Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PlayStation Universe's 'Let's Play...' - Your Input Needed

As many of you know, PlayStation Universe is currently undergoing a few changes to keep up with everyone as we enter in to a new generation of consoles. One of our goals is to ensure that the PSU community remains as active as ever, keeping veteran members amongst us while bringing in a wave of new people. While we all agree that the best way to do this is by focusing entirely on the PSU forums, you cannot disagree that the ever-extending network of social media sites also helps draw the crowd in. Part of the PSU social circle is our very own PSU Youtube channel.

My role as PSU's video manager is to ensure that video content is uploaded and maintained on a daily basis. Videos including trailers, walkthroughs, developer diaries, interviews, previews and reviews are constantly being added to the library of videos. With that said, I wish to extend my role as video manager and bring a bit more interaction not only to the role but to the community as a whole.

Utilising both the Youtube channel and PSU's own video player, I want to start an official 'Let's Play...' series for PSU. What makes it so different to others, you may ask? Well, to keep in the spirit of the community, the games I play will be picked by - that's right - you. Each month I will be giving a selection of four or five games for you to pick from - a mixture of old and new releases - and it will be down to you, the PSU community, to decide what game I play that month. I will be aiming to release one or two videos of that chosen game a week, trying my best to ensure completion before the end of the month.

So what's the purpose of this announcement? Well, PSU, I need your input. What kind of games would you like to see played on the Let's Play videos? Would you like single-player or would you like to see me engage in some co-op games - quite possibly with some well-known members from PSU? I want to hear everyones thoughts on this - the best answers will receive a mention in the first video and may even go forward for a prize - that is, as of yet, to be decided. So, c'mon PSU, let me know what you think.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    I look forward to seeing this :3

Thank you itachi

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I think it'll be a nice aspect for the community... even better when the 4 is released.

I think a good idea would be to change the type of game you choose, each month, according to the trending games that are being discussed through the games section. It'll be easier to see the community interests in that way, instead of relying on a thread that might not be populated. The other solution would be to automatically switch it up each month, and give the community a poll to vote for a game they want to see in the videos. August, single player games, Sept. we'll have some co-op action, and in Oct, you'll running around killing others in some MP action; etc.

4. Likes Kuro likes this post
    Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think it'll be a nice aspect for the community... even better when the 4 is released.

I think a good idea would be to change the type of game you choose, each month, according to the trending games that are being discussed through the games section. It'll be easier to see the community interests in that way, instead of relying on a thread that might not be populated. The other solution would be to automatically switch it up each month, and give the community a poll to vote for a game they want to see in the videos. August, single player games, Sept. we'll have some co-op action, and in Oct, you'll running around killing others in some MP action; etc.
    I already have my PS4 reserved so I hope to get some videos out as soon as it's released, providing it will allow me to record - I read somewhere the only output signal it has is HDMI. Still, there will always be a workaround.

As for the games, I'll be putting up a poll of classic games and new releases and it will be down to PSU what game I play. So for example, the first month I'll be playing, lets say. Two Souls. As I play through that for the first month, with a video output two or so times a week, the community will be voting for the next game from a selection of five or six. The idea is that it's me doing something I enjoy while also providing the community with content they want.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    The games featured should not be older than 2 years old. Also, I recommend having both a video and text walkthrough of the games you do a walkthrough on. Sometimes users do this on Gamefaqs and it makes for a very effective walkthrough.

Oh yeah, don't forget about the PlayStation Vita! If you own a Vita, do some Vita reviews, walkthroughs, and etc. Maybe PSU can provide you with a Vita to do this on.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    A throwback to a classic would be cool once in awhile could be a psx classic, ps2 classic our an old ps3 game just for nostalgia. But I like F34R's idea sounds like an awesome one.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    I think it'd be good to mix up the types of games available for us to choose that way there's a good variety of what u stated(sp, and co-op with another member here would be cool). also, classic playstation games should be included. te focus should be on "newer" games, however a throwback month would be cool every now and then. this is a great idea lets get this started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    I already have my PS4 reserved so I hope to get some videos out as soon as it's released, providing it will allow me to record - I read somewhere the only output signal it has is HDMI. Still, there will always be a workaround.
    The beautiful thing about PS4 is that you'll be able to stream directly to YouTube, Ustream, and really anywhere (with the embed code) meaning we could do LIVE Let's Plays on a schedule.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    The beautiful thing about PS4 is that you'll be able to stream directly to YouTube, Ustream, and really anywhere (with the embed code) meaning we could do LIVE Let's Plays on a schedule.
    and not even have to worry about the workaround of the Hdmi out. the beauty of the ps4 begins to shine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    I so want to do this, this post excites me

Thank you itachi

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    There will be some kind of restrictions of course. It'll be interesting to find out what those will be.

Master Sage
    Completely forgot about the 'Share' button. Hopefully you'll be able to save recorded videos to the HDD and transfer them to PC.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    I think you should just play push-penny and kerby,great for multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Thread Information