DL'ed Battlefield 3 Not Working?

I just Downloaded the free PS plus version of Battlefield 3, and I'm having issues.

I'm not sure where I am in the game, but it's night and I have to be helped over a wall by a squad mate so I can get into some city. When I walk up to the squad mate in order to jump over the wall, the action button wouldn't come up and I couldn't progress.

I had to reset the game to get it to work, which it did and I finally got past that part, but died in the same level later on. Now that level won't even load. It just freezes on a blank screen and I have to restart the PS3. I have no issues with any other games doing this.

Any idea what's going on? I basically have a bricked game. Should I re-download it or delete my save?

I have all the updates installed for the game as well as the latest PS3 os.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewing33hi View Post
    I just Downloaded the free PS plus version of Battlefield 3, and I'm having issues.

I'm not sure where I am in the game, but it's night and I have to be helped over a wall by a squad mate so I can get into some city. When I walk up to the squad mate in order to jump over the wall, the action button wouldn't come up and I couldn't progress.

I had to reset the game to get it to work, which it did and I finally got past that part, but died in the same level later on. Now that level won't even load. It just freezes on a blank screen and I have to restart the PS3. I have no issues with any other games doing this.

Any idea what's going on? I basically have a bricked game. Should I re-download it or delete my save?

I have all the updates installed for the game as well as the latest PS3 os.
    I wouldn't do anything maybe they'll post an update for it within the next day or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I'm half way through downloading the update so later I'll see if I recognize this area and whether or not I have an issue.

EDIT: I've only played a little bit, on one of the opening missions in the dark when you're on the 50 cal holding out for the osprey. Got hit by an RPG (which I'm assuming was supposed to trigger some scripted event) and the screen went black and froze up. Had to hard reset.

The only other time I had this happen was on the Uncharted 3 download from PS Plus, no disc based game has had this issue for me.

EDIT 2: Got past the area you described without issue. Then made it to the end of that mission and had another freeze. At least my save data didn't corrupt.
    Last edited by ttech10; 07-04-2013 at 08:37.

Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I'm half way through downloading the update so later I'll see if I recognize this area and whether or not I have an issue.

EDIT: I've only played a little bit, on one of the opening missions in the dark when you're on the 50 cal holding out for the osprey. Got hit by an RPG (which I'm assuming was supposed to trigger some scripted event) and the screen went black and froze up. Had to hard reset.

The only other time I had this happen was on the Uncharted 3 download from PS Plus, no disc based game has had this issue for me.

EDIT 2: Got past the area you described without issue. Then made it to the end of that mission and had another freeze. At least my save data didn't corrupt.
    Thanks for checking into that. I ended up deleting everything, re-downloaded everything, and just started playing from the beginning. I've had no issues. Completed the whole game today. It's shorter than I expected.

Anywho, maybe something went screwy when I DL'ed the first time or my save got corrupted or something.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    That's probably what happened. I had to download/install Uncharted 3 twice for it to work (which really messed up my monthly data cap).

Glad it's working though. I'm trying to get myself to boot it up and finish the story, not sure if I'll mess with online.

Thread Information