Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Edge is pretty harsh on everyone so I'm surprised they said that. I don't agree with them completely. I think the Xbox will be fine and will be successful. I feel like about 65/35 that either PS4 or Xbox One will come out on top. If One takes off, it'll take off in a big way. PS4 really just has gamers backing it. Is that enough in today's world? We'll just have to see.

We still don't know much about Kinect.

Looks like Sony paid off Edge lol funny because Sony fans always hated Edge because it was harsh on the exclusives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I see why XBox fans are probably pretty mad about this, but they can't bake their cake and eat it, too.
    I've always wanted to know which situations this phrase could be used. Thank you for bettering my English. #$#@!, I knew I spoke too soon.
    Last edited by Omar; 07-02-2013 at 19:51.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Edge is pretty harsh on everyone so I'm surprised they said that. I don't agree with them completely. I think the Xbox will be fine and will be successful. I feel like about 65/35 that either PS4 or Xbox One will come out on top. If One takes off, it'll take off in a big way. PS4 really just has gamers backing it. Is that enough in today's world? We'll just have to see.

Looks like Sony paid off Edge lol funny because Sony fans always hated Edge because it was harsh on the exclusives.

I've always wanted to know which situations this phrase could be used. Thank you for bettering my English. #$#@!, I knew I spoke too soon.
    I agree with you Sufi. I think all the guys who are writing off the Xbox one and saying ps4 is gonna be the best console(don't get me wrong I hope it is!) are forgetting that one thing you said, the ps4 just has gamers backing it because that's what its made for. And to answer your rhetorical (I think?) question, it depends if its enough. It depends on if the Xbox picks up for the Entertainment consumer because that's what its geared for. Honestly, I think the selling part for the xbox will be the new Kinect. If that $#@! takes off, ps4 could be in twuble

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Extreme Poster
    yea so really it's anyone game right now. PS4 has to prove that gamers are enough to support a console and One has to prove that they can get the casual people the right way and keep them.

both have a rough road ahead. if you're interested, read this thread i created a while back, i went into detail why i think One will be successful...mind you this is even before the DRM was removed.

Why I think Xbox One will succeed

Skip the part about "price" lol...didn't realize MS was going for a higher price...which surprised us all.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Well yeah, but will people buy games for the One then? (Or at least, will they buy enough games so it's profitable?)

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    yea so really it's anyone game right now. PS4 has to prove that gamers are enough to support a console and One has to prove that they can get the casual people the right way and keep them.

both have a rough road ahead. if you're interested, read this thread i created a while back, i went into detail why i think One will be successful...mind you this is even before the DRM was removed.

Why I think Xbox One will succeed

Skip the part about "price" lol...didn't realize MS was going for a higher price...which surprised us all.
    I agree completely except for your epic blunder on the price lol jk. I believe you touched on everything that will potentially make the xbox the number 1, if it catches. It's like you said, MS is catering to a WIDE consumer base now compared to Sony's dedicated but NARROW base. Don't get me wrong, you wont catch me buy an Xbox because I want something built for gaming, and Sony did me a favor lol. However, it goes back to Hardcore gamers dwindling with most of the consumer base going to casual status with the implementation of mobile gaming. Xbox is an all in one entertainment system, and to be honest, theres a $#@! load more people that's going to want that. I guess at the end of the day speculation is just speculation though, we'll see.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    definitely not catching anything with that price tag! maybe after the first 2 price drops things will start looking up but i hate predicting $#@! like this because american buying habits are so jacked i.e iphones and the wii

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    Well yeah, but will people buy games for the One then? (Or at least, will they buy enough games so it's profitable?)
    I think theres no way in hell it'll come close to the ps4 game sales. As for profitable for MS, IMHO I don't think so. There may be a good start at the launch with the INFAMOUS Titanfall but as the gen gets going and people start buying them for entertainment systems, I think the game sales will seriously dwindle. What do you think?

Extreme Poster
    There's no reason the One will be left behind. DRM removal was a huge deal. I think a lot of users will go back or buy both or get on it once it lowers in price. eventually they will get there. I honestly think the race in US will be neck-to-neck eventually. don't underestimate Americans, their minds change pretty quick. the rest of the world, I feel like One will have a tougher time than the 360...due to price and the overall deal. rest of the world isn't as impulsive and will look at every little feature. so any restriction will not sit well with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    I agree completely except for your epic blunder on the price lol jk. I believe you touched on everything that will potentially make the xbox the number 1, if it catches. It's like you said, MS is catering to a WIDE consumer base now compared to Sony's dedicated but NARROW base. Don't get me wrong, you wont catch me buy an Xbox because I want something built for gaming, and Sony did me a favor lol. However, it goes back to Hardcore gamers dwindling with most of the consumer base going to casual status with the implementation of mobile gaming. Xbox is an all in one entertainment system, and to be honest, theres a $#@! load more people that's going to want that. I guess at the end of the day speculation is just speculation though, we'll see.
    exactly, it's going to be interesting to see if either side will fulfill their promise. let's just say that we should thank MS for not competing directly with Sony and Sony for not going after casual at the same time. now we have two different consoles and their successes won't mean one is losing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    definitely not catching anything with that price tag! maybe after the first 2 price drops things will start looking up but i hate predicting $#@! like this because american buying habits are so jacked i.e iphones and the wii
    the price tag is a problem i agree, maybe not as big as the PS3's price was. don't forget that was a $100 higher (i know about 20gb but that didn't sell well) and this was back when the economy was going down the $#@!ter.

One will be fine...it won't have the rough time PS3 had...but yes, it will be difficult at that price point. i don't know if it was worth it for them to go with the kinect bundled but without kinect, they don't have much of a differentiator.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    So you say that even the Game sales will rival the PS4's? Well if it does, then wont that mean that the Xbox WILL be taking away from Sony? If the game sales aren't profitable then that aspect goes to Sony and the Entertainment will go to Xbox. If the Xbox gets good game sales then how can the ps4 compete? Besides us, the loyal playstation universe

Extreme Poster
    That's the big question. How is Sony going to survive without all the extra features and focuses. Will the game-only focus pay off? They'd have to really go out of their way to do this but I think it's just as possible as Kinect taking off in a big way and gathering MS a new slew of users. They also have a big struggle, which is, will those new users stick? They didn't stick with the Wii and I called it years ago

Which is why I predict that Kinect will be supported in an aggressive interesting way. That's a huge thing for MS right now.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    That's the big question. How is Sony going to survive without all the extra features and focuses. Will the game-only focus pay off? They'd have to really go out of their way to do this but I think it's just as possible as Kinect taking off in a big way and gathering MS a new slew of users. They also have a big struggle, which is, will those new users stick? They didn't stick with the Wii and I called it years ago

Which is why I predict that Kinect will be supported in an aggressive interesting way. That's a huge thing for MS right now.
    Oh wait, maybe we'll get freed from the whiny 12 year old Call of Duty gamers, as they want all their multimedia to be on one console. Hopefulyl Sony will win with their game-only focus while still keeping those annoying retards away.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    How about insanity wolf?

lol insanity wolf is so insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ultimate Veteran
    #$#@!, I knew I spoke too soon.
    What I do?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I'm guessing they didn't care about games games games...am I right?
    If I can remember the EDGE has always been generally harsher to PS exclusives than to xbox ones(not a plural of Xbox Ones, but Xbox 360 exclusives.... oh nevermind! ) such as Halo 3 getting a 10 where something like UNcharted 2 getting a 7 - or something equivalent to that.

But also, I'm guessing this was written way before the Xbox 180 reversal/betrayal to apologists happened, so who knows if this still applies?

Anyway, I'll pick up the magazine off of Zinio and give it a read.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

15. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I'm guessing this was written way before the Xbox 180 reversal/betrayal to apologists happened
    Should still have time to put in editations like Yahtzee's recent review of E3.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...n/7595-E3-2013

17. Likes mynd likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    What I do?
    I was just saying that i'm trying to learn the English language better as I never know when to use that phrase "have your cake and eat it too" but then I jokingly wrote that it was "bettering" my English -which is grammatically incorrect...so like a pun. only funny in my head apparently lol.

Oh wait, maybe we'll get freed from the whiny 12 year old Call of Duty gamers, as they want all their multimedia to be on one console. Hopefulyl Sony will win with their game-only focus while still keeping those annoying retards away.
    sadly probably not. it may be the other way around this time. "may"

19. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Should still have time to put in editations like Yahtzee's recent review of E3.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...n/7595-E3-2013
    I love Yahtzee.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk

I'd be surprised if Microsoft weren't able to keep up with Sony the first year (ie . sell within 2/3s of PS4..).

Now, we know little about factory numbers. But aside from that, it should be possible to conjure up some rough first year figures. How about it, eh?

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Microsoft was never in this for the gamer, they just wanted to rule the living room then Xbone the hell out of the consumer.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Super Elite
    Wait, wait, you mean to tell me that mainstream media sites can be biased towards a console. Unheard of that can not be possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Ultimate Veteran
    They are not being bias, instead of displaying information evenly between the two they just go ahead and say PS4.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Microsoft was never in this for the gamer, they just wanted to rule the living room then Xbone the hell out of the consumer.
    And the phrase of the day goes to mickice: XBONE THE HELL OUTTA THE CONSUMER. lol. classic bro

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    They are not being bias, instead of displaying information evenly between the two they just go ahead and say PS4.
    Nothing wrong with that at all

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    So the magazine is released tomorrow. I haven't bought an Edge magazine in years.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    So the magazine is released tomorrow. I haven't bought an Edge magazine in years.
    Will be buying too. Edge is going to make a tonne of sales.

29. Likes Fon likes this post

Thread Information