Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    mark rein is a microsoft fanboy.
    And yet he's been praising the PS4 quite a lot lately.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    And yet he's been praising the PS4 quite a lot lately.
    Has to make you wonder if he isn't under the constraits of a contract anymore.

Sent from Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk 4 beta.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkoStylo View Post
    How legit is this dude? Has he leaked anything that's come true before?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    I don't like the guy myself... Well his hip hop gamer persona at least, but like him or not, he is surprisingly knowledgeable at times and appears to have some fairly reliable sources.
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-13-2013 at 10:26.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    Thats all fine and dandy and doesnt tell us $#@!. a whole $#@!load of maybes and possibly's. Who knows, MAYBE the titanic will arrive. MAYBE ill buy a microsoft product intentionally. Maybe. I dont give a $#@! about MAYBE. I have as much faith in that word as anyone with a brain would get legal advice from a firm called Dewie, Fuh Q, and Howe.
    you're so hostile dude lol. but I do agree, don't really give a $#@! about maybes and speculation. they're good things to consider but not trying to predict what's gonna happen. need the facts

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    I remember when Epic became Microsoft Zombies. It was around the time the 1st map pack for Gears 1 was suppose to release. Epic apologized about the constant delays, stating that it was suppose to release months back, but Microsoft was giving them problems with them wanting to give it to gamers for free like they've always done with their past games like Unreal. They mentioned how upset and annoyed they were about the whole situation, and that they were having an important meeting coming up with Microsoft to discuss it and ever since that meeting, they were never the same. I guess it boils down to "Money Talks".

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Hip Hop Gamer is legit.

And no, Cliffy B sucked.
    Hip Hop gamer isn't legit. He's a joke.

And no, Cliffy B is the person who created Gears of War. So he doesn't suck. I don't get where you're trying to go with this?

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post

And no, Cliffy B is the person who created Gears of War. So he doesn't suck. I don't get where you're trying to go with this?
    I absolutely agree hes was overcrowding new articles on n4g. Glad i see none of HipHop Gamer $#@! there.
    Playing - Legend of Heroes:Trails Of The Sky (Steam)
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post

Hip Hop Gamer is legit. He has a lot of insider knowledge and connections.

No. Cliffy B is a pompous douchebag with delusions of grandeur. And since when does one person create Triple A game? He wasn't some new guy at epic that suddenly made them produce a hit as though they were floundering before him. He's been there since he was a teen, and was no more involved than anyone else. Gears of War ain't $#@! anyway.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 07-15-2013 at 18:14.

Flaw3d Genius
    I thought this place hated it when Sony & MS spalsh the cash for exclusivity? Or does it only work one way?

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    I generally don't like them buying out 3rd party exclusives, because you have to keep money-hatting them to keep it exclusive if its already part of a series.

Publishing new IPs that third parties made is different though, as that means they keep the IP and it essentially becomes a first party affair. Demon's Souls for instance, was a great new IP capture by Sony, and now its theirs for good.

Master Poster

I generally don't like them buying out 3rd party exclusives, because you have to keep money-hatting them to keep it exclusive if its already part of a series.

Publishing new IPs that third parties made is different though, as that means they keep the IP and it essentially becomes a first party affair. Demon's Souls for instance, was a great new IP capture by Sony, and now its theirs for good.
    Isn't that called second party, or is that something completely different?

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Doesn't really seem to be a set definition for 2nd party from my understanding.

Insomniac was often called that, but I believe they could make a game for anything they wanted at anytime since they were technically independent and never part of Sony. They just had a strong relationship with Sony. They don't own Ratchet and Clank though, Sony does. So Insomniac is not required to make a new Ratchet game if they were to not be up for doing more in the future.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Hip Hop Gamer is legit. He has a lot of insider knowledge and connections.
    Insider knowledge and connections my ass. He speculates and interviews famous people at E3. I can do that.

Did I mention that he calls himself "Hip Hop Gamer"?

No. Cliffy B is a pompous douchebag with delusions of grandeur.
    In what way? I think he seems down to earth and humble.

And since when does one person create Triple A game?
    Since one person is the designer and creator of a game series.

He wasn't some new guy at epic that suddenly made them produce a hit as though they were floundering before him. He's been there since he was a teen, and was no more involved than anyone else. Gears of War ain't $#@! anyway.
    Ain't $#@!, as in it's nothing, or ain't $#@!, as in it's not bad? Because I agree with the latter. Gears of War is a good game series, it's just a tiny bit overrated.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    While not taking sides, I though I'd just mention that a quick google search tells that this CliffyB character is a colorful and outspoken person. That said, who says he hasn't changed, or that he wasn't actually encouraged to maintain whatever image he had to the gaming media.

On HHP, I've seen a couple of he's interviews, and it seems many developers find him a breath of fresh air. Now, while he may not have insider knowledges per se, that doensn't mean he's not a bad journalist. He's maybe even more lightly to be used by developers as a means to drip-feeding/leaking information.
    Last edited by K2D; 07-17-2013 at 00:44.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    While not taking sides, I though I'd just mention that a quick google search tells that this CliffyB character is a colorful and outspoken person. That said, who says he hasn't changed, or that he wasn't actually encouraged to maintain whatever image he had to the gaming media.

On HHP, I've seen a couple of he's interviews, and it seems many developers find him a breath of fresh air. Now, while he might not have insider knowledges per se, doensn't mean his not a bad journalist. He's maybe even more lightly to be used by developers as a means to drip-feeding/leaking information.
    that's the way I see it. he can be seen as a bit controversial which is why I
    think some people dismiss his opinions. but what do I know

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Unreal Tournament IV. III was timed exclusive to PS3 (and PC obviously).

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Thread Information