Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55
  1. #26
    Member
    Beasley2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    2,133 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Sony to MS: "Sure, MS. Go ahead and announce it. We'll be doing the same at our conference. We got to stick together on this. Gamers will learn to accept it. We going to rake in all the $$$. We deserve every penny from these used game buying ____."
    That's a good point actually. What if Sony only patented the DRM technology to trick Microsoft into using it themselves? It's far-fetched, I know, but that would have actually been pretty damn clever!

  2. #27
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,573
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    71,992 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The true story is Sony trolled MS again.

    Sony to MS: "Sure, MS. Go ahead and announce it. We'll be doing the same at our conference. We got to stick together on this. Gamers will learn to accept it. We going to rake in all the $$$. We deserve every penny from these used game buying ____."

    Sony: " Look at those fools. They actually believed us. Ahahahaha! and it's $499. Aye! Jack!, you know all eyes are going to be on you when you announce our plans, right? Dis gon b guddd"
    lowblow.jpg
    Summary of events
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  3. Likes Beasley2K likes this post
  4. #28
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    30,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beasley2K View Post
    That's a good point actually. What if Sony only patented the DRM technology to trick Microsoft into using it themselves? It's far-fetched, I know, but that would have actually been pretty damn clever!
    clever wrong $#@!ty hilarious f'ed up whatever u wanna call it lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  5. #29
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,573
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    71,992 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Sony and most other companies patent all kind of stuff they never actually use. Does it mean anything? Nope.

    Exhibit A:

    ps-move-patent-ir.jpg
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  6. #30
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    30,649 (0 Banked)
    lol. crab walk pro? I think not


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  7. #31
    Dedicated Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    10,097 (0 Banked)
    what this shows it Sony actually understood is customers where as Microsoft didn't....I know many Xbox Fans but I always ask them " How many times can you get screwed before you stop feeding them?" Think about it...Even with this gen consoles MS has raped its customers....How they expected it to be different this gen is beyond me.

  8. #32
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    30,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    what this shows it Sony actually understood is customers where as Microsoft didn't....I know many Xbox Fans but I always ask them " How many times can you get screwed before you stop feeding them?" Think about it...Even with this gen consoles MS has raped its customers....How they expected it to be different this gen is beyond me.
    I agree with your statement about sony understanding their customers. However, for the sake of argument, I don't think Microsoft DIDN'T necessarily, I think they're trying to broaden the Xbox's horizons and for that to happen they'd have to incorporate more entertainment features into the box, which they did. Did some features piss off the gamers? Of course, because MS wasn't considering them as top priority. Sony on the otherhand puts gamers top priority which is why I have a ps4 on the way



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  9. #33
    Member
    Beasley2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    2,133 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    I agree with your statement about sony understanding their customers. However, for the sake of argument, I don't think Microsoft DIDN'T necessarily, I think they're trying to broaden the Xbox's horizons and for that to happen they'd have to incorporate more entertainment features into the box, which they did. Did some features piss off the gamers? Of course, because MS wasn't considering them as top priority. Sony on the otherhand puts gamers top priority which is why I have a ps4 on the way
    Yeah, I don't think Microsoft intentionally screwed over their fans, I think they actually genuinely thought it was a good idea and thought that their fanbase was loyal enough to stick by them. In addition to this, I think they didn't think it was as important to put gamers first as they thought they'd make up for it by advertising it as a multimedia device and bringing in more consumers overall. Who cares if they piss off a few gamers if they end up with a larger audience due to making an all out entertainment box? After all, this is what the Nintendo did with the Wii - they screwed over the hardcore crowd and brought in the casual audience. Sacrifice a few consumers to get more in the long run. If they lose 10 million fans due to not focusing on games, but bring in 50 million more for appealing to a broader audience, then overall it's a win. They just needed to bring in more people than they lost. Sadly for them, this didn't seem to work.

    Luckily for us, this makes PlayStation seem like the only company we can rely on that will always put the gamers first and gives them a stronger position in the long run as it comes across as the only one that everyone can trust to deliver.
    Last edited by Beasley2K; 07-06-2013 at 01:26.

  10. #34
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    30,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beasley2K View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Microsoft intentionally screwed over their fans, I think they actually genuinely thought it was a good idea and thought that their fanbase was loyal enough to stick by them. In addition to this, I think they didn't think it was as important to put gamers first as they thought they'd make up for it by advertising it as a multimedia device and bringing in more consumers overall. Who cares if they piss off a few gamers if they end up with a larger audience due to making an all out entertainment box? After all, this is what the Nintendo did with the Wii - they screwed over the hardcore crowd and brought in the casual audience. Sacrifice a few consumers to get more in the long run. If they lose 10 million fans due to not focusing on games, but bring in 50 million more for appealing to a broader audience, then overall it's a win. They just needed to bring in more people than they lost. Sadly for them, this didn't seem to work.

    Luckily for us, this makes PlayStation seem like the only company we can rely on that will always put the gamers first and gives them a stronger position in the long run as it comes across as the only one that everyone can trust to deliver.
    that sums up the whole argument right there. done


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  11. #35
    Master Sage
    Nuvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,842
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    14,755 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Of course they are going to say that lol.
    This.

    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.


  12. #36
    Dedicated Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    10,097 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    I agree with your statement about sony understanding their customers. However, for the sake of argument, I don't think Microsoft DIDN'T necessarily, I think they're trying to broaden the Xbox's horizons and for that to happen they'd have to incorporate more entertainment features into the box, which they did. Did some features piss off the gamers? Of course, because MS wasn't considering them as top priority. Sony on the otherhand puts gamers top priority which is why I have a ps4 on the way
    Sony never made you pay to use features like Netfilx or install firmware updates... My step daughter has a Xbox ( she wanted that dance game) her system updated she downloads the update and then to install it it tells her to sign in to Xbox live she dosnt pay for it so it tells her she cant install the update....This is for the 360.....How is that not raping their customers? You should never have to PAY for firm ware updates.

  13. #37
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    30,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Sony never made you pay to use features like Netfilx or install firmware updates... My step daughter has a Xbox ( she wanted that dance game) her system updated she downloads the update and then to install it it tells her to sign in to Xbox live she dosnt pay for it so it tells her she cant install the update....This is for the 360.....How is that not raping their customers? You should never have to PAY for firm ware updates.
    well yea I guess I'm wrong then. I've never had a Xbox so having to pay to update the damn thing is a shock. that's ridiculous


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  14. #38
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    MichSpartan222
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    375 (0 Banked)
    Xbox Live is free for a 'Silver' account. This includes updates.

    If you want to play with other users on Live, that requires a 'Gold' subscription for $60 per year.
    Last edited by VerizonLover; 07-06-2013 at 17:43.

  15. #39
    Dedicated Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    10,097 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonLover View Post
    Xbox Live is free for a 'Silver' account. This includes updates.

    If you want to play with other users on Live, that requires a 'Gold' subscription for $60 per year.
    show how do you use is silver account? I don't own an Xbox so I am willfully ignorant of how it runs

    Welcome to my nightmare
    141.12

  16. #40
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,502
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    2,674 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    show how do you use is silver account? I don't own an Xbox so I am willfully ignorant of how it runs

    Welcome to my nightmare
    Wait a sec. Aren't you a member of the uspoliticsonline.com forums? I meant USPOL.

    Anyway, you just have to log in and go into the user account, go to xboxlive and obtain a free silver account.

  17. #41
    Dedicated Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    10,097 (0 Banked)
    Okay and yes

    Welcome to my nightmare
    141.12

  18. #42
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    30,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Okay and yes

    Welcome to my nightmare
    c'mon natos gotta get that $#@! figured out bro lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  19. #43
    Dedicated Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    10,097 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    c'mon natos gotta get that $#@! figured out bro lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    hi don't play their Xbox I'm PlayStation dude. I find Xbox controller to be Bulky and uncomfortable
    141.12

  20. #44
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,502
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    2,674 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    hi don't play their Xbox I'm PlayStation dude. I find Xbox controller to be Bulky and uncomfortable
    I'm mostly PlayStation myself but I like the Xbox controller mostly because of it's size. (my hands are extra large and so, the PlayStation controller tends to cramp them up from time to time.)

    Anyway, welcome to PSU Forums and enjoy your stay.

  21. #45
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,573
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    71,992 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I'm mostly PlayStation myself but I like the Xbox controller mostly because of it's size. (my hands are extra large and so, the PlayStation controller tends to cramp them up from time to time.)

    Anyway, welcome to PSU Forums and enjoy your stay.
    Yeah, I could see that happening with the PS3 controller, not built for large hands. I'm pretty comfortable with either myself.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  22. #46
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,502
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    2,674 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Yeah, I could see that happening with the PS3 controller, not built for large hands. I'm pretty comfortable with either myself.
    Exactly. It's not a bad controller. Far from it in fact. It's just a size preference issue and not something that really detracts from the overall experience.

  23. #47
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    30,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I'm mostly PlayStation myself but I like the Xbox controller mostly because of it's size. (my hands are extra large and so, the PlayStation controller tends to cramp them up from time to time.)

    Anyway, welcome to PSU Forums and enjoy your stay.
    Well I do believe the ps4 controller will have you covered bro



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  24. #48
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,502
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    2,674 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    Well I do believe the ps4 controller will have you covered bro
    I hope so. The size has been the only gripe I've had with previous controllers. I think Sony may have actually gotten feedback from people with bigger hands who's only gripe has been the size. Still, can't say anything until it's in my hands.

  25. #49
    Superior Member
    jphuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    12,061 (0 Banked)
    This is true, you can get updates on silver. However...you can download and install things like Netflix, Internet Explorer, YouTube apps and the like as well. You just can't USE them without a Gold subscription. I have a 360 sitting right here that someone gave me (I played Halo 3&4 on it and haven't touched it since, unfortunately) and you can't even BROWSE THE WEB without Gold! I couldn't believe it until I saw it. My free month ran out and I saw they had a promotion to see this "free" big UFC fight so I clicked it. it had me download an app which I did. When done, I went to it and it gave me a "you need to subscribe to XBL Gold to see this content" message. I then tried IE because I hadn't yet and I wanted to see how the web browsing compared to the PS3....NOPE! Need Gold!

    That really just floors me. People who complain about the PSN have no idea how spoiled they are. Not to mention all the free games and stuff you get with PSN+. I also heard on several podcasts this past week that it's been confirmed that the free games MS announced Gold members would be getting each month are only thru this November and that they've already taken back giving out free copies of Assassin's Creed that they announced at E3 at the same time. It's now going to be some XB Arcade title that some SHMUP or the other. MS has big brass ones....gotta give them that.

    All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

  26. #50
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jphuff View Post
    This is true, you can get updates on silver. However...you can download and install things like Netflix, Internet Explorer, YouTube apps and the like as well. You just can't USE them without a Gold subscription. I have a 360 sitting right here that someone gave me (I played Halo 3&4 on it and haven't touched it since, unfortunately) and you can't even BROWSE THE WEB without Gold! I couldn't believe it until I saw it. My free month ran out and I saw they had a promotion to see this "free" big UFC fight so I clicked it. it had me download an app which I did. When done, I went to it and it gave me a "you need to subscribe to XBL Gold to see this content" message. I then tried IE because I hadn't yet and I wanted to see how the web browsing compared to the PS3....NOPE! Need Gold! That really just floors me. People who complain about the PSN have no idea how spoiled they are. Not to mention all the free games and stuff you get with PSN+. I also heard on several podcasts this past week that it's been confirmed that the free games MS announced Gold members would be getting each month are only thru this November and that they've already taken back giving out free copies of Assassin's Creed that they announced at E3 at the same time. It's now going to be some XB Arcade title that some SHMUP or the other. MS has big brass ones....gotta give them that.
    Yep, youre exactly right. And the apologists wonder why so many people are fed up and disgusted with MS.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.