Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    True and the final specs haven't really been revealed yet. It would be great for devs if they added more RAM. Either way I think it gonna be more than powerful enough from what i've seen. Maybe they will just go with what's in the dev kits which is supposedly 12 GB.
    Should be interesting to see how this pans out. I am glad MS continues to work with devs to improve the console prior to, during and after the release. Excellent focus for sure.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Isn't ddr3 is way more underdog against Gddr5?
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Removed pointless argument
    LMAO

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Bu bu but 12 is greater than 8!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Soldier 95B
    Nope. Especially adding 32mb of ESRAM on top of 4 more GB of RAM. The OS is now taking up even less.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    False hope but it's good to be optimistic...the rumor needs to be updated tho

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    MS added an extra 4GB of RAM to the 360? lol The 360 only had 512MB of RAM.
    Ok worded it wrong 4mb of ram it was added to the back of the 360 mother board.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Ok worded it wrong 4mb of ram it was added to the back of the 360 mother board.
    No worries bro. I was just teasing you about it. I've certainly posted my share of type os.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Nope. Especially adding 32mb of ESRAM on top of 4 more GB of RAM. The OS is now taking up even less.
    Why would the OS suddenly be using less RAM?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Why would the OS suddenly be using less RAM?
    it is possible they have optimized it. remember, no one has "confirmed" the OS footprint, just a few credible sites have quoted it.

we will see when the consoles hit.
    LMAO

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Over time these console OS footprints always shrink as these companies optimize them.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Sure these 32 mb esram is a nice add, I am no pro about this subject. But from what I heard it is totally useless if it doesn't supported by a proper ram. XBO has a wide highway (ESRAM) but it is still a low-hp car(ddr3). So esram is useless too.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Flaw3d Genius
    Sure these 32 mb esram is a nice add, I am no pro about this subject. But from what I heard it is totally useless if it doesn't supported by a proper ram. XBO has a wide highway (ESRAM) but it is still a low-hp car(ddr3). So esram is useless too.
    So basically the Xbox One is useless?

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    What do you mean by that and why would MS add the extra RAM if it was useless? It made a difference with xbox360 didn't it?

even if xbox one was the most powerful console on the planet I wouldn't have one I hate Microsoft, playstation for ever !!!
    PSN ID NapoleonSolo61

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Why are they asking anyway? Wouldn't they just say, "here's more ram, fill yer boots!" ?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    ok then I was wrong on the exact wording I apologize. however, "in some ways meaningless" when it was all about tech specs this gen when the Xbox was beating the ps3? uh, ironic?
    The PS3 has better on paper specs than the 360, so not sure what you are saying there?

Again, its how they are put together, which is what I've been saying from day one about this next gen.

Currently, the Xbox One has been more meticulously put together,, weather that will result in efficiencies over off the shelf parts...proofs in the pudding.

And the pudding is still in the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    Again I get this feeling that MS has absolutely no idea what they are doing. Or right hand has no idea what left hand and right foot is doing etc.
    They have done nothing but enhance the team that bought the 360, which did a pretty fine job. They have some top minds working for them like David Cutler.

Also a key point in all of this

-We don't know the speed of this system, so arguing for or against a upgrade in speed is going to be pointless. MS has never ever released Tech Specs, and its likely because they have not nailed them down. We do know they have been pushing this chip way over its specs. Its also custom silicon so they are not at all restricted by anyone else's timing specs other than their own.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-10-2013 at 21:51.

18. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Lmao ...these guys are some of the best engineers well versed in their profession.
    lmao tht they might be but still doesn't mean tey know what the hell they want to do bud

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    lmao tht they might be but still doesn't mean tey know what the hell they want to do bud
    You only have to read the right articles listen to the architecture panel, to understand they know exactly what they are doing. Not only that but you will understand they are being DELIBERATELY coy about the speed of this machine, you will also understand this machine is by no way or means any where near as mature as Sony's semi-custom rig. But then again, its a fully custom silicon that has only just come out of the oven.

That's not to say they haven't run a trillion cycles on the emulator they purchased to fully test their specs however.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-10-2013 at 22:04.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    You only have to read the right articles listen to the architecture panel, to understand they know exactly what they are doing. Not only that but you will understand they are being DELIBERATELY coy about the speed of this machine, you will also understand this machine is by no way or means any where near as mature as Sony's semi-custom rig. But then again, its a fully custom silicon that has only just come out of the oven.

That's not to say they haven't run a trillion cycles on the emulator they purchased to fully test their specs however.

they do seem be flirting around the issue of declaring tech specs. so I think you are right here.

seems like a game of poker this go around and MS is holding until the end.
    LMAO

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post

I think the original post of them not knowing what they want to do goes further than the specific topic at hand of changing a few things inside the box

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    it is possible they have optimized it. remember, no one has "confirmed" the OS footprint, just a few credible sites have quoted it.

we will see when the consoles hit.
    Which is why it makes even less sense to make a statement like that since nothing is officially been stated.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

24. Likes -Shafty- likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I think the original post of them not knowing what they want to do goes further than the specific topic at hand of changing a few things inside the box
    Adding extra ram is trivial, defining a speed at which they want to run this thing at might mean they may need to change the thermal cooling solution only.
    I know what your getting at, however, and it certainly seems that way from a PR point of view.
    But don't confuse the inept PR/Leadership with the tech boys.

These guys know there stuff.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    they do seem be flirting around the issue of declaring tech specs. so I think you are right here.

seems like a game of poker this go around and MS is holding until the end.
    that's cos they are holding a $#@! hand
    Last edited by -Shafty-; 07-10-2013 at 22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Which is why it makes even less sense to make a statement like that since nothing is officially been stated.
    My statement comes from the fact that I have read article upon article on the net concerning the OS foot print. There are three "rumors" being tossed around like it is fact.

1. the OS eats 3GB of RAM for its own use
    2. the OS eats 2GB
    3. the OS eats 1GB

None of the three rumors come from people AT MS, or even tied to the console. So, for me to conjecture that MS will optimize the OS code to utilize less RAM is just that, conjecture. All I have is anecdotal evidence that over time they reduced the footprint of the 360 OS, they added RAM months before the 360 release. So these two occurrences in the past lend history to a possible future.

Do I think it will use 3GB? No clue. Don't care really. In the end, be it PS4 or XB1, all I want are games that look and play great. I mostly debate this stuff because I have been part of sequences of product release that correlate to this sort of thing and I can loosely speak from experience on whether stuff is plausible. Meh, half assed experience likely, but I have worked in semiconductor production and fabrication, worked in R&D and mass assembly/production and shipping. I know the timelines of things, considerations that need to be met. So from my real world experience, not with MS real world, but other comparable facets, I like to debate when people who don't know spread FUD
    LMAO

Thread Information