Latest PSU headlines:

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Thumbs up Why Grand Theft Auto V is the biggest threat to PS4 and Xbox One

UK retailers have warned that consumers may hold-off buying PS4 or Xbox One in order to play GTA V.The strong current-gen line-up this year will mean the next-gen transition will be slower than before, experts say. Especially as Xbox One and PS4 are not backwards compatible.

And games bosses have told MCV they feel there’s a lack of exclusive PS4 and Xbox One content, with many of the big next-gen games also coming to PS3 and Xbox 360.
    “The core gamers will be out in force at launch,” said one high ranking retail boss. “But after that it’s going to be hard convincing consumers to spend £350 to £430 on a new console as many of the best games will be available on machines they already own. That’s made even more complicated when you consider that games like GTA V, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Gran Turismo 6 are only available on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3.”

Games that are releasing across generations this Christmas include Watch Dogs, Assassin’s Creed IV, Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4, and that trend will continue next year with Titanfall, Thief, Destiny, Metal Gear Solid V and The Evil Within. In fact, EA exec Patrick Söderlund said last month he expects cross-gen games to continue for up to two years.

“I think there will be a ‘wait and see how much this affects me’ attitude to the next-gen from gamers,”said Dixons PC games buyer Simon Urquhart.
    “If they aren’t seeing an immediate difference in the server populations and gameplay features, then it’ll be tough to justify the expense. Killer apps like Halo and God of War are always tipping points for owners of legacy consoles and until dates on those are released, gamers will be patient – especially if they have a PC and an Xbox 360.
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/why-g...ox-one/0118224

This might actually turn out to be true
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I'm actually considering skipping GTA V because of next gen so this is bull$#@! to me.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Superior Member
    I'm definitely holding off. There just aren't enough games that interest me right now to make me want to move on. Besides, they probably forgot one of the biggest games coming out, at least IMO, Diablo 3. I'm not a PC gamer so I'm looking forward to it. I know it's coming to the One and PS4, but it should be a big enough draw to keep many gamers in this gen of consoles.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I'll tell you this:

The Last Of Us
    GTA V
    GT6
    Beyond: Two Souls

Will indeed be impressive. Anyone picking up a PS3 right now ($199au on sale + game) is in for a treat, but these people are not the same that will spend $549au on a PS4.

The hardcore will most likely set aside monies for all those games plus a PS4. Like me

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    I plan on getting GTA5 and wearing that down till the next gen starts. I'll be on break from school too

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Currently, Im planning to support both. I got PS3 games preordered till March of next year (Dark Souls 2, and Final Fantasy 13-3).

Though, I considering "cross gen" games as "next gen" games.. but im also assuming the next gen version has been upgraded at all.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Superior Member
    I'm hoping to stretch this gen out until the first price drop on the new consoles.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

I plan on getting GTA5 and wearing that down till the next gen starts too

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    No thanks i will wait for the game of the year edition on PS4.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    clear_as_night
    Items User name style
    Totally agree with this article. I mean GTA looks better than anything we've seen for PS4 and XBone (I don't mean graphically).

If GTA5 is as good as it looks then I expect records to be broken left, right and centre... Most expensive game? Most copies sold? Highest rated? Most money made from a video game?

If I was at microsoft, I would be throwing money at Rockstar to port this to the xBone. I can't think of a better system seller, even if it is 18 Rated.

PSN ID: clear_as_night
    "XBOX IS ABOUT TO BECOME THE NEXT WATER COOLER" ~ NANCY TELLEM, ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL MEDIA PRESIDENT OF MICROSOFT

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I'm actually considering skipping GTA V because of next gen so this is bull$#@! to me.
    Same here! But I am still holding out for a surprise announcement that it will be coming to next gen systems in November...

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Elite Guru
    Well considering I can't afford a next gen console anytime soon since we are moving across country in a few months I will get this as soon as I can...

I'll wait, but I will get one so they've nothing to worry about.

Thread Information