Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 9
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm on day 5 or 6 now. Only main story quests I have left to do are the Sazh and Caius ones. Got to the Caius fight but he kicked my ass, so I'm gonna finish the Sazh one first.

Got to say as much as I like the game, I still don't really like the Schemata system.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I'm on day 5 or 6 now. Only main story quests I have left to do are the Sazh and Caius ones. Got to the Caius fight but he kicked my ass, so I'm gonna finish the Sazh one first.

Got to say as much as I like the game, I still don't really like the Schemata system.
    It takes some getting used to. I only really started getting experimental in the final dungeon and i love it.
    The trick is not to min/max everything.

I sacrificed strength for Protect Siphon, Saboteured the $#@! out of the enemy and Commando'd it to death in seconds.

A full EP ring will help with Caius as well.

I just got the
    and the enemies just drop.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I'm now at the start of Day 7 with what appears to be the majority of the side quests done, only ones left are the two annoying ones in Luxerion were you have to come back everyday and the Dead Dunes one to kill all the Last Ones. Getting pretty boring, all I'm doing now it killing monsters until Day XIII. My weapons are Caius Sword, the sword you get off the last Reaver and the sword you get off the last Skeleton. I don't even bother customising the schemata much, basically just 3 commandos with a spell each.

Tempted to just skip to the end now, I really want to see how they wrap up the story.
    Trophy-licious!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Watched the Lighting Returns movie. That ending left me a tear in my eye. I don't know if I should feel happy though, glad there was a resolve. And Bhulnivelze looks bad-ass! Although he's an ass-hole lol.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Watched the Lighting Returns movie. That ending left me a tear in my eye. I don't know if I should feel happy though, glad there was a resolve. And Bhulnivelze looks bad-ass! Although he's an ass-hole lol.
    $#@!, $#@!, $#@!. I shouldn't have read that. I kind of have a feeling what is going to happen. I have been listening to the soundtrack and get a feeling from the endgame music what is going to happen. Part of me wants a happy ending but part of me wants lightning to get a reunion but not stay. I need to beat Bhunivelze. Tomorrow!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    By the time I reach the Ultimate Layer the majority of The Last Ones will be dead already!
    Trophy-licious!

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    I was reading the guide book and it said, can't remember, that either the last ones you kill in the bonus dungeon won't be in the game world or vice versa. Something like that anyway.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Basically if you wait and kill them in the bonus dungeon you will wipe them out automatically, or if you wiped out the entire species through the rest of the gameplay they won't appear in the dungeon.
    Trophy-licious!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    I got bored just killing monsters on Day 8 so I've decided to make a separate save file and I'm just using Inns now to progress the story quickly! Want to reach the ending already! Then I'll go back and finish the sidequests!

This game is weird, it tries to make you do all the sidequests before you finish the story instead of making it a post game thing. I finished the majority of them now though except for The Last Ones.
    Trophy-licious!

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    The only quests you really need to do are the the 4 main ones. That progresses the story enough to reach the final day. You will be weak as $#@! stat wise though.

After spending almost a week on the final boss, i finally completed it. Make sure you get 14 days for the bonus scene post-credits.

I'm sad it's all over.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    I'm not really weak though I'm strong enough and got to Day 14 even after skipping 5 or so days. Tried the final boss once last night (Without doing the optional 4 trials beforehand or the Ultimate Dungeon)...got to the 2nd phase and almost defeated it before he killed me.

Tell me this though, without spoiling anything..how many phases does the final boss have?
    Trophy-licious!

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I'm not really weak though I'm strong enough and got to Day 14 even after skipping 5 or so days. Tried the final boss once last night (Without doing the optional 4 trials beforehand or the Ultimate Dungeon)...got to the 2nd phase and almost defeated it before he killed me.

Tell me this though, without spoiling anything..how many phases does the final boss have?
    4 Phases. Do the trials. It'll make your life easier.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 970 GTX | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    4 Phases. Do the trials. It'll make your life easier.
    This.

Also farm the last enemies for the last ones. Helps a lot during the trials, if the last one is defeated then you don't have to kill it during the trials.

Thread Information