Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 213
  1. #151
    Asset Manager
    avecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    17,353 (0 Banked)
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by sarlndr View Post
    I have no idea what's going on with this demo. I haven't played a FF game since FFX came out back in the day. Did they do away with the party system? Is it just Lightning all by her lonesome the whole game?

    It looks amazing but I didn't get very far into the demo. I'm tired, maybe it'll make more sense tomorrow.
    XIII was a party system, XIII-2 was 2 characters and monsters, XIII-3 is solo Lightning and guest stars that fight alongside you.

    It's a great game! I love the feel of the demo and everything. Schema customization is very in depth as well.



  2. #152
    Newbie
    ps3rules07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PSN ID
    James21291
    Age
    23
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    259 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    XIII was a party system, XIII-2 was 2 characters and monsters, XIII-3 is solo Lightning and guest stars that fight alongside you.

    It's a great game! I love the feel of the demo and everything. Schema customization is very in depth as well.
    I really liked the demo too

  3. #153
    Super Elite
    robvandam111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,389
    Rep Power
    43
    Points
    21,941 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    The Schema system is something I'm going to have to get used to. It felt awkward and while going against the enemies I just pressed on whatever buttons there was. How do I progress my stats? I notice you had to equip the garbs on but I was still kind of lost.

    3DS: 4613-6960-4293


  4. #154
    Asset Manager
    avecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    17,353 (0 Banked)
    Items Lightning
    The bonus garb can only be used in the full game so it will be in the game data for release.

    Schema you can customize by changing shields, weapons and moves etc to give different abilities and health boosts, defense etc.



  5. #155
    Apprentice
    Bluehazeburnout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Devon, Uk
    PSN ID
    Bluehazeburnout
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    847 (0 Banked)
    I only got to fight 2 of the first monsters in the game before sleep called, but i felt it was a lot more dynamic then the previous games and tbh i really enjoyed it. I'll have a proper play later on but it might just convince me to buy it at launch rather then waiting.

    what i found interesting, was the fact you do not automatically regain your health after each fight.

    TBH i think they took the system from FF14 and improved it way more - i think this is the sort of thing they envisioned when creating 14 but ould not figure out how to pull it off.

    Much nicer pace in the game - only thing is that blasted time limit - think it will annoy me in the full game as i am a explorer and tend to take my time with the main story line but this will constantly push you onwards.

  6. #156
    Asset Manager
    avecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    17,353 (0 Banked)
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazeburnout View Post
    I only got to fight 2 of the first monsters in the game before sleep called, but i felt it was a lot more dynamic then the previous games and tbh i really enjoyed it. I'll have a proper play later on but it might just convince me to buy it at launch rather then waiting.

    what i found interesting, was the fact you do not automatically regain your health after each fight.

    TBH i think they took the system from FF14 and improved it way more - i think this is the sort of thing they envisioned when creating 14 but ould not figure out how to pull it off.

    Much nicer pace in the game - only thing is that blasted time limit - think it will annoy me in the full game as i am a explorer and tend to take my time with the main story line but this will constantly push you onwards.
    As soon as i picked up XIV i knew the games played very similar.

    The makers have said they want people to take their time on the first playthrough even if the time runs out. They also said you can't see everything in one playthrough.



  7. #157
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,069
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    36,622 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'll be picking this up, but I'm nowhere near as excited for it as I am for XV.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  8. #158
    Newbie
    FinalSynFrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    PSN ID
    Ix_DarkDragon_
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    6
    Points
    620 (0 Banked)
    Man, you guys are lucky to play the Demo
    I can't even get past the Cutscenes without my PS3 giving me a YLOD.

    Seriously, if Microsoft dropped the Gold Requirement to play this Demo, I would have downloaded it for my Xbox 360, but nooo, they had to put GOLD for a stupid reason.

    Anyways, I'm quite excited for this game. I have not played XIII, but I have played XIII-2. Wasn't a bad game, but throughout the course of the game, the Battle System felt too easy. Hoping this game would have a much better system than XIII-2.

  9. #159
    Super Elite
    robvandam111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,389
    Rep Power
    43
    Points
    21,941 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    Man, you guys are lucky to play the Demo
    I can't even get past the Cutscenes without my PS3 giving me a YLOD.

    Seriously, if Microsoft dropped the Gold Requirement to play this Demo, I would have downloaded it for my Xbox 360, but nooo, they had to put GOLD for a stupid reason.

    Anyways, I'm quite excited for this game. I have not played XIII, but I have played XIII-2. Wasn't a bad game, but throughout the course of the game, the Battle System felt too easy. Hoping this game would have a much better system than XIII-2.
    I really loved XIII-2. This one is going be to kind of weird to get used to. I was just switching and pressing what ever there was to press.

    How did every one else felt?

    3DS: 4613-6960-4293


  10. #160
    Apprentice
    Bluehazeburnout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Devon, Uk
    PSN ID
    Bluehazeburnout
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    847 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    I really loved XIII-2. This one is going be to kind of weird to get used to. I was just switching and pressing what ever there was to press.

    How did every one else felt?
    Yeah, it was very quick and i found if i didn't pay attention i very quickly fell into just mashing the keypad.

  11. #161
    Newbie
    FinalSynFrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    PSN ID
    Ix_DarkDragon_
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    6
    Points
    620 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazeburnout View Post
    Yeah, it was very quick and i found if i didn't pay attention i very quickly fell into just mashing the keypad.
    I guess you will get used to the Battle System once you get to experience it a bit more on release :P

  12. #162
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    1,989 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazeburnout View Post
    Yeah, it was very quick and i found if i didn't pay attention i very quickly fell into just mashing the keypad.

    try play on normal, but you might not be able to finish it on first playthrough. i didn't.

    tip: you can hold the button and switch on the fly and lightning can keep doing what the button is mapped to.
    you dont need to really button smash too much if you find your mapping style

  13. #163
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,069
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    36,622 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Played the demo earlier..don't think I like the new battle system much at all.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  14. #164
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    1,989 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Played the demo earlier..don't think I like the new battle system much at all.

    The battle system is the saving grace of this piece of $#@! game.
    I paid for it so i am trying make it worth it.

    the quest system is just dumb.

  15. #165
    Superior Member
    AsterPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    691
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    3,940 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Played the demo it was ok. I'll rent this game out some point.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia 2 and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5


  16. #166
    Asset Manager
    avecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    17,353 (0 Banked)
    Items Lightning

    Countdown is on! I'm dribbling with anticipation.




  17. #167
    PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    Lasombra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    20
    Points
    20,276 (0 Banked)
    I saw it wasn't in the OP but I was at TGS this year and got to play the TGS demo. I gave it the official PSU RPG of the Show award. That quick demo had me hooked right away, even if it was in Japanese and I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I just played the demo 4 times the other day. Can't wait for the 11th. Best in the series I think it'll have the potential to be.

    http://www.psu.com/a021087/TGS-2013-...htning-Returns

    This is also a poster I got from a convenience store while I was living in Nagoya. They were just going to throw it out so I got it for free.


  18. Likes avecha likes this post
  19. #168
    Apprentice
    Bluehazeburnout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Devon, Uk
    PSN ID
    Bluehazeburnout
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    847 (0 Banked)
    Finally preordered this on friday.

    Shame not collectors edition but we ain't got one in the uk

    Then my tv blew up,

    so i got 11 days to get it fixed or get a new one.

    Gah!

    Also, as it's out on the 14th here, i will have to spend some time with my miss's, therefore won't get to play till the 15th if i got a tv by then.

    so many things.

  20. #169
    Asset Manager
    avecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    17,353 (0 Banked)
    Items Lightning
    Well my Collectors Edition has already been shipped to my US address.

    Very exciting.



  21. #170
    PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    Lasombra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    20
    Points
    20,276 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    Well my Collectors Edition has already been shipped to my US address.

    Very exciting.
    I personally like the superset in Japan that had all 3 games, and a sweet Lightning figure. The watch in the US edition is sweet and all, but I'd feel like using it it'll break.

  22. #171
    Apprentice
    Bluehazeburnout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Devon, Uk
    PSN ID
    Bluehazeburnout
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    847 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I personally like the superset in Japan that had all 3 games, and a sweet Lightning figure. The watch in the US edition is sweet and all, but I'd feel like using it it'll break.
    i wanted that watch!!!! but we get a steel case. and thats it.....

  23. #172
    Super Elite
    robvandam111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,389
    Rep Power
    43
    Points
    21,941 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Despite all of the criticism, I'm going to miss Lighting and her companions. Really have enjoyed XIII and XIII-2 and appreciated. Can't wait when I get mine.

    3DS: 4613-6960-4293


  24. Likes Bluehazeburnout, avecha likes this post
  25. #173
    Asset Manager
    avecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    17,353 (0 Banked)
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Despite all of the criticism, I'm going to miss Lighting and her companions. Really have enjoyed XIII and XIII-2 and appreciated. Can't wait when I get mine.
    So will i. Gonna be sad when i finish the game.



  26. #174
    Apprentice
    Bluehazeburnout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Devon, Uk
    PSN ID
    Bluehazeburnout
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    847 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    So will i. Gonna be sad when i finish the game.

    I am just glad we are back with Lightning for the final game - Noal did my head in completely.

  27. #175
    Asset Manager
    avecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    17,353 (0 Banked)
    Items Lightning
    Cheers to PSU for the heads up.



    Also, don't forget to check out this link:
    http://www.psu.com/a021087/TGS-2013-...htning-Returns



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.