we're freaking HUGE!!!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

4. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah, not too shabby lol. I bet we could get up much higher with a lil more recruitment.

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    "Quality over Quantity"
    Sorry to say this, but numbers mean nothing if only a fraction of members play regularly. Don't get me wrong 27th largest corp in Dust 514 is awesome. If we were to take part in a pc then conquer a planetary district and later get attacked I don't think we would have the means to defend our territory. Sure some of the members we've recruited over time might be on, but we don't know enough about these members; they could have low level gear for all we know, some may not have mics. I hate to be a kill joy, but this is something that's been on my mind.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranthop View Post
    "Quality over Quantity"
    Sorry to say this, but numbers mean nothing if only a fraction of members play regularly. Don't get me wrong 27th largest corp in Dust 514 is awesome. If we were to take part in a pc then conquer a planetary district and later get attacked I don't think we would have the means to defend our territory. Sure some of the members we've recruited over time might be on, but we don't know enough about these members; they could have low level gear for all we know, some may not have mics. I hate to be a kill joy, but this is something that's been on my mind.
    the feedback is always welcomed!

however, much like the site here, the Corp should be filled with equally awesome people. having skilled members is also a good thing, but CCP aren't done with Dust yet.
    they plan on having PvE introduced at some point in the future. so what we as a corp could do is have the best of the best out fighting on the front lines (Planetary Conquest), and those more casual fighting PvE (for whatever it is the mode is created for in the first place )

its a very favourable corporation structure! having seen what other devs are doing for PS4, im interested to see what CCP bring to the table.

a few of those who've signed up are part of the forums (i think many of the regulars signed up) but they were pretty much unanimous in their conclusion that CCP need to work on their gameplay.

CCP are playing the long game. we must too
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    I want achievements!!!! Is it too much to ask for?!

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    well done sir's, may we continue to grow and make this the place to game
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    "Quality over Quantity"

At the end of the day, you are right, quality over quantity. However, it is just the norm to have 10-20% of a guild/clan/corp active. PC is 16vs16 because CCP looked at the size of the average corp and its active members and that's what they came up with...so most corps are in the same boat in this regard, so we are on equal footing with most others. We have more recruits though...and as DUST improves they will probably come back, at which point they log in automatically to PSUGS and see a group of fun, friendly and experienced gamers to play with. It's a win in this regard...and we are 27! Without even trying. I could get us in the top 10 if I did front page recruiting.

PSN ID
    Snoopy864
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    At the end of the day, you are right, quality over quantity. However, it is just the norm to have 10-20% of a guild/clan/corp active. PC is 16vs16 because CCP looked at the size of the average corp and its active members and that's what they came up with...so most corps are in the same boat in this regard, so we are on equal footing with most others. We have more recruits though...and as DUST improves they will probably come back, at which point they log in automatically to PSUGS and see a group of fun, friendly and experienced gamers to play with. It's a win in this regard...and we are 27! Without even trying. I could get us in the top 10 if I did front page recruiting.

Sounds like you accepted the challenge!
    Mona Lisa musta had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles!

PSN ID
    Snoopy864
    "Quality over Quantity"
    I do agree that it is quality over quantity. I think we have a solid group of core players, maybe not enough to always be able to defend during PC battles. I do think if we had better communication for future PC battles, we would be able to put together good squads. For a future battle, we could fill in any of the missing players by communicating to the corp what we need and seeing if we have any members that fit that. Food for thought.
    Mona Lisa musta had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles!

PSN ID
    DEADMUDD
    The top 10 oldest characters on the Dustboard from PSU don't play the game
    Last edited by DEADMUDD; 07-10-2013 at 14:50. Reason: had it wrong

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    How come you don't do front page recruiting?

Just curious

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    How come you don't do front page recruiting?

Just curious
    I don't need to. We have enough articles floating around to ensure a decent enough flow of new recruits.

PSN ID
    ezpunk8151
    Quote Originally Posted by barney grogan View Post
    I do agree that it is quality over quantity. I think we have a solid group of core players, maybe not enough to always be able to defend during PC battles. I do think if we had better communication for future PC battles, we would be able to put together good squads. For a future battle, we could fill in any of the missing players by communicating to the corp what we need and seeing if we have any members that fit that. Food for thought.
    if by chance you guys don't have what you need i'll more than happy to give a hand

Thread Information