Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Microsoft will now include a headset with Xbox One

edit:
    UPDATE: Microsoft's UK distributor Gem has told Videogamer that its product listing in this week's MCV magazine which claimed Xbox One would come with a headset was a mistake.It gave no explanation for how the erroneous information was printed, however.
    Eurogamer has yet to hear officially from Microsoft or Gem on the matter.

By Tom Phillips Published Thursday, 4 July 2013
    Microsoft has announced another change of policy for Xbox One - the console will now launch with a headset included.
    Microsoft's official Xbox One headset.

The company previously stated that customers would have to buy a headset separately from the 429 console, with the reasoning given that you could use the included Kinect sensor to chat instead.
    Xbox One will not be compatible with Xbox 360 headsets, Microsoft has said, although the company later changed its mind on that, too, and said that it was working to develop some kind of adaptor.
    Today's news of the headset's inclusion with Xbox One comes from a revised product specification for the console. Electronic Theatre spotted the change, listed by Gem, the official UK distributor for Microsoft Studios and Xbox products.

Microsoft's change of heart follows the company's earlier high-profile U-turn to drop its controversial DRM plans, a move which also saw the console become region-free.
    Source

Go on MS keep changing things. At this rate you might drop the mandatory Kinect and my interest might change from a 0 to a 1
    Last edited by BBK..; 07-04-2013 at 17:12.

Forum Guru
    Its quite hard to stop the hate train against the Xbone.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Better than the PS4 headset. However, is in-game audio going through this headset as well?

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanehead View Post
    Its quite hard to stop the hate train against the Xbone.
    Yeah, they've left a bad taste in far too many mouths. I'm still open to one, after a price drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    Better than the PS4 headset. However, is in-game audio going through this headset as well?
    If it is like the 360 then i expect just voice chat to be on the mic and everything else still to go through the sound system

Forum Guru
    Not including a headset in the first place and relying on Kinect to chat was, well, STUPID.

Next 180 turn is..mandatory Kinect.

Flaw3d Genius
    Looks quite a good headset

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    How many more things are they going to go 180 on? They may think this is a good thing, but all I see is a company that can't stick to its guns!

"Oh $#@! Sony aren't doing DRM, better 180! Oh $#@! Sony are including a headset, better 180!"
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

8. Likes Admartian , D3RM1AN, Kuro likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    You are almost there, MS!
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    How many more things are they going to go 180 on? They may think this is a good thing, but all I see is a company that can't stick to its guns!

"Oh $#@! Sony aren't doing DRM, better 180! Oh $#@! Sony are including a headset, better 180!"
    That's exactly what I was thinking lol

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    No Kinect and price drop incoming.

12. Likes JDizzleNO1 , Admartian , Lethal likes this post
    Forum Guru
    How many more things are they going to go 180 on?
    Until Xbone start to actually be 'cool'.

Superior Member

I totally disagree. This shows that MS is listening and responding. To do nothing is the worst thing they could do.

A company that doesn't respond is dead in the water. "Sticking to their guns" is stupid and anti consumer.

I like the way MS is responding. It may be reactionary but at least it's getting better for us consumers.

If they did nothing, you and especially you, would be clamoring about MS not listening to their customer base.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    No Kinect and price drop incoming.
    This would be great. But I wonder if the console would even work with Kinect unplugged? Was there any word on that? I know you can sort of disable it, but I do not recall anyone saying it could be removed. This would be why Microsoft is making it mandatory with every console.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    This would be great. But I wonder if the console would even work with Kinect unplugged? Was there any word on that? I know you can sort of disable it, but I do not recall anyone saying it could be removed. This would be why Microsoft is making it mandatory with every console.
    Day 1 patch should make it possible. There is no logic reason why the Xbone cannot work without Kinect. If they can flick a switch to kill the always online DRM, they can certainly do it with the Kinect.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Day 1 patch should make it possible. There is no logic reason why the Xbone cannot work without Kinect. If they can flick a switch to kill the always online DRM, they can certainly do it with the Kinect.
    Unless their OS is built around the Kinect. May not be as easy as flicking a switch.

Veteran
    Looks like the same headset that came with the 360 pretty much.,

PSN ID
    D3RM1AN
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I totally disagree. This shows that MS is listening and responding. To do nothing is the worst thing they could do.

A company that doesn't respond is dead in the water. "Sticking to their guns" is stupid and anti consumer.

I like the way MS is responding. It may be reactionary but at least it's getting better for us consumers.

If they did nothing, you and especially you, would be clamoring about MS not listening to their customer base.

You disagreed about them responding to things which what they do when the do the 180 thing and you say they're responding at the same time?
    I agree with Dave because there's a little trend in MS doing things that Sony is doing RIGHT because they're afraid to $#@! up. Do you see it? Or is it just me...Ever since being dominated by Sony at E3 they've been $#@!ting bricks.

No matter what the audience think - at the end the day it's all about which company can make the most money from customers.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    This just makes me more and more furious towards Microsoft man. If they just went their way and kept their vision of a gaming future with Kinect that requires an always on connection, I'd be fine. However, see them changing their product day after day, after day of its announcement just makes me mad since it shows a lack of vision that worries me to no end. Go back to your corner this gen Microsoft and learn a good lesson for the next.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

21. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Unless their OS is built around the Kinect. May not be as easy as flicking a switch.
    Before the always DRM reversal move, MS would have told you that Xbone OS was built around the "Cloud". They did the same thing with Windows-Internet Explorer monopoly claiming that the OS was 'built around it'.

We all know its bull$#@!.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post

In business you need to be proactive NOT reactive. Shows Microsoft has no clue what gamers want. Changing policies before a product even launches is really bad! Microsoft should have been listening from the start not after the fact. If some of you sheep are cool w the policy changes, awesome but don't expect consistency from this company. Any company that does this I avoid at all cost, pun intended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

24. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Very nice

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Forum Guru
    So much for free headset.

UPDATE 2: The source, who has requested to remain anonymous, has now retracted their statement to a simple "no comment". So we're none the wiser, if we're being honest. Lots of other sites have had it suggested to them that the headset rumour isn't true, however.

UPDATE 1: It has been confirmed to MCV that the listing was an error and that Microsoft has not altered its plans not to include a headset with the Xbox One.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/now-x...-claim/0118163

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Sony leading and MS following. MS obviously has no clear vision for their console and seems to just not even know what theyre doing and are proving to be very inconsistent. Not a company I would feel confident in buying a console from. Just shows how out of touch MS is.

Superior Member
    So much for free headset.
    lol! What a mess haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3RM1AN View Post
    You disagreed about them responding to things which what they do when the do the 180 thing and you say they're responding at the same time?
    I agree with Dave because there's a little trend in MS doing things that Sony is doing RIGHT because they're afraid to $#@! up. Do you see it? Or is it just me...Ever since being dominated by Sony at E3 they've been $#@!ting bricks.
    HUH? Please actually READ my post. I never disagreed with them responding to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AMG44 View Post
    In business you need to be proactive NOT reactive. Shows Microsoft has no clue what gamers want. Changing policies before a product even launches is really bad! Microsoft should have been listening from the start not after the fact. If some of you sheep are cool w the policy changes, awesome but don't expect consistency from this company. Any company that does this I avoid at all cost, pun intended.
    I agree that being proactive is important . However, listening to feedback or complaints and responding to that feedback is equally important.

Typical that people like you resort to calling others names when they don't agree with you.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Thread Information