Tomb Raider DLC.
TGS 2013: Best RPG Award:
Lightning: As the Savior, Lightning is tasked with guiding all souls to the new world prepared by Bhunivelze. However, with growing suspicion over her master and his divine plan, Lightning soon finds herself wanting to save the dying world instead. But this desire goes against the will of Bhunivelze. Is Lightning prepared to go up against a god…
Bhunivelze: The mythological god who defeated his mother to gain control over the world. He calls upon Lightning and guides her fate. However, he will also be the one to deceive and sever her.
Cid Raines: The dead have chosen Cid Raines to be their advocate, and through their strong will, he appears once again before Lightning with a request.
Lumina: Lumina appears throughout the story, helping and hindering Lightning. But what is this mysterious girl’s true wish? Why does she resemble Serah so much? With tears streaming down her face, Lumina cries, “Please don’t leave me alone…”
Snow: After 500 hundred years of despair, Snow seems to be showing a glimpse of his former self. Has he finally returned to the heated Snow we know and love!?
Hope: Similar to Lightning, Hope has also been robbed of emotion. In this scene, a bit of that stolen emotion has returned. But is he expressing relief or sorrow?
Sazh, Vanille, and Fang have conflicts of their own that only Lightning can solve. Yeul’s wish may have something to do with Noel and Caius.
Lightning: This is goodbye.
Cid: You will know which soul to find.
Lumina: How long are you going to pretend to be “Lightning”?
Lumina: Please, don’t leave me alone…
Snow: After 500 years-
Concept Art, New Details
XIV: A Realm Reborn Crossover Trailer
Link to some more news:
Lightning Returns takes around 20-30 hours to complete, costumes carry over to New Game+
Noel Kreiss seeks to maintain a sense of security in Lightning Returns
Translation of the Lightning Returns environment trailers:
In the wake of the Japanese-only trailers showing off the the continents of Lightning Returns, a community member provided me with a link to a translation of Hope and Lightning’s conversations. The translation serves to clarify the position of the “Salvation Council”, which we previously believed to be the followers of Etro who have been killing women that resemble the Savior. The original translator has asked to be credited as Ryu-Chan.
Square Enix published five new trailers of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. This time around the videos come with the purpose of introducing future players to the world in which the game is set.
If you’ve seen the new Lightning Returns trailer out of Gamescom, then you’ll know that Lightning won’t be entirely alone on her upcoming adventure.
New Lightning Returns screenshots to do with something called “Chrono Stasis”
Sazh And Mog Also Return For Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Here’s the latest batch of new screenshots out of Gamescom for Lightning Returns featuring The Wildlands – the last remaining wilderness in the dying world of Nova Crystalia.
Yuji Abe talks Lightning Returns GP, battle system, more
Alongside the previously posted Dengeki report, Famitsu has their own report on the systems of Lightning Returns..
Screenshots Of The Wildlands Area
Tokyo Game Show Trailer 19th Sep
Ark introduction video (in Japanese) Aug 7th
Gameplay showing the new worlds (in Japanese). Sept 2nd
Gameplay of the Wildlands.
Newest trailer. Spoilers obviously. (Gamescom 2013)
Updated Cloud Costume Trailer (Gamescom 2013)
Lightning Returns (SDCC trailer)
12 minute Gameplay Footage
Video of the Japanese competition they had recently.
Results 1 to 25 of 213
Thread: Lightning Returns Thread
Lightning Returns Thread
Last edited by avecha; 07-29-2013 at 12:23.
Bluehazeburnout likes this post
I noticed some of the spoilers.Well least she's back.As for the FFVII Remake even if they did do it. It wouldn't be the same.
Im sure Snow doesn't recognise her either. I like Snow's look on this one even though he looks like a bulkier version of Riku. Im not a huge fan of him in the other games. Well the trailer shows that Vanille will highly likely be in the game.
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
- PSN ID
- Rep Power
Is it okay if I play this game even if I didn't touch FFXIII-2? This looks interesting, but I'm not really interested in messing with FFXIII-2.
Foraeli likes this post
- You can use GP (Glory Points) to stop time on the field and teleport to a specific spot.
- You mainly earn GP by clearing battles. At first it was shared with Radiant Power (points sacrificed to the star tree Yggdrasil to extend the life of the world), but now they are separate and available regardless of the world’s lifespan.
- Since Lightning grows outside of battle too, only clearing important event scenes will set a parameter. It’s possible to clear the game as fast as possible without participating in battles.
- As for parameter changes in the category of usual play, the weight of equipment is considerably large. (It’s possible to make up the difference when playing through it.)
- Since strong weapons are sold at the start, you’ll be stronger if you buy them. If you buy the strongest one, you’d probably be fine using it until the last boss. Of course, the price [is so high] you won’t afford it without doing your best.
- The first play through is difficult, but theoretically it’s possible to grasp everything in one play through.
- You can go to just about any spot on the map that looks possible. (About 90%.) The dungeon’s structures have a lot of high and low variations, and it’s possible to fall right to the bottom.
- Basically you can seamlessly go to all the places you are able to walk. Basically anywhere you can walk, you can go seamlessly. You can walk through all the continents, all seamlessly. Since you warp when you are riding a vehicle, it causes loading.
Lighting miqo'te costume that was shown on FFXIV will be on Lightning Returns.
Honestly, the whole costume thing is what had me worried most. I thought, originally, lightning wasn't supposed to be a sex-symbol. Regardless of that costume being "proper" and "true to form" in regards to what it's representing, we all know the real purpose for that costume. Sure, smart business plan I suppose, but it hurts the image of Lightning a little bit. Fortunately, it will likely be DLC, so I can ignore it completely
-FatesServantFate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.
I love the XIII series. But i will be ignoring the fan service costumes. Same goes for XIV. Just takes away the realism for me. Hard to explain.
I hate how the have upped the sex appeal for Lightning in this game.
Lightning can participate as a contender at the Colosseum at the "Palace of Amusement" in the City of Pleasure, Yusnaan!! If she defeats opponents on the competition table, she can receive prizes such as "X-Potions"
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)