Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87
  1. #1
    Newbie
    O.J. Mayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    2,081 (0 Banked)

    Who feels comfortable waiting 6 months to a year to get a PS4?

    Im impressed by the console, not so much about the exclusives shown at E3.
    I dont feel the need to rush out and get one around when it releases. Feel totally comfortable waiting for better games to show up+price drops for some launch games after 6 months maybe even a whole year.

    I mean whats the rush to play Killzone:shadowfall or Driveclub? The order 1886 is coming out god knows when and Infamous:second son is coming out in 2014.
    I dont care about multiplatform titles only exclusives so whats the point in getting a PS4 early?
    I might feel a bit jaded cause of my old age {28} but thats my 2 cents.

  2. #2
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Then dont buy one. Simple. lol No need to validate your opinion with us. Do what you feel is best.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    O.J. Mayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    2,081 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Then dont buy one. Simple. lol No need to validate your opinion with us. Do what you feel is best.
    I was just wondering are there people who feel the same way.

  4. #4
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by O.J. Mayo View Post
    I was just wondering are there people who feel the same way.
    I'm sure there are. And theres nothing wrong with that. It just seems odd to make a thread in the PS4 section just to say that youre not buying a PS4. lol Just my humble opinion. Anyway, I'm getting PS4 on day one because the launch lineup looks pretty solid imo.

  5. #5
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by O.J. Mayo View Post
    Im impressed by the console, not so much about the exclusives shown at E3.
    I dont feel the need to rush out and get one around when it releases. Feel totally comfortable waiting for better games to show up+price drops for some launch games after 6 months maybe even a whole year.

    I mean whats the rush to play Killzone:shadowfall or Driveclub? The order 1886 is coming out god knows when and Infamous:second son is coming out in 2014.
    I dont care about multiplatform titles only exclusives so whats the point in getting a PS4 early?
    I might feel a bit jaded cause of my old age {28} but thats my 2 cents.
    No rush to play the games you mentioned but c'mon Battlefield 4, Fifa 14 and Watchdogs...Gonnae be amazing!

  6. #6
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,616
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    331 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I am happy to wait longer, until the price drops
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  7. Likes O.J. Mayo likes this post
  8. #7
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I am happy to wait longer, until the price drops
    Yeah plus some of the games will be cheaper too. I always have to jump on the new more powerful hardware right away. lol

  9. #8
    Newbie
    O.J. Mayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    2,081 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    No rush to play the games you mentioned but c'mon Battlefield 4, Fifa 14 and Watchdogs...Gonnae be amazing!
    Those are multiplatform and will be out on PC.
    IMO I dont feel there's an impressive exclusive thats coming out launch window. Like I said The order 1886 doesnt have a release date and Infamous is 2014.
    I dont care for Knack or Killzone or Drive Club enough.

  10. #9
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,780
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    58,512 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'll definitely be waiting. I don't see a need to own both right now. Not when I already have xbox360, PS3 and will be getting xb1 at launch. Next year or maybe 2015 will be better for me. If they stick to their word of getting Gaikai up in 2014 I will for sure get it.

  11. #10
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by O.J. Mayo View Post
    Those are multiplatform and will be out on PC. IMO I dont feel there's an impressive exclusive thats coming out launch window. Like I said The order 1886 doesnt have a release date and Infamous is 2014. I dont care for Knack or Killzone or Drive Club enough.
    If you dont like Killzone or Drive Club have you looked at the X1 lineup to see if theres something there thats more appealing to you?

  12. #11
    Superior Member
    Flumbooze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    1,781 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I can't wait.

  13. #12
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    I'll be getting mine on day 1 or during the 1st week at the latest. PS4 is like the holy grail of video game entertainment and I must own it ASAP!

  14. #13
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,616
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    331 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah plus some of the games will be cheaper too. I always have to jump on the new more powerful hardware right away. lol
    It makes sense to wait and seek out the best place to get it when the prices drop for consoles and games
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  15. #14
    Ultimate Veteran
    coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    long island ny
    Age
    38
    Posts
    20,885
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    28,694 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    well its now july and the PS4 wil launch in oct or nov so thats 4 months not six months. and this year is flying so 4 months will be here be for we know it, its just the hype thats killing us

  16. #15
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    well its now july and the PS4 wil launch in oct or nov so thats 4 months not six months. and this year is flying so 4 months will be here be for we know it, its just the hype thats killing us
    I think he meant 6 months from after the PS4 is released.

  17. #16
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by O.J. Mayo View Post
    Those are multiplatform and will be out on PC.
    IMO I dont feel there's an impressive exclusive thats coming out launch window. Like I said The order 1886 doesnt have a release date and Infamous is 2014.
    I dont care for Knack or Killzone or Drive Club enough.
    I thought Infamous was a launch title?

  18. #17
    Superior Member
    Flumbooze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    1,781 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    I thought Infamous was a launch title?
    Nope, launch window.

  19. #18
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,013
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,952 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah plus some of the games will be cheaper too. I always have to jump on the new more powerful hardware right away. lol
    Same here.

    And not everybody has a powerful (enough) PC. If it comes to it, buying one or the other, I choose consoles. Becuase PCs always usually have other issues outside of game-related ones.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  20. #19
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,406
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    14,677 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'll be picking mine up when Infamous:SS launches. I'll pick up Killzone:SF with it. I'll snatch up Knack when it's $30.

    Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

  21. #20
    Newbie
    Worrywart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia
    PSN ID
    B-SCAL
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    489 (0 Banked)
    First post! Just joined today. As a 40 year old gamer and someone whose been through all the tech talk and fanboy nonsense since the Commodore 64 I'd say that waiting a bit is always the best strategy with new console releases. There are always promises made and broken and things that are smoke and mirrors that only come to light when you actually have the console at home and really use it. Also the best place to ask such a question as to whether or not to buy PS product at launch might not be a PS site!

  22. #21
    Apprentice
    Devolving_Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    27
    Posts
    436
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    1,913 (0 Banked)
    I will get it day one, games to get day 1 i Killzone:SF, COD, Battlefild4, Watch Dog's.........not much money....
    Step Your Game Up!

  23. #22
    Superior Member
    Flumbooze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    1,781 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Worrywart View Post
    First post! Just joined today. As a 40 year old gamer and someone whose been through all the tech talk and fanboy nonsense since the Commodore 64 I'd say that waiting a bit is always the best strategy with new console releases. There are always promises made and broken and things that are smoke and mirrors that only come to light when you actually have the console at home and really use it. Also the best place to ask such a question as to whether or not to buy PS product at launch might not be a PS site!
    I think that most people that come to a PS-minded site have already decided.

  24. #23
    Newbie
    Worrywart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia
    PSN ID
    B-SCAL
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    489 (0 Banked)
    Exactly. That was a point I was making. Pretty sure most here aren't waiting 6 months to get a PS4. Although, it is pretty sound logic to take a wait and see approach.

  25. #24
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,320
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    30,796 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I was initially gonna wait till a slim version, then I cut my waiting period to 6 months (i.e next summer) but its going to be tough to resist buying this holiday.

  26. #25
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,280
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    67,461 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    The price of the console probably won't change in a year or less so I see no reason to wait.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.