not. If anyone else agrees with Soldier, that'd be even more awesome cuz I do have OCD with these things and because of that sometimes I dont enjoy some games because its that one little thing that drives you nuts every time you see it but like I said it was a bit difficult to reproduce and it only seems to happen when hacking turrets and safes and I paused it to run out and had it on XMB and when I came back and moved it it did that so. Again thank you so much for your input it helped a lot!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    lol I know that's what I'm like with any new electronics I get.

Ingame XMB is weird though, some games pause automatically, some games go to a black screen, and some (like Bioshock here) leave the game running in the background.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

PSN ID
    CowboyCombat
    See that's where I'm a bit confused with your response. Like I said its kinda hard to replicate but I can do it and it's only while paused on the hacking turrets red splash screen with hacking help and XMB running and the demo video that loops on menu with XMB. Typically if this was a graphics flash that was consistent with the game I'd understand but it only seems to do it once in a while, and it looks as if its only affecting the image behind the XMB,and also there's a red tear like flash (I believe thats from the hacking pause splash screen i mentioned earlier) that happens as well in Bioshock in XMB and that's why I haven't quite figured out why. Have you ever heard of something like that? It's just making me a bit nervous and especially because it is a bit awful looking when it happens. Just wanna make sure the system is fine and that this is definitley game related. Thanks again for any thoughts!
    Last edited by CowboyCombat; 07-02-2013 at 14:34.

Master Guru
    Yeah, that happens from time to time. No big deal.

PSN ID
    CowboyCombat
    Only w/Bioshock? Or is this a known issue? From what I've described you would say its absolutely nothing to worry about?

PSN ID
    CowboyCombat
    Again thank you so much for all your help!

PSN ID
    CowboyCombat
    *bump* Just wanna find out a little bit more on this. Unless it really should be a dead post in which case I'm sorry...

Thread Information