Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    And no, I'm firmly talking about the game reviews. Don't deflect this to console mistakes, which is something I already mentioned and is completely separate. The PS3 had great games from the start. They were just judged far more harshly, often deducted points for things that shouldn't even matter. I remember Uncharted 1 being judged quite negatively for a 'meh story', while Gears of War got a free pass. lol.

The PS3 was consistently delivering exclusives frequently after its launch, and I don't think a single one solidly breached 90 on metacritic before MGS4.
    Gears of War was a pretty influential title back then, and the first proper great looking game this generation. It started the whole cover-based shooter trend.

That is not an indicator, what game deserved to breach 90 on metacritic back then? Uncharted was close, but it didn't exactly reach that excellence.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    My mistake then, but my impression is not a singular one. Your negativity was noted and 360 praise recalled, easy to see where a false impression could be made. This was just during the most loathsome time on this forum, the whole 'balanced gamer' phase so to speak, where we had tons of 360 favoring members join up and chime in on things, to the detriment of the PS3, while at least claiming to own one themselves to claim objectivity and immunity to criticism. Maddening $#@!.

My negativity? What negativity? If by negativity you mean I don't praise every game Sony release then sure, i've been negative. When i'm discussing gaming with my friends i get called a Sony fanboy, yet online i get called a MS fan.

Quite frankly, I'm not fussed how many people share the view. I've made no secret that my platform of choice is the PC but when it comes to consoles then i'm typically in the Sony camp. I've not had both the PS2 and 3 from day 0 for no reason.

And no, I'm firmly talking about the game reviews. Don't deflect this to console mistakes, which is something I already mentioned and is completely separate. The PS3 had great games from the start. They were just judged far more harshly, often deducted points for things that shouldn't even matter. I remember Uncharted 1 being judged quite negatively for a 'meh story', while Gears of War got a free pass. lol.
    I only brought price up because you did. I'm not sure what great games you felt were there from the start but for me, in the UK the launch line up of games wasn't spectacular. I think for a good few months the only games I had were R:FOM, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword and Rainbow 6 vegas.
    The PS3 was consistently delivering exclusives frequently after its launch, and I don't think a single one solidly breached 90 on metacritic before MGS4.
    It took a while for the PS3 to start consistently delivering games, the first year was slow there is no denying that. Perhaps not a single game until MGS4 deserved a score in the 90's. Just because you feel a game deserves a high score doesn't actually mean you're right.

Anyway, here we are 6 years later and it's hard to argue the PS3 hasn't got the best selection of exclusive games. I'm sure it'll be the same for the PS4, the reason i pre-ordered one.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    lol it ain't flaming if it's true (having a required camera).

If anyone is sensitive enough to be offended by that - then well... (and I sincerely feel sorry for you)
    well it's definitely true that's for sure. I'm wondering how quick the NSA will have a catalog of video feed to search through? ok, I'm gonna stop now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Forum Elder
    Ugh oh forma. You spelled out n........s......a and are officially on the list now. Jk.

If not in use I would keep my cam pointed at my daughters guinea pig cage.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    Still, this is bad publicity for Microsoft and will hurt their sales even more.
    I really don't understand posts like this (sorry Flumbooze..this isn't directed at you personally and I am not saying this is what you were inferring). But I see a lot of posts on here hoping the Xbox One fails. I certainly hope it doesn't fail, as surely competition and more gaming options is surely more healthy for all of us consumers.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    I really don't understand posts like this (sorry Flumbooze..this isn't directed at you personally and I am not saying this is what you were inferring). But I see a lot of posts on here hoping the Xbox One fails. I certainly hope it doesn't fail, as surely competition and more gaming options is surely more healthy for all of us consumers.
    I don't think people here want the Xbox One to completely fail, but rather want it to do not as good as the PS4. That said, there are a lot of blind fanboys that do not think about competition and everything else that's involved in it.

Thread Information