Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

Uprising 1.3 - Complete [awaiting QA]

Quote Originally Posted by CCP LogicLoop
    [CCP]LogicLoop:1.3 would be end of July roughly
    [CCP]LogicLoop:maybe early august
    https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=90823

expect to see big updates very frequently as CCP have shifted focus on updating Dust. these updates will hit once a month from here on out after 1.2 goes live in little over an hour [at time of writing]

Patch notes for 1.2 can be found here
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    1.2 is $#@!ing cool! Smoothr framerate, lighting and shadows are better, lots of nice lil details...new headshot sound, new rep tool beam, range of weapons is better. If we see changes like this every month, holy moly!

Forum Guru
    Looks like I came back from holiday on the right day! I didn't know this patch was happening which is a nice surprise.

Saying that though, has anyone had any trouble downloading it? My download didn't seem to want to go past the 90% mark :S

Looks like the patch is being received well by players.

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    Looks like I came back from holiday on the right day! I didn't know this patch was happening which is a nice surprise.

Saying that though, has anyone had any trouble downloading it? My download didn't seem to want to go past the 90% mark :S

Looks like the patch is being received well by players.
    i had trouble downloading, took several attempts to complete.

i've had a forced downtime on account of my PS3 playing up. im not sure if it is back to functioning as it should tbh. the new firmware seems to get me onto the xmb, though things still seem slow even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    1.2 is $#@!ing cool! Smoothr framerate, lighting and shadows are better, lots of nice lil details...new headshot sound, new rep tool beam, range of weapons is better. If we see changes like this every month, holy moly!
    coming off of warframe i was crippled by Dusts dawdling movements
    overall, some nice additions. CCP have gone one step closer to PC and integrated a graphics setting in options allowing you to play around with image quality. naturally, i bumped these down to "low" as i don't like Dust's performance (and if you've seen me on the forums, i don't advocate 60fps gaming. but dust struggles to do 30)

suffice to say, despite felix's efforts to get CCP to fix the DS3 $#@!ty controls they seem adamant that what they've got going is better then every other shooter out there is doing. so yeah, officially ditching DS3 and switching to M/K. i actually tracked enemies across the screen without spraying like a moron.

so if you see me on dust please note that i have lugged my ps3, and it connectors, and set it up by my PC
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Guru
    Yeah I managed to download it on the second attempt.

Hope your ps3 starts to behave better although you seem to have been having problems for a while, why don't you buy a new one? Also, let me know what you think of using m/k once you'e had a good play with them? I'm considering giving it a go as well because why not.

I haven't noticed massive differences to the game play with this update but all the little improvements do make it nicer and the graphics are getting even better which is cool. It's good they've fixed some glitches but I found that I had a new glitch where I couldn't spawn because suddenly all spawn points disappeared...

I do really like how the range of the weapons have been increased, can shoot people from quite far away now which is good on large maps.

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    Yeah I managed to download it on the second attempt.

Hope your ps3 starts to behave better although you seem to have been having problems for a while, why don't you buy a new one? Also, let me know what you think of using m/k once you'e had a good play with them? I'm considering giving it a go as well because why not.

I haven't noticed massive differences to the game play with this update but all the little improvements do make it nicer and the graphics are getting even better which is cool. It's good they've fixed some glitches but I found that I had a new glitch where I couldn't spawn because suddenly all spawn points disappeared...

I do really like how the range of the weapons have been increased, can shoot people from quite far away now which is good on large maps.
    yeah, the new ranges are sweet! shooting at range is an actual tactic now as you can deter people from advancing by simply letting them know you're there with a few rounds.

mouse and keyboard is definitely better for Dust. not the best, but at least you can track targets properly without the useless linear acceleration CCP use on the DS3 kicking in.
    i've actually been doing quite well in matches with the M/K, which is a surprise. however, it's by no means the best it could be. there's something a little off with the mouse controls. there's a delay or lag? not sure, but the reticule does not end up where you think it will end up. in my case its short of where i think its going.

as for my PS3, i went to the mall today and checked out new PS3's. however, "shopping" isn't too high on my priority list atm. my ass is busy
    that being said, my PS3 has been working as it should lately. but playing dust always brings both into question as to what is causing bugs/glitches....dust is not an effective litmus test

to add to that. purchasing a new PS3 this close to the PS4 does not sit well with me for some reason....not sure why >_>
    with there being no backward compatibility i'd assume i'd have no compunction purchasing a replacement o_O... c'est la vie...
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

7. Likes holly likes this post

Thread Information