Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

[REBOOTED!] Win PSN credit in PSU's Social Media Graphics Overhaul Contest

Hello Design Squad and co.

First off, my apologies. As was kindly pointed out to me, I didn't make this very clear so lets start again with a reboot!

PS4 is coming! As PSU moves into the next generation of PlayStation news, things are changing site wide. In the spirit of change and a new generation, PSU wants to spruce up its image....or images to be more exact.

We would love to have new banners for Facebook, Twitter, the newsletter and a few images to help pimp PSU's rebooted podcast "PlayStation Unchained".

Ideally, consistency would be awesome. Spyrde's work in the community writing section is a great example of that constiency. The images have the same background, same font, but different characters etc.

Previously I requested that a whole set of images be made. This was a little poorly thought out, but to be honest I was just so excited at the idea of one of our graphic masters giving PSU social media a new face that I neglected to think about it realistically lol. So sorry about that.

As per the_jim's wise councel, I would kindly ask you lovely people to try your artistic hands at a new Facebook banner and avatar.

Feel free to include hardware, services like PS+ and Gaikai...and of course any number of Sony's characters as well as 3rd party icons (but keep in mind we are PSU and the PlayStation presense should be strong!)

Submissions can be made up until the 22nd of July and can be tweaked and changed infinitely up until this time. The content team will then decide on a winner, and then the remaining images could be made by that person as they have time. The winner will also get a PSN credit of €30 (USD for our American artists or pounds if you're in UK).

After the FB images there are 3 avatars and 4 banners remaining...again, I don't expect a unique masterpiece for each! I know you all have jobs, studies, gaming and SOTW's to do! Just switch things up but try and make it a setof sorts...These images will help showcase PSU's corporate identity.

I am more than happy to keep revising this until it makes sense!! You guys are so talented and awesome and I will do whatever to make this appealing to you champs because I would love have one of you showcase your skills for the site.

Ok...let's try that! Thanks for your time and I look forward/hope for a few submissions.
    Last edited by Ghost; 07-09-2013 at 15:59.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Is there something I can do to make this more appealing to you guys? I was super excited at the idea of your talents creating a new look for PSU but it seems this isn't really popular.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    clear_as_night
    Items User name style
    There is a lot of work here, with a goal that is not particularly clear. You request a set of 10 images from each person? I would suggest you narrow it down to one banner for example and ask people to submit their entries. And then based on the style and presentation of the winning entry, the others could be made?

I understand achieving consitency might be quite tricky if various people are working on this especially with different software and abilities.

Also, you've called it a tournament but haven't really explained how?

I hope this is useful to you

PSN ID: clear_as_night
    "XBOX IS ABOUT TO BECOME THE NEXT WATER COOLER" ~ NANCY TELLEM, ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL MEDIA PRESIDENT OF MICROSOFT

5. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jim View Post
    There is a lot of work here, with a goal that is not particularly clear. You request a set of 10 images from each person? I would suggest you narrow it down to one banner for example and ask people to submit their entries. And then based on the style and presentation of the winning entry, the others could be made?

I understand achieving consitency might be quite tricky if various people are working on this especially with different software and abilities.

Also, you've called it a tournament but haven't really explained how?

I hope this is useful to you
    It's very useful, thanks! I'll amend the OP to make this clearer, thanks for the input.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    clear_as_night
    Items User name style
    I'll kick this off then shall I?

I wasn't really sure about the choice of characters... I went for the games I like to play so there could probably be a broader selection.

PSN ID: clear_as_night
    "XBOX IS ABOUT TO BECOME THE NEXT WATER COOLER" ~ NANCY TELLEM, ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL MEDIA PRESIDENT OF MICROSOFT

8. Likes StevenW likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    DAMN!! Man, that is damn fine work! Thanks for your time and efforts! #happychappy

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I wonder if there is anyone who may have found motivation in giving PSU a new look!

The Godless Heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I wonder if there is anyone who may have found motivation in giving PSU a new look!

gonna have a go. expect something by end of week.

sorry don't have that much time.
    Last edited by MentallyCritical; 07-25-2013 at 09:59.

Thread Information