Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    I pre-order mainly to get it guaranteed day 1. And also Amazon usually gives you cool stuff for pre-ordering.

Dedicated Member

It's funny, I usually pre-order games I think might be sold out, and then you walk into the stores and there's a ton of them on the shelf! It's just one of those things I guess. I did however Pre-order a PS4 with BF4, just in case you can't get one on launch!

Superior Member

There were lots of shortages for ps3 games at launch...like Resistance and a few other popular titles in my area...afterwards not so much. Like I said...amazon day 1 delivery so its there in my mailbox when i get home from work and usually get free dlc and $10 off future purchases on almost all my video game purchases.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    Well, yeah, I asked for a feature and a day later or so I found out that it already existed
    Lol just busting your balls man.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    There were lots of shortages for ps3 games at launch...like Resistance and a few other popular titles in my area...afterwards not so much. Like I said...amazon day 1 delivery so its there in my mailbox when i get home from work and usually get free dlc and $10 off future purchases on almost all my video game purchases.
    I've got a amazon prime account and it has some really good deals. and I probably would do the same thing as you but I like to go and see what's up at the gamestop stores. don't really like gamestop because of the rip offs they do with the used games but hey they got to turn a profit and it's the only gaming store where I'm from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

6. Likes davin_g likes this post

I don't usually pre-order but when I do it's for the extras. Back in the day i got my Uncharted 2 preorder 6 days before release. That was a fun week
    yeah, but I've never actually had problems finding a game be out of stock everyone. Sometimes at 1 store but then I've always lucked up at the 2nd try

Veteran
    Only time I've really ever had a hard time finding a game I want in stock is
    1) if its a fairly older title that I passed up on at launch or
    2) Its a launch title for a new console. People will buy them up days/weeks in preperation before the console even releases. Sometimes leaving a few copies left at the launch of the console. Its even worse when they buy up those games and are unable to get a launch console to begin with. Totally screws over those who do get a console.

Aside from those situations, the only real benefit(s) are the preorder bonus's or like I mentioned before, if you're horrible with money it can work as a pseudo layaway program of sorts.
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-07-2013 at 12:07.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    I've got a amazon prime account and it has some really good deals. and I probably would do the same thing as you but I like to go and see what's up at the gamestop stores. don't really like gamestop because of the rip offs they do with the used games but hey they got to turn a profit and it's the only gaming store where I'm from

I'm with ya. Except I stopped going into the one in my area. First off I don't support used games so I never buy them. On top of that the hassle I get when I'm in there was not worth it. They would question me on why I pre-ordered a ps3...and kept trying to push 360 stuff on me saying how much better it was. Then when I asked for a copy of Arkum Asylum the grabbed me one of their used ones....I told him I didn't want a used one and wanted the new one. He gave me a hard time about wasting my money and the used was just as good and cheaper. I told him I didn't ask for his opinion and then he said well it was his bosses telling him to push them because they make more money on the used ones. I said well tell your boss he just lost a customer and he is making 0 and see how much that helps his bottom line. I've never gone back. I just don't need the hassle and aggrivation. I've spent easily over $5,000 on consoles and games just this gen and probably will spend just as much next gen....and amazon is getting all of it. Not my gamestop that's for sure. Amazon gets me my games on launch day at my house...no gas to spend and no pimple faced geeks trying to sell me the company line.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I'm with ya. Except I stopped going into the one in my area. First off I don't support used games so I never buy them. On top of that the hassle I get when I'm in there was not worth it. They would question me on why I pre-ordered a ps3...and kept trying to push 360 stuff on me saying how much better it was. Then when I asked for a copy of Arkum Asylum the grabbed me one of their used ones....I told him I didn't want a used one and wanted the new one. He gave me a hard time about wasting my money and the used was just as good and cheaper. I told him I didn't ask for his opinion and then he said well it was his bosses telling him to push them because they make more money on the used ones. I said well tell your boss he just lost a customer and he is making 0 and see how much that helps his bottom line. I've never gone back. I just don't need the hassle and aggrivation. I've spent easily over $5,000 on consoles and games just this gen and probably will spend just as much next gen....and amazon is getting all of it. Not my gamestop that's for sure. Amazon gets me my games on launch day at my house...no gas to spend and no pimple faced geeks trying to sell me the company line.
    I'm with ya bro. if gamestop did tht $#@! with me I'd never go back. I've never had any problems with them pushing a certain company or product. however, I know they make a killing of used games so them trying to do that makes sense, but not in that manner. seems to me I'd rather sell a new game for 60, and turn a little less profit than make 0 by losing a customer. bad business sense.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    The last 2 years I've downloaded 76% of my PS3 Games why?

Because Internet is literally 35 times faster today than it was 2 years ago at the fastest speeds available downloading takes literally only 2-3 hours for a 30GB game to download, sure it takes a further hour an a half to install but while it's doing that I can be productive in other ways and take a break from gaming.

I was put off of EB GAMES (Australia's GameStop, owned by GameStop) years ago honestly I find the stores smell like arm pits and butt sweat most of the time, and middle of the day till close they're really busy the line ups for everything are crazy, most of the time the games cost 30% more than the digital download copy.

So I have no idea why I bought 2 physical games with my PS4 pre-order because it comes down to I have accepted and embrace the digital age of convenience, I hate having to insert discs every time I want to change games but then again I have to do that when watching blu-rays so that's a case of "oh well" in fact I still buy all my new music on vinyl which requires just as much effort when changing albums etc.

When it comes to certain things I prefer some things in physical form and others in a digital sampled form games are all digital products so it shouldn't make a difference whether you buy it physical or digital with the PS4, Sony makes more money when you buy digital and ideally they would love it if everyone went to a digital only system because they would make more money and not have to worry about every 2-3 games being traded in losing 2-3 sales every time.

I can honestly see myself buying 90% of my games in download form when I get my hands on PS4, it's faster than going to a store and buying a game because this time round games begin to download and install immediately as each chunk is downloaded so it will take literally no more than an hour or two to have all the game data installed, even then sony said games will be playable immediately meaning that you will more than likely be able to play most of your games instantly while it downloads and installs this won't be good for the internal HDD but that's where some of the spare RAM in the system will help share the load e.g. as game data loads into the RAM the HDD can work on doing the downloading data and installing jobs just like a typical mac or pc.

I honestly can see sometime this generation a PS4 unit that is slimmed down and doesn't come with an optical drive because the playstation store will be the central hub just like with iPhone, Apple TV and Mac and PC's with iTunes your music has become majorly digital so too will console games.

This will be the last generation of game discs, even now the PS Vita is getting majority of its sales through the PS Store people don't want to lug around game cards anymore with portables, can't say the same for consoles however I know heaps of people that will install PC games and then create disc images of the first game disc so that they never have to insert the real game disc into their PC ever again... I can see the playstation store making an option so that you can pay a small licensing fee to download the digital copy of a game, e.g. you go to say a rental store or borrow a game from a friend then give that game back but you in a few days decide damn I want to buy that game eventually and then sony offers you to purchase a license for the game and because the game is already pre-installed on the HDD most of the game elements are there, maybe minus a few things so sony would then download the missing files and wah la you make the purchase and the game is shown as a digital game in your PS library, this will ultimately make more digital sales and the used game market can continue to do its thing.

if a new game costs let's say $59.95 USD new they could charge $49.95 for the digital download and possibly $35 for the digital asset license this is for a new game if a game is a bargain bin game less than $20 they could charge as little as $9 if they wanted to this would work I think
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

PSN ID
    l-Rasunda-l
    Yes, the games are downloadable, the problem is that its Sony. Thankfully the games arent tied to your console like Nintendo, but unlike Microsoft, Sony doesnt allow you to change your account name. I'm someone who likes change and gets bored with the same old things, I like to switch it up. Now, most people online known me as ProfessorPanda or DuhWhitePanda.

On PS3 however, I've been stuck with the same account for well over 5 years now. At least, with buying everything physically, I can create a new account, if I want, and still play my games, excluding online pass games. Until Sony allows us to change usernames, like Microsoft, I have no intent on buying much off the Sony Store.
    One breath in this moment. We'll stay till were chosen and though it all.
    We Rise and Fall
    With our eyes wide open. We'll fight till we're broken.

..::WUB WUB WUB::..

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    I used to pre-order just so i could have it first. Now i wake up in time for a store to open on release day and make sure I'm first in.

Thread Information