Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

PSN ID
    baffledduck
    Sony stopped charging for dev patches years ago MS is not leading the charge but catching up and still has a bit more to do

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by baffledduck View Post
    Sony stopped charging for dev patches years ago MS is not leading the charge but catching up and still has a bit more to do
    Not saying it isn't true, but could you provide a link to prove that because i haven't heard anything about it?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    shadowrth
    You can probably find an older one with some digging. Posted last month on how sony handles developers.

Sony leads microsoft follows. Of course this is not counting steam.

http://m.joystiq.com/2013/06/16/dayz...s-an-early-fa/
    Last edited by shadowrth; 07-09-2013 at 01:28.

Soldier 95B

Microsoft removes dev update restrictions on Xbox One, claims Insomniac boss

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Not saying it isn't true, but could you provide a link to prove that because i haven't heard anything about it?
    Sony stopped charging indie devs and MS also stopped back in April. MS has never charged for title updates for any XBLIG. But MS has always been the indie friendly since day one.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    shadowrth
    Micrsoft also had a limit how many times an update will go through until they did charge.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Sorry, I don't see MS leading the charge in anything so far going into the next gen. It is sad and disappointing.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

7. Likes Two4DaMoney , shadowrth likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Sony stopped charging indie devs and MS also stopped back in April. MS has never charged for title updates for any XBLIG. But MS has always been the indie friendly since day one.
    oh ok... I knew that MS was giving one free patch to devs at first though.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    shadowrth
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Sorry, I don't see MS leading the charge in anything so far going into the next gen. It is sad and disappointing.
    not true completely they're leading the way in pissing off its consumers.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrth View Post
    not true completely they're leading the way in pissing off its consumers.
    I stand corrected.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Soldier 95B
    To each their own I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry, bro. Gotta call it like I see it. I know you favor Xbox above all, but with the bad decisions and reversals, I just don't know how anyone can say MS is leading.

13. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage

indeed. this news could actually be good and bad. Good that devs won't have to pay more to update. Bad because this may increase the chances of them releasing buggy $#@!.

Sorry, bro. Gotta call it like I see it. I know you favor Xbox above all, but with the bad decisions and reversals, I just don't know how anyone can say MS is leading.
    It's been pretty rough but the consoles haven't been released yet. Remember sony had it rough with the ps3, and that was before and after launch. MS is starting to get it together now.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-09-2013 at 02:25.

indeed. this news could actually be good and bad. Good that devs won't have to pay more to update. Bad because this may increase the chances of them releasing buggy $#@!.

It's been pretty rough but the consoles haven't been released yet. Remember sony had it rough with the ps3, and that was before and after launch. MS is starting to get it together now.
    Starting to get it together is not leading. Sony didn't lead this gen. MS isn't leading now. All the cheerleading in the world won't change that.

16. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

well I apologize to u and soldier, didnt mean for the conversation to turn into this and that and no this. I was just wondering what made u two think like that because I don't see it that way and I like to know all sides. after seeing what u and soldier meant: still dont agree. but that's the point of a forum, disagreeing and discussing. ill be a classy fellow and not say anything bad about ms because I think they deserve credit, after all they're $#@!ing Microsoft. they will come back. still love my ps4 tho

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Forum Sage
    Starting to get it together is not leading. Sony didn't lead this gen. MS isn't leading now. All the cheerleading in the world won't change that.
    Man it's really not that big of a deal who leads what. All that matters is we get good games for both consoles and it looks like we will . If Soldier is happy with what MS is doing then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    well I apologize to u and soldier, didnt mean for the conversation to turn into this and that and no this. I was just wondering what made u two think like that because I don't see it that way and I like to know all sides. after seeing what u and soldier meant: still dont agree. but that's the point of a forum, disagreeing and discussing. ill be a classy fellow and not say anything bad about ms because I think they deserve credit, after all they're $#@!ing Microsoft. they will come back. still love my ps4 tho
    No need to apologize. I was just trying to find out what the situation was with both MS and sony on this issue.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Man it's really not that big of a deal who leads what. All that matters is we get good games for both consoles and it looks like we will . If Soldier is happy with what MS is doing then so be it.

No need to apologize. I was just trying to find out what the situation was with both MS and sony on this issue.
    did we ever resolve it? like seriously lol I saw ppl saying Sony lead ms followed and some the other way around

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    did we ever resolve it? like seriously lol I saw ppl saying Sony lead ms followed and some the other way around
    It doesn't matter. People are just overreacting to something that was said.

Edit: No use of the term fanboy - Soldier 95B
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 07-09-2013 at 12:11.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Forum Overseer
    Glad to see MS continuing to lead the charge in supporting games and developers.
    PCP is one hell of a drug.
    Who said [Sony] weren't?
    you liked Soldier's reply, which implied an MS lead in this situation. Not true.
    well i don't think sony has done this yet.
    but you just said...
    I haven't heard any news on it so far unless I missed it.
    yes, that's correct, you did miss it.
    I haven't heard anything about them dropping update restrictions. As far as I know both sony and MS charged devs to update/patch their games. I haven't heard Sony has done the same.
    so you don't know and yet you continue to defend and believe in things that are baseless?
    I don't know. You would have to ask Soldier that.
    but you liked his post lol.
    You were the one who brought up sony.
    he was responding to Soldier's post, which implies a lead...MS is directly competing with Sony...who else did you think was involved?
    I'm just saying that i don't think iv'e heard them announce this for ps4 yet.
    of course.
    Man it's really not that big of a deal who leads what.
    it did in the beginning of this thread for you lol.
    It doesn't matter. It's just fanboy stuff and it has nothing to do with the topic. People are just overreacting to something that was said.
    so you like a comment you have no knowledge of, then you continue to defend it then you turn and say that it doesn't matter...and now you're calling other people fanboys? lol classic dude. I love these forums.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    PCP is one hell of a drug. you liked Soldier's reply, which implied an MS lead in this situation. Not true.but you just said...yes, that's correct, you did miss it. so you don't know and yet you continue to defend and believe in things that are baseless? but you liked his post lol.he was responding to Soldier's post, which implies a lead...MS is directly competing with Sony...who else did you think was involved?of course.it did in the beginning of this thread for you lol.so you like a comment you have no knowledge of, then you continue to defend it then you turn and say that it doesn't matter...and now you're calling other people fanboys? lol classic dude. I love these forums.
    Dude, you are late Lenny bringing up the rear. The conversation was done with and I didn't call anyone a fanboy. Stop killing the thread. No one is gonna argue with you about something so trivial. It's fanboy stuff and it's not important. So either discuss the topic or run along.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-09-2013 at 05:43.

Soldier 95B
    Thread cleaned and re-opened. Stay on topic.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Closed by OP request

Thread Information