Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    while I agree with most of your statement i think one kinda contradicts itself. you said the ps4=hardcore gamer. I agree and that's the reason I preordered one; however, as being a console for hardcore gamers wouldn't the ability to play ALL types of games and use ALL types of input innovation be a good idea for HARDCORE gamers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Well, none of the 360/ps3 gamers i know give a rats ass about the PS3 eye or the kinect, and being forced to pay 50-100 bucks extra for a console to include something they will never use is a waste in my opinion, MS are including it because they have a different vision for their console then what Sony has.

Sony haven't bothered promoting the move or the eye much when it comes to the PS4, for me that is an indication that are focusing on the hardcore market rather then the casual market, to me, that is the market that will also pay premium dollar for a top of the line TV with low input lag.

And as things stands now, the Sony W9 40-55" LCD TV line is the best TV available for gamers.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Elite Member
    How though!! Sony went what they thought was best, leaving out the camera was no issue for me as I didn't really know that much about it or what it was for or what it was going to do with the PS4, I can understand it, SONY have always left the camera out of the issue in launching with console's same with PS3 Cam so why is this a big issue to everyone!! if you want the cam buy it if you don't then don't buy it. even if the cam was included it would of still beaten XBO on price imo.

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    there's no doubt in my mind that Sony took the cam off at the last minute or at least after the decision had been made to include it with every bundle.
    I don't know if they did or didn't remove it. I'm just glad I have the option to buy it or not. What changes they did or didn't make and when is irrelevant speculation to me.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    I don't know if they did or didn't remove it. I'm just glad I have the option to buy it or not. What changes they did or didn't make and when is irrelevant speculation to me.
    Yep exactly. Its only what Sony DID do that matters.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    Well, none of the 360/ps3 gamers i know give a rats ass about the PS3 eye or the kinect, and being forced to pay 50-100 bucks extra for a console to include something they will never use is a waste in my opinion, MS are including it because they have a different vision for their console then what Sony has.

Sony haven't bothered promoting the move or the eye much when it comes to the PS4, for me that is an indication that are focusing on the hardcore market rather then the casual market, to me, that is the market that will also pay premium dollar for a top of the line TV with low input lag.

And as things stands now, the Sony W9 40-55" LCD TV line is the best TV available for gamers.
    true none of my friends do either. so basically the casual people will be more along the lines of the move/kinect while hardcore fan base doesn't really want it?

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    That may be but I think we still need to know why the move was implemented when it would server no purpose other than...maybe that they're subsidizing it just so you don't have to put down the controller that you already use and play away.

I can see that but otherwise, it's useless to put that in there.

It's like giving you a laptop adapter without the laptop. a very lame example but somewhat similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep exactly. Its only what Sony DID do that matters.
    and that's what i'm talking about. it matters to me as to why they did do that.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    true none of my friends do either. so basically the casual people will be more along the lines of the move/kinect while hardcore fan base doesn't really want it?

In my opinion yes, but im sure there are people that would disagree with that

I enjoy playing with a controller, i don't want to stand up and wave my arms and do all kinds of stuff when i'm playing a game, i wanna relax on my couch without having to move my ass too much, i believe that is what most hardcore gamers prefer, there just isnt good enough software to support the camera technology, MS has pushed the kinect quite hard and there still isn't a game that utilize that camera in a way that appeals to non casual gamers.

Until the time comes that you can get a full virtual reality gaming experience, i will be playing with a normal controller sitting on my ass on my couch

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    In my opinion yes, but im sure there are people that would disagree with that

I enjoy playing with a controller, i don't want to stand up and wave my arms and do all kinds of stuff when i'm playing a game, i wanna relax on my couch without having to move my ass too much, i believe that is what most hardcore gamers prefer, there just isnt good enough software to support the camera technology, MS has pushed the kinect quite hard and there still isn't a game that utilize that camera in a way that appeals to non casual gamers.

Until the time comes that you can get a full virtual reality gaming experience, i will be playing with a normal controller sitting on my ass on my couch
    well virtual reality gaming is making strides so that may not be too much longer

Veteran
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    well virtual reality gaming is making strides so that may not be too much longer

Not to make too light of this, but I remember those exact words being used about virtual reality gaming back in the early 90's.

I've been waiting for VR gaming to become mainstream since you were in diapers. At this point I don't really give a rats ass about it VR gaming. It may come to mainstream before I'm back in diapers, if so I'll give it a try, if not I'll just sit in my wet diaper playing Assassin's Creed XXIV Future Assassin Brotherhood Pirates of the Milkyway.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Not to make too light of this, but I remember those exact words being used about virtual reality gaming back in the early 90's.

I've been waiting for VR gaming to become mainstream since you were in diapers. At this point I don't really give a rats ass about it VR gaming. It may come to mainstream before I'm back in diapers, if so I'll give it a try, if not I'll just sit in my wet diaper playing Assassin's Creed XXIV Future Assassin Brotherhood Pirates of the Milkyway.
    Well, now we've got the Oculus Rift. But yeah, it will take a really long time until VR-gaming becomes mainstream.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post

I didnt say mainstream but read the article on the Ovulus Rift in Game informer. curious, waiting ever since I was in diapers? waiting 22 years? depressing

PSN ID
    B-SCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    While I'm sure they've considered making the camera mandatory, the software isn't any proof of that. Production probably hasn't even started, so they've surely not installed the software yet. It's just an incentive to buy the camera.
    It's already been confirmed that the software to demo the camera is installed on every ps4. Just search for the story, it was confirmed a few days ago. My opinion is that if a demo showing the features of the camera is being included on every system then the camera was probably being included as well at some point.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome

Great point!

Sent from Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk 4 beta.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Worrywart View Post
    It's already been confirmed that the software to demo the camera is installed on every ps4. Just search for the story, it was confirmed a few days ago. My opinion is that if a demo showing the features of the camera is being included on every system then the camera was probably being included as well at some point.
    I know the software will be installed eventually, but I doubt it's installed already, as I don't think production has already started.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    I know the software will be installed eventually, but I doubt it's installed already, as I don't think production has already started.
    you don't think production has already started? with launch day (hopefully) 5 months away and a shitload of orders to fill? WTF ARE THEY WAITING ON 😖

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    you don't think production has already started? with launch day (hopefully) 5 months away and a shitload of orders to fill? WTF ARE THEY WAITING ON ��
    I don't know, it seems a bit too soon to me. Then again, I'm not an expert.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    I don't know, it seems a bit too soon to me. Then again, I'm not an expert.
    My educated guess is that they're still stockpilling components, but have started their initial assembly line to work out any kinks in the assembly line. It's at a moderate pace and they will find areas to improve efficiency as they ramp up for full production. Once the get the kinks worked out, they start full production across their assembly lines (there will be many lines to produce those quantities in that short time that's needed.)

I would expect full production to start around 4 mo prior to launch date in order to have sufficient quantities for launch. This may be now, it may have been last week, it may be two weeks from now, we really don't know w/o a spy in Foxconn for us. But it doesn't really matter.

Many of these early production units will be turned into In Store Demo equipment. When you start seeing these show up at your local Gamestop, you'll know they're in full production.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    [QUOTE=TAZ427;6139923]My educated guess is that they're still stockpilling components, but have started their initial assembly line to work out any kinks in the assembly line. It's at a moderate pace and they will find areas to improve efficiency as they ramp up for full production. Once the get the kinks worked out, they start full production across their assembly lines (there will be many lines to produce those quantities in that short time that's needed.)

I would expect full production to start around 4 mo prior to launch date in order to have sufficient quantities for launch. This may be now, it may have been last week, it may be two weeks from now, we really don't know w/o a spy in Foxconn for us. But it doesn't really matter
    Many of these early production units will be turned into In Store Demo equipment. When you start seeing these show up at your local Gamestop, you'll know they're in full production.[/QUOTE}] I can always count on Taz to clear shit up . That does make sense, them testing out the assembly line so there will be no kinks and minimal slowdowns when they go into full production. I didn't think about your point about equipment either. Of course they would need to stockpile enough equipment to be able to meet production expectations duh fml. So watch for the demo equipment, gotcha. When do you think the demo equipment will be in the stores? A month into full production?

Thread Information