Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    The PS3 got butchered in the US. Not likely that will happen this time around, but the media here will be saying one thing while the PS4 in your friends living room (speaking proverbially here) will be walking another. That's Sony's strategy, and yes, it means you guys will be waiting about a month or so to get yours. The payoff is that in the long run, you'll get more games because the US market won't be dominated by the $500 hype machine.
    War is fought for silence. For, it is with silence, you will know that war has ended.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    To the Kiwi's and Aussie's among us. There hasn't been any statement made that Sony won't be launching down under or in Hobbiton at the same time as the EU and US. They've indicated that they want to launch worldwide.

The only thing they've really stated is that the US and EU will be available at launch. They didn't limit this to the UK as was indicated by someone earlier in the thread.

The most interesting and only thing they've said about a region that may not get PS4 at launch is Japan. Their HOME country, which mind you is about 5x the population of NZ and AUS combined (let alone the fact that most EU countries are 3-4x the population of NZ and AUS combinded or that the US is > 10x the size of them combined.)

I know you really want it, I hope your area gets it at the same time as the Western Countries. But even if it doesn't I'd expect it to be there in 1Q14.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    That better be true. Because I don't like waiting either.

Sony needs to stop pandering over the NA crowd (not saying they give up, but stop trying to pointlessly waste resources to be king of 'Murica - not gonna happen against a 'Murican company such as MS).

They're already more or less on par with them - but I doubt they completely overtake them, especially not using these tactics at the expense of to other regions (which could sway towards MS should they continue to neglect them). Which would be counter-productive to what they're trying to achieve.

Better be - cause if not, I'm calling Sony NZ to say Uncle Lefein promised!!!
    well dude how can u not wait for something as extravagant as the ps4? seriously!!! SHOW SOME SELF RESTRAINT jk. with ur comments on 'MURICA, there's plenty of us that think of Sony as the superior company, including me. now if we can just get the rest of the, uhm, *insert fanboy or ridiculous name here* to get off microsofts lap we'll be ok lol

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    now that's a good road to take right there. don't sell Xbox sell something worse:apple
    Oh....don't tell me you are an Apple hater. And I thought I liked you.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post

honestly nah I'm not necessarily an apple hater I've owned 2 iPhones. I just don't like some of the things about it for example, only being able to sync for music on one computer instead of multiple syncs. which is why I'm contemplating going to Samsung.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post

What's wrong with an Apple hater

What's really funny is their 1984 Super Bowl Commercial and how they have become what they had basically stated they were against.

Actually, I don't give a rats ass what Phone/OS one prefers as long as there not up in my face trying to tell me how superior it is when they have no idea WTF they're talking about.

7. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Power Member
    Well I'm really hoping this doesn't mean we get shafted (again). I'm really looking froward to the PS4.
    Agreed, but at the same time PS3 has GTAV, Until Dawn and Beyond: Two Souls to come which i'm worried I won't get enough time for :-/

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    What's wrong with an Apple hater

What's really funny is their 1984 Super Bowl Commercial and how they have become what they had basically stated they were against.

Actually, I don't give a rats ass what Phone/OS one prefers as long as there not up in my face trying to tell me how superior it is when they have no idea WTF they're talking about.
    wow. I wasn't even born then dude lol. wtf happened.
    that's pretty much the same with anything right? like stfu lol

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    avecha
    To the Kiwi's and Aussie's among us. There hasn't been any statement made that Sony won't be launching down under or in Hobbiton at the same time as the EU and US. They've indicated that they want to launch worldwide.

The only thing they've really stated is that the US and EU will be available at launch. They didn't limit this to the UK as was indicated by someone earlier in the thread.

The most interesting and only thing they've said about a region that may not get PS4 at launch is Japan. Their HOME country, which mind you is about 5x the population of NZ and AUS combined (let alone the fact that most EU countries are 3-4x the population of NZ and AUS combinded or that the US is > 10x the size of them combined.)

I know you really want it, I hope your area gets it at the same time as the Western Countries. But even if it doesn't I'd expect it to be there in 1Q14.
    This is true and we do usually get lumped in with the EU crowd. PS store and everything.

Fingers and toes Kiwis.

(Are we really only known as Hobbiton?).

Wibbly Wobbly
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    This is true and we do usually get lumped in with the EU crowd. PS store and everything.

Fingers and toes Kiwis.

(Are we really only known as Hobbiton?).
    I live just north of Hobbiton. Walked past Frodo the other day and asked him about his arm (he'd just been playing poker with Kim Dotcom) - said it's fine.

The Flight of The Conchords are having a house party, the entire NZ Police is invited (all 23 of them).

#DoesNothingForNZStereotypes
    Be Together - Not the same.

12. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    avecha
    I live just north of Hobbiton. Walked past Frodo the other day and asked him about his arm (he'd just been playing poker with Kim Dotcom) - said it's fine.

The Flight of The Conchords are having a house party, the entire NZ Police is invited (all 23 of them).

#DoesNothingForNZStereotypes
    Hahahahaha. Poor New Zealand. We really are a joke sometimes.
    I'm in Blenheim.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    glad i pre-ordered mine thru amazon! with free one day shipping no less!!!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    smh. free 1 day shipping. u bastard lol. should've done that in retrospect but oh well, still got mine so I bees content

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Australia and New Zealand will be fine for launch as long as 300,000 to 400,000 units are shipped we'll be fine and all the pre-orders will be fulfilled (the first batch)

I remember when the Wii came out in Australia during the worldwide launch it sold out in Europe, Japan and America but Australia had plenty on the shelves for about 2 weeks before XMAS then sold out for about 2 weeks then the next batch came in then after about 6 months there was an abundance of Wii hardware.

I can see this happening with PS4 it will sell out everywhere but smaller markets will still get their allotment, Sony Australia already confirmed a 2013 release so it will be released from November right through December but more than likely it will release before Xbox One hits Australia no offense but Microsoft has a larger following in Australia they will go ballistic on Sony during the launch to make sure they have top exposure, so Sony has to get the console out before xbox one on Australia.

17. Likes avecha likes this post

PSN ID
    ckarlic
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    Do you mean Free 2 day shipping? I ordered the PS4 launch edition off of Amazon 10 mins after the E3 conference and if I wanted to get the PS4 on release day the only option was 2 day shipping. It was free for me since I am a prime member. Just curious.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ckarlc View Post
    Do you mean Free 2 day shipping? I ordered the PS4 launch edition off of Amazon 10 mins after the E3 conference and if I wanted to get the PS4 on release day the only option was 2 day shipping. It was free for me since I am a prime member. Just curious.
    There is no free 1 day shipping with Prime... and I ordered the launch edition as well. And they ship it to you a couple days prior to launch to make sure you get it on launch day... sometimes you may even get it a little earlier.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    There is no free 1 day shipping with Prime... and I ordered the launch edition as well. And they ship it to you a couple days prior to launch to make sure you get it on launch day... sometimes you may even get it a little earlier.
    Yeah, I don't have prime, I just went for the Standard Free Shipping. My experience has been on pre-orders is that they ship out with the rest of the pre-orders and I end up getting it 1-2 days later than everyone else. For example Video Game pre-orders tend to come in on Wed/Thurs for a Tuesday release (Friday at the latest.) It's not been worth $80/yr to get 2 day shipping, especially when the typical 5-8 days is usually 4 days, and the Pre-order stuff is usually arrives 1-2 days after release.

Not all that concerned about day one anyways (week one yes - day one no), if I were I would have pre-ordered at my local Gamestop.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Hahahahaha. Poor New Zealand. We really are a joke sometimes.
    I'm in Blenheim.
    But you're also the most awesome country ever.

Administrator
    Yeah, I don't have prime, I just went for the Standard Free Shipping. My experience has been on pre-orders is that they ship out with the rest of the pre-orders and I end up getting it 1-2 days later than everyone else. For example Video Game pre-orders tend to come in on Wed/Thurs for a Tuesday release (Friday at the latest.) It's not been worth $80/yr to get 2 day shipping, especially when the typical 5-8 days is usually 4 days, and the Pre-order stuff is usually arrives 1-2 days after release.

Not all that concerned about day one anyways (week one yes - day one no), if I were I would have pre-ordered at my local Gamestop.
    It certainly isn't worth it if that's all you're using it for, but I buy stuff all the time online... and if I need something overnighted it only costs like 4 bucks as opposed to 15 or 20. I'm not liking the new tax they have now, though. Kind of defeats the purpose of trying to save money by purchasing online.

Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    It's the most beautiful, that's for sure.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    honestly nah I'm not necessarily an apple hater I've owned 2 iPhones. I just don't like some of the things about it for example, only being able to sync for music on one computer instead of multiple syncs. which is why I'm contemplating going to Samsung.
    Same here. Last two phones were iPhones. I made the jump to the S4. Haven't looked back. Love it!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze

And the most free one as well.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    It certainly isn't worth it if that's all you're using it for, but I buy stuff all the time online... and if I need something overnighted it only costs like 4 bucks as opposed to 15 or 20. I'm not liking the new tax they have now, though. Kind of defeats the purpose of trying to save money by purchasing online.
    I average around 30ish orders a year from Amazon.com. I've been a customer of theirs since the mid 90's. In all that time, I've only upped the shipping to overnight (where I paid for it) once. That was when the wife, after arguing with her for the previous two weeks about getting a GPS Navigation unit (around 2005 time frame) decided it was a good idea 2-days before we were to leave on vacation, to get one. It was still cheaper than Best Buy by about $40 even w/ a $25 overnight fee.

It would be nice to have, but I'm not willing to spend it for the amount that I use it.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Same here. Last two phones were iPhones. I made the jump to the S4. Haven't looked back. Love it!
    yea that's the exact phone I'm looking at going to.
    I'm a prime member and we get free 2 day shipping but I didnt know if they do something special for the MOST SPECIAL console like giving free 1 day shipping or not

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post

That is true. But remember, we are more then just Lord Of The Rings.

I wouldn't go so far as calling it the most free though. We are Americas lapdog.

(Now i want an American hotdog. YUM!).

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    That is true. But remember, we are more then just Lord Of The Rings.

I wouldn't go so far as calling it the most free though. We are Americas lapdog.

(Now i want an American hotdog. YUM!).
    have one imported from New York. they're the best. Good luck getting through customs

29. Likes avecha likes this post

Thread Information