Items Lightning

Lightning Returns Thread

Tomb Raider DLC.

TGS 2013: Best RPG Award:
    http://www.psu.com/a021087/TGS-2013-...htning-Returns

Part 1

Part 2

Characters

Lightning: As the Savior, Lightning is tasked with guiding all souls to the new world prepared by Bhunivelze. However, with growing suspicion over her master and his divine plan, Lightning soon finds herself wanting to save the dying world instead. But this desire goes against the will of Bhunivelze. Is Lightning prepared to go up against a god…
    Bhunivelze: The mythological god who defeated his mother to gain control over the world. He calls upon Lightning and guides her fate. However, he will also be the one to deceive and sever her.
    Cid Raines: The dead have chosen Cid Raines to be their advocate, and through their strong will, he appears once again before Lightning with a request.
    Lumina: Lumina appears throughout the story, helping and hindering Lightning. But what is this mysterious girl’s true wish? Why does she resemble Serah so much? With tears streaming down her face, Lumina cries, “Please don’t leave me alone…”
    Snow: After 500 hundred years of despair, Snow seems to be showing a glimpse of his former self. Has he finally returned to the heated Snow we know and love!?
    Hope: Similar to Lightning, Hope has also been robbed of emotion. In this scene, a bit of that stolen emotion has returned. But is he expressing relief or sorrow?
    Sazh, Vanille, and Fang have conflicts of their own that only Lightning can solve. Yeul’s wish may have something to do with Noel and Caius.

Character Quotes

Lightning: This is goodbye.
    Cid: You will know which soul to find.
    Lumina: How long are you going to pretend to be “Lightning”?
    Lumina: Please, don’t leave me alone…
    Snow: After 500 years-

New Screens.
    http://www.4gamer.net/games/182/G018237/20131115077/

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/11/shopkeepers-are-a-little-pickier-in-lightning-returns/

Concept Art, New Details
    http://squareportal.net/2013/10/30/b...evice-details/

Madrid Presentation
    http://www.novacrystallis.net/2013/1...itario-de.html

Intro Sequence:

http://www.psu.com/a021102/Lightning...-watch-it-here

XIV: A Realm Reborn Crossover Trailer

Link to some more news:

Lightning Returns takes around 20-30 hours to complete, costumes carry over to New Game+
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...turns-details/

Noel Kreiss seeks to maintain a sense of security in Lightning Returns
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...tning-returns/

Translation of the Lightning Returns environment trailers:
    In the wake of the Japanese-only trailers showing off the the continents of Lightning Returns, a community member provided me with a link to a translation of Hope and Lightning’s conversations. The translation serves to clarify the position of the “Salvation Council”, which we previously believed to be the followers of Etro who have been killing women that resemble the Savior. The original translator has asked to be credited as Ryu-Chan.
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...ment-trailers/

Square Enix published five new trailers of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. This time around the videos come with the purpose of introducing future players to the world in which the game is set.
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/...ase-the-world/

If you’ve seen the new Lightning Returns trailer out of Gamescom, then you’ll know that Lightning won’t be entirely alone on her upcoming adventure.

New Lightning Returns screenshots to do with something called “Chrono Stasis”
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...chrono-stasis/

Sazh And Mog Also Return For Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/21/sazh-and-mog-also-return-for-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

Here’s the latest batch of new screenshots out of Gamescom for Lightning Returns featuring The Wildlands – the last remaining wilderness in the dying world of Nova Crystalia.
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...ands-and-more/

Yuji Abe talks Lightning Returns GP, battle system, more
    http://gematsu.com/2013/07/yuji-abe-...le-system-more

Alongside the previously posted Dengeki report, Famitsu has their own report on the systems of Lightning Returns..

Screenshots Of The Wildlands Area

Tokyo Game Show Trailer 19th Sep

Ark introduction video (in Japanese) Aug 7th

Gameplay showing the new worlds (in Japanese). Sept 2nd

Gameplay of the Wildlands.

Newest trailer. Spoilers obviously. (Gamescom 2013)

Updated Cloud Costume Trailer (Gamescom 2013)

The Savior

Lightning Returns (SDCC trailer)

12 minute Gameplay Footage

Customization Video

Video of the Japanese competition they had recently.

Music
    Last edited by avecha; 07-29-2013 at 11:23.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    I noticed some of the spoilers.Well least she's back.As for the FFVII Remake even if they did do it. It wouldn't be the same.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia 2 and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    I noticed some of the spoilers.Well least she's back.As for the FFVII Remake even if they did do it. It wouldn't be the same.
    First sensible VII comment I've actually seen.

One thing about the trailer though is that she doesn't seem to recognize Lightning?

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    First sensible VII comment I've actually seen.

One thing about the trailer though is that she doesn't seem to recognize Lightning?
    Yeah I said it to youtubers they say "Why don't our fans get the remake we deserve" I can't see that it won't be the same. If it does they complain it compared to the original.

Im sure Snow doesn't recognise her either. I like Snow's look on this one even though he looks like a bulkier version of Riku. Im not a huge fan of him in the other games. Well the trailer shows that Vanille will highly likely be in the game.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Yeah I said it to youtubers they say "Why don't our fans get the remake we deserve" I can't see that it won't be the same. If it does they complain it compared to the original.

Im sure Snow doesn't recognise her either. I like Snow's look on this one even though he looks like a bulkier version of Riku. Im not a huge fan of him in the other games. Well the trailer shows that Vanille will highly likely be in the game.
    All i wanna know is why Hope is his younger self?

Superior Member
    Due to Fang being in the trailer a while ago i expected Vanille to return.Well its good that you can go back to the original outfits!.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Why 2014? why?

The ps4 will be here and I wont be playing my ps3.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    Why 2014? why?

The ps4 will be here and I wont be playing my ps3.
    Haha, me too. But i will be keeping the PS3 for this game. That and no PS4 release games interest me so i'll need something to tide me over.

Superior Member
    Haha, me too. But i will be keeping the PS3 for this game. That and no PS4 release games interest me so i'll need something to tide me over.
    Im not worried about buying a PS4 straight away i'll wait to more interesting stuff comes I got a few games on PS3 I want to play and some I would like to finish.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Im not worried about buying a PS4 straight away i'll wait to more interesting stuff comes I got a few games on PS3 I want to play and some I would like to finish.
    I had a PS3 since launch and i think FFXIII was the first game i actually bought for it.

Superior Member
    I had a PS3 since launch and i think FFXIII was the first game i actually bought for it.
    First one i brought was Uncharted 1. Pretty good game actually.I brought the limited edition of FFXIII when it came out. Time gone fast.

Superior Member
    Yeah if i recall I heard Caius will be returning.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah if i recall I heard Caius will be returning.
    I hope so! Caius was an awesome villain.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Is it okay if I play this game even if I didn't touch FFXIII-2? This looks interesting, but I'm not really interested in messing with FFXIII-2.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Is it okay if I play this game even if I didn't touch FFXIII-2? This looks interesting, but I'm not really interested in messing with FFXIII-2.
    It's continues from 13-2 but can be played by itself without any need to play the previous two.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    • You can use GP (Glory Points) to stop time on the field and teleport to a specific spot.
    • You mainly earn GP by clearing battles. At first it was shared with Radiant Power (points sacrificed to the star tree Yggdrasil to extend the life of the world), but now they are separate and available regardless of the world’s lifespan.
    • Since Lightning grows outside of battle too, only clearing important event scenes will set a parameter. It’s possible to clear the game as fast as possible without participating in battles.
    • As for parameter changes in the category of usual play, the weight of equipment is considerably large. (It’s possible to make up the difference when playing through it.)
    • Since strong weapons are sold at the start, you’ll be stronger if you buy them. If you buy the strongest one, you’d probably be fine using it until the last boss. Of course, the price [is so high] you won’t afford it without doing your best.
    • The first play through is difficult, but theoretically it’s possible to grasp everything in one play through.
    • You can go to just about any spot on the map that looks possible. (About 90%.) The dungeon’s structures have a lot of high and low variations, and it’s possible to fall right to the bottom.
    • Basically you can seamlessly go to all the places you are able to walk. Basically anywhere you can walk, you can go seamlessly. You can walk through all the continents, all seamlessly. Since you warp when you are riding a vehicle, it causes loading.

http://gematsu.com/2013/07/yuji-abe-...le-system-more

Superior Member
    Lighting miqo'te costume that was shown on FFXIV will be on Lightning Returns.
    http://sadpanda.us/images/1742149-FEPLMM8.jpg

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Honestly, the whole costume thing is what had me worried most. I thought, originally, lightning wasn't supposed to be a sex-symbol. Regardless of that costume being "proper" and "true to form" in regards to what it's representing, we all know the real purpose for that costume. Sure, smart business plan I suppose, but it hurts the image of Lightning a little bit. Fortunately, it will likely be DLC, so I can ignore it completely
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    Honestly, the whole costume thing is what had me worried most. I thought, originally, lightning wasn't supposed to be a sex-symbol. Regardless of that costume being "proper" and "true to form" in regards to what it's representing, we all know the real purpose for that costume. Sure, smart business plan I suppose, but it hurts the image of Lightning a little bit. Fortunately, it will likely be DLC, so I can ignore it completely
    -FatesServant
    Yeah Toriyama didn't deny the thing about her breasts from what I read in a interview. Yeah the recent campaign is "Final Fantasy Go There". Yes it could be a mixed bag as for DLC I wouldn't find it surprising.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/07/square-en...there-campaign

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    I love the XIII series. But i will be ignoring the fan service costumes. Same goes for XIV. Just takes away the realism for me. Hard to explain.

I hate how the have upped the sex appeal for Lightning in this game.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Lightning can participate as a contender at the Colosseum at the "Palace of Amusement" in the City of Pleasure, Yusnaan!! If she defeats opponents on the competition table, she can receive prizes such as "X-Potions"

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning

Superior Member
    I remember seeing this trailer a while ago. Showing more costumes and some footage of Lightning battling Noel.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    I remember seeing this trailer a while ago. Showing more costumes and some footage of Lightning battling Noel.
    Yeah, i just thought I'd throw it in here anyway.

Thread Information