Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 157

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Newbie
    KrazyAttack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PSN ID
    KrazyAttack
    Age
    25
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    283 (0 Banked)

    Watch Dogs to have more dynamic city on XB1

    Hmm, I don't know what to make of this. Disappointed.

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Watch...e-365299.shtml

    While the game shines on next-gen consoles, apparently it will shine more brightly on the Xbox One, as producer Dominic Guay told NowGamer that the game's version of Chicago will be much more dynamic on Microsoft's next-gen device.

    "Were also able to spend more time giving brains to the other people on the streets so that they can basically be smarter, and there can be more of them," Guay said about the game's improvements on PS4 and Xbox One.

    "Its what I call dynamism; basically, the way the city reacts to you, we are able to push further on the Xbox One."

  2. #2
    Dedicated Member
    DarkNemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Parkville, Maryland
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    5,889 (0 Banked)
    Wasnt interested in this over hyped game, but this news would make me not buy it or buy it used. There is no excuse for this to happen.

  3. #3
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    2,382 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    really? and why is that? is microsoft paying to sabatoge games again? i say again because i heard those rumors last gen. guess if they aren't equal i won't be buying it at all.



  4. #4
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    really? and why is that? is microsoft paying to sabatoge games again? i say again because i heard those rumors last gen. guess if they aren't equal i won't be buying it at all.
    Agreed. Thats ok though, lots of way better games coming out in just the first year. I just saved 60 bucks. lol

  5. #5
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    2,382 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Agreed. Thats ok though, lots of way better games coming out in just the first year. I just saved 60 bucks. lol
    right. i hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but now that the ps4 is easier to develop for then the ps3 and is a bit more powerful there is no excuse for this.



  6. #6
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    right. i hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but now that the ps4 is easier to develop for then the ps3 and is a bit more powerful there is no excuse for this.
    Oh yeah I agree with you 100 percent. No excuse for this at all. I'm not a conspiracy theorist either but something is definitely wrong with this picture.

  7. #7
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    2,382 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    double post
    Last edited by JDizzleNO1; 07-06-2013 at 05:45. Reason: i really have no fucking clue :)



  8. #8
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    2,382 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    i know one game im getting with my ps4, and thats killzone. i should have the money for another so i'll have to decide. maybe diablo 3



  9. #9
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    i know one game im getting with my ps4, and thats killzone. i should have the money for another so i'll have to decide. maybe diablo 3
    Yep. For me its Killzone and Drive Club on day one.

  10. #10
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    2,382 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep. For me its Killzone and Drive Club on day one.
    yeah i'll download the free drive club, im losing my interest with racers like im losing my interest with fighters. they just don't appeal to me much anymore and i have no idea why!



  11. #11
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    yeah i'll download the free drive club, im losing my interest with racers like im losing my interest with fighters. they just don't appeal to me much anymore and i have no idea why!
    Yeah I love racing games and DC looks like a good one so I have to get it.

  12. #12
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    2,382 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah I love racing games and DC looks like a good one so I have to get it.
    right on!



  13. #13
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The state of Natural
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    3,020 (0 Banked)
    There has to be something off about this. I mean with the bad publicity MS is getting, it makes no sense to come out and say something like this. If you're the one that made this game, you want people to feel like they get the best maybe the quote was taken out of context? Seriously, how can Capcom say that a game like dead rising 3 is only capable on xbox one? Then this, smarter AI in a game to make things more dynamic? The ps4 is no chump of a console so I think this has to be a misrepresentation of context. If it is true then it has to be something to do with being connected online or something of the cloud as others have mentioned. At the xbone reveal it looked like the machine or whatever machine they were using looked like it struggled to load and play the battle field demo. This doesn't seem correct. If anything all the buplishers and creators should be jumping on the sony train because everything is going good for them and MS is in the worst spot right now with total change up of like,..everything.

  14. #14
    Apprentice
    Bodie_CI5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Age
    39
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    262 (0 Banked)
    Items ApplePS3 Slim
    What would this mean for The Division, then????????????????????????????????

    I'm most likely going to EB on Tuesday after work and probably change my pre-order to Diablo3 or KZ, not sure yet. The above news is in its ENTIRETY, absolutely disappointing.

  15. #15
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,135
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    110,787 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I would like to read the full interview. With that said this article as it was posted is rather confusing. Both platforms will support cloud.







  16. #16
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I would like to read the full interview. With that said this article as it was posted is rather confusing. Both platforms will support cloud.
    Dont know much about this cloud carry on...But is it possible that Azure is better/different to Sony's cloud?

  17. #17
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,867
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,031 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Dont know much about this cloud carry on...But is it possible that Azure is better/different to Sony's cloud?
    has to be right now. Sony's cloud service won't be available till some time next year. All we know right now is that it will be used as just a streaming service. No devs are really talking about the advantages it offers for game development.

  18. #18
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    has to be right now. Sony's cloud service won't be available till some time next year. All we know right now is that it will be used as just a streaming service. No devs are really talking about the advantages it offers for game development.
    That's what it seems like but we keep hearing on here that games for PS4 will still be using the Sony cloud? Maybe devs are renting Azure for PS4 games also?

  19. #19
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,527
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,618 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Dont know much about this cloud carry on...But is it possible that Azure is better/different to Sony's cloud?
    Yes, as it already exists.

  20. #20
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,054
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    100,694 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by siulimtao108 View Post
    Which wouldn't work for me anyway because I plan to play totally offline... I don't like the whole idea of, "somebody can invade your single player game and start hacking you, and you have to chase them and kill them before they finish" feature. I just want to enjoy the story of Aiden Pierce and don't want anybody else in my game.

    Not that it makes sense.. with all of the extra processing and background calculating PS4 is able to do right on the hardware (read: much lower latency, much faster), they should be able to replicate that intelligence without "the cloud."
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Yep. Which is why I'm reserved about the Division as well.

    Can't gamers just play single-player like a true single player anymore? $#@!ing hell.
    You guys do realise there will be an option to simply turn off that feature.


    Whatever differences there are between the two - both ways will be minimal. I'm still really looking forward to this game, and nothing has changed.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  21. #21
    Newbie
    siulimtao108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    831 (0 Banked)
    My best guess would be that those advantages are referring to the cloud computing. We saw this with Titan Fall. Microsoft is providing them with a bunch of tools super optimized tools for the cloud server computing. That is how they plan to make up for the fact that the PS4 version will possibly be able to look better and is getting extra content and possibly releases earlier on PS.

    But, of course, that extra AI that makes other people "smarter" will only work for you if you are online whenever you play. Which wouldn't work for me anyway because I plan to play totally offline... I don't like the whole idea of, "somebody can invade your single player game and start hacking you, and you have to chase them and kill them before they finish" feature. I just want to enjoy the story of Aiden Pierce and don't want anybody else in my game.

    Not that it makes sense.. with all of the extra processing and background calculating PS4 is able to do right on the hardware (read: much lower latency, much faster), they should be able to replicate that intelligence without "the cloud."
    Last edited by siulimtao108; 07-06-2013 at 06:01. Reason: typos

  22. #22
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,023
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    40,454 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by siulimtao108 View Post
    My best guess would be that those advantages are referring to the cloud computing. We saw this with Titan Fall. Microsoft is providing them with a bunch of tools super optimized tools for the cloud server computing. That is how they plan to make up for the fact that the PS4 version will possibly be able to look better and is getting extra content and possibly releases earlier on PS.

    But, of course, that extra AI that makes other people "smarter" will only work for you if you are online whenever you play. Which wouldn't work for me anyway because I plan to play totally offline... I don't like the whole idea of, "somebody can invade your single player game and start hacking you, and you have to chase them and kill them before they finish" feature. I just want to enjoy the story of Aiden Pierce and don't want anybody else in my game.

    Not that it makes sense.. with all of the extra processing and background calculating PS4 is able to do right on the hardware (read: much lower latency, much faster), they should be able to replicate that intelligence without "the cloud."
    Yep. Which is why I'm reserved about the Division as well.

    Can't gamers just play single-player like a true single player anymore? $#@!ing hell.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  23. #23
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Yep. Which is why I'm reserved about the Division as well.

    Can't gamers just play single-player like a true single player anymore? $#@!ing hell.
    No like the rest of the world gamers are also moving on. Evolve or die!

  24. #24
    Member
    PSgamer28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    PSN ID
    breakend28
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    1,984 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Yep. Which is why I'm reserved about the Division as well.

    Can't gamers just play single-player like a true single player anymore? $#@!ing hell.
    Agreed!

  25. #25
    Apprentice
    Bodie_CI5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Age
    39
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    262 (0 Banked)
    Items ApplePS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Yep. Which is why I'm reserved about the Division as well.

    Can't gamers just play single-player like a true single player anymore? $#@!ing hell.
    If games are marketed as an MMO (such WoW, Rift, Guild Wars etc), I see no real problem. I see it as catering to a different crowd; raids, such as in WoW where raids used to be 40, then they morphed in to the 10 and 25 man raids. Some have decried this move, others have agreed wholeheartedly with the move. So there's a further breakdown of what style MMO people like and don't like, and of what style of game (ie single or multi) people like or don't like.

    However, if we saw other players being able to drop in on your Last Of Us campaign, I probably wouldn't have liked that game as much. In Watchdogs, I knew about others being able to drop in on your game and was OK with it.

    Somebody else in this thread states some of us aren't happy that the PS4 might have less smart AI and that we are therefore crying over it. Personally, I see no reason why the PS4 should be put at a disadvantage if it is a straight issue of coding. Some over at the Spoilers thread on TLOU, have complained about some poor instances of poor AI. So, for some it is an issue (not for me, in that game). The link between the 'cloud' and AI in Watch Dogs has not yet been fully explained, and I think that this is why some of us are complaining.

    Note: I'm not slamming anyone either in general or in particular; we all have different opinions on what (and in this case, "how") constitutes a good game.

    -edit-

    Oops! I forgot to add on the end of my first paragraph the following:

    Likewise, I wouldn't have liked it if Skyrim was open to multiplayer elements. Both games are fantasy. One is geared for single player, the other is MMO. Both are suited in the respective player base. For example, raiding the Lich King, would not have been quite as epic if it was done solo.
    Last edited by Bodie_CI5; 07-07-2013 at 03:04.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.