Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyAttack View Post
    I don't think that's the case.

They're definitely talking about XB1 vs PS4.
    The site they are quoting from doesn't state any of that.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1987185..._producer.html

Here's the full paragraph

He also spoke about some of the advantages next-gen power affords Watch Dogs.
    "There are quite a few, obviously there are the graphics but you don’t need me to tell you, but there’s also everything related to the dynamism of the city," continued Guay. "For example, we’re able to simulate the water in full 3D, if you go on a boat the waves that form will affect other boats. We’re also able to spend more time giving brains to the other people on the streets so that they can basically be smarter, andthere can be more of them. It’s what I call dynamism; basically, the way the city reacts to you, we are able to push further on the Xbox One."
    Last edited by Bitbydeath; 07-06-2013 at 06:23.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    When you include everything from the original website it states- "Some of the advantages of nextgen consoles are more dynamic crowds which Xbone is able to push further (implying over non-nextgen)
    That isnt what I'm seeing here. But if it is actually what youre saying then they really botched up this interview. lol

PSN ID
    KrazyAttack
    It says they're able to push further on the Xbox One in the nowgamer link.

Master Sage
    It says they're able to push further on the Xbox One in the nowgamer link.
    Read the bits I bolded above.

Had to go and research up on this one. That site only pasted a PIECE of what was actually said. Obviously trying to stir some controversy for views and link-backs.

The reason he made that state is because he's not comparing PS4 and Xbox One. AND that isn't the whole interview.

IN CONTEXT, the interview was a comparison of the Current Gen versions versus the Next Gen versions and he took the opportunity to say good things about each one. This snippet doesn't even show all the things he said about the PS4. In which he ALSO went back and talked about "Dynamism" on the PS4 as well and he mentioned special techniques with the Touch Pad. He was comparing the PS3/X360 versions to the PS4/X1 versions in these quotes. And he separately praised each of the next-gen consoles.

SMH. The way they're hyping this is to make it seem like he's saying the X1 will have more than the PS4, which isn't what he said at all. In actuality he said you wouldn't really notice a difference between the X1 and PS4 versions.

6. Likes Leviticus, VayMasters86 likes this post
    PSN ID
    KrazyAttack
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Read the bits I bolded above.
    Looks to me like he's talking about the power of the next gen consoles then says they are able to push further on the Xbox One.

He's talking about the better graphics on the next gen, and the dynamism on next gens, then goes back to the next gen dynamism comment and says they can go further on the Xbox One.

PSN ID
    KrazyAttack
    Quote Originally Posted by siulimtao108 View Post
    Had to go and research up on this one. That site only pasted a PIECE of what was actually said. Obviously trying to stir some controversy for views and link-backs.

The reason he made that state is because he's not comparing PS4 and Xbox One. AND that isn't the whole interview.

IN CONTEXT, the interview was a comparison of the Current Gen versions versus the Next Gen versions and he took the opportunity to say good things about each one. This snippet doesn't even show all the things he said about the PS4. In which he ALSO went back and talked about "Dynamism" on the PS4 as well and he mentioned special techniques with the Touch Pad. He was comparing the PS3/X360 versions to the PS4/X1 versions in these quotes. And he separately praised each of the next-gen consoles.

SMH. The way they're hyping this is to make it seem like he's saying the X1 will have more than the PS4, which isn't what he said at all. In actuality he said you wouldn't really notice a difference between the X1 and PS4 versions.
    Well that's good to hear, but do you have a link to back that all up?

This article was posted on a gaming board I post on with a bunch of Xbox fanboys so I'm taking my time to reply to it.

He also spoke about it on a separate occasion:

“We believe that our efforts to push dynamism in an open world, that our efforts to connect all players together in new ways are fundamentally geared toward fostering game experience innovation. Of course it also refers to our commitment to developing the game with a mind-set on fully supporting ‘next gen hardware’.

“This is true of the PS4 or other next-gen platforms using modern technology, as well as a certain range of PC hardware which offers similar capabilities. But ultimately, our engine DISRUPT has been designed to scale to different platforms. So as it supports also current gen platforms, you can expect the same game experience we want to offer with Watch_Dogs, whatever platform you will be playing on.”

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/ubisoft-explai...8VBjbT5OwTF.99

Well that's good to hear, but do you have a link to back that all up?

This article was posted on a gaming board I post on with a bunch of Xbox fanboys so I'm taking my time to reply to it.
    I'd have to go search on NeoGaf again.

But It's even right there on the same page you're looking at, they Xbox guys are just reading it how they want to read it.

But, the context of the statement is right there on that page:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1987185..._producer.html

"Watch Dogs man talks about how the power of next-gen will impact on development."

"He also spoke about some of the advantages next-gen power affords Watch Dogs."

Even there you can see he's comparing how XBox One fairs against Current Gen. In the other article I posted above, he says the PS4 and X1 will be scaled pretty much exactly the same. And he goes on to say, but the PS4 they're programming specifically for the Touchpad too.

PSN ID
    KrazyAttack
    “The Xbox One is a powerful platform, as of now we do not foresee a major difference in on screen result between the PS4 and the Xbox One. Obviously since we are still working on pushing the game on these new consoles, we are still doing R&D.
    “This said, the platforms have some specificities that we are leveraging."
    That's from that gamingbolt article, maybe they were able to push it more using the cloud during R&D and are now saying what was in the article in OP?

Elite Guru
    I think we should put this down to bad reporting, the entire message is mixed up and doesn't help one bit.

13. Likes mynd likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I'll wait for clarification. This would a really silly move, unless for some reason it's in regards to cloud computing... but we'll see.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

PSN ID
    KrazyAttack
    I just wish there was a link to the full interview siulimtao108 talked about.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Ahhhh. Okay. This statement was taken out of context. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Ahhhh. Okay. This statement was taken out of context. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
    Awwww shucks, and I was all ready with some cloud pics and memes

Cloud Power Header Graphic.jpg
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    very interesting, The PS4 hardware is 50% more powerful than the Xbox. It's a fact at this point.

It may be gamesmanship from Microsoft putting that Marketing money to good use.

Or could be Teh inFinaT3 POWER of tEH ClOud!!!!!!

Or it could be the misquote of the century.

Or he could be talking in context of last gen, ie Nowgamer asked how does the Xbox one version compare to the 360 version? due to the cross gen nature of the game, but nowgamer skillfully omitted that part.

Or it could be Nowgamer inventing things to drive traffic.

When analysing the quote. "we are able to push further on the Xbox One." Is completely out of the blue. And doesn't really mesh with the rest of the interview. Nowgamer have some 'splainin' to do.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 07-06-2013 at 10:09.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    How about this interview from the same site?

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1963647...fferences.html

Our intrepid team at E3 have been chatting to Dominic Guay, senior producer on the upcoming Watch Dogs.

"There are obviously quite a few differences," says Guay when asked about the changes between the current and next-gen versions of Watch Dogs.

"There's graphics, of course, but there's also the dynamism of the city. For example, the water is far more realistic on next gen, the way it flows and parts when you drive a boat through it. We also gave better brains to NPCs, they are smarter in what they do and how they react to the player. Plus, there is a lot more of them on the street at once.

The hardware is still new and it's obvious to us that it is going to take a while to get to the full power and harness everything. What is clear is that both systems, PS4 and Xbox One, have comparable power which is good for us as developers."

Dedicated Member
    Why would a developer reveal such things, only to piss off the consumer? I can't recall it happening recently at all....

Oh....hang on
    PSN = prison_inmate

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    This is in companion to the 360/current gen version.

NO $#@! the next gen version is going to be better.

Stupid sensationalist headline

Via Tapatalk

22. Likes Admartian likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    ....Dat Cloud

A lot of salty ps fans I see lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Lol, you clearly tell he means the difference between this gen and next gen. Its practically the point of the article.

jeese you guys git me worried. And you guys jump too soon, calm down and read. Cloud will not be around launch.especially launch title. They would have mentioned it.

Flaw3d Genius
    Interesting, Got this pre ordered on PS4...might be a bit to early yet to swap it.

Dedicated Member
    Maybe after all the dust settles down , the xbox one turns out a slightly more powerful console with the cloud computing abilities? Right now, the tech specs on paper seem to favor the ps4, but who knows in the end what happens with the multiplatform games? Regardless, i think the difference in the versions would be so little that it wouldn't really matter in the end.
    More 'dynamism' of the city as he talks about, i do think that cloud computing could aid xbox one in such an area. But the core graphics/textures should look almost same in both the versions.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Did none of you read my post Y_Y

Via Tapatalk

Dedicated Member
    Even if he was talking in the context of the next gen platforms, i dont see the big deal with that. A little more dynamic city in the x1 version, not totally out of the equation if they take advantage of cloud computing on the x1. But the core graphics should be more or less the same. Some of you are overreacting with the 'i got scared' type comments.

Thread Information