Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I like GTA, but I know which game I won't put the pad down until its completed and its not GTA, in fact I've only ever completed 3/Vice City
    I lose interest in the others, same with most open world games actually apart from AC

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

2. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I love both - not really sure what the big deal is.

To me, it's self-deprecating praise to Rockstar from Kojima.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    If it is Respect and it is the first i have heard OPENLY RESPECT to another gaming company
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I love both - not really sure what the big deal is.

To me, it's self-deprecating praise to Rockstar from Kojima.
    Yup. If I recall correctly, he said similar types of things about someone else's game prior to MGS 4. That turned out just fine, by the way. This is nothing to get bent about.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Well least Kojima will want to continue to step up his game. I would love him do something rather than Metal Gear.
    Playing - Legend of Heroes:Trails Of The Sky (Steam),Persona 4 Golden,Ys Memories Of Celceta
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Dedicated Member
    pfft we should all know Kojima by now..he never sets his creations above others, he's a very humble person.

Skickat från min GT-I9305N med Tapatalk 4 Beta

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    Well least Kojima will want to continue to step up his game. I would love him do something rather than Metal Gear.
    he still has a zone of the enders 3rd sequel to go back to if he wishes

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Guys...Shocking news, Kojima is Japanese, you know...a country known for its Modesty and self-depreciation, (which are regarded as virtue and absolute normal behavior over there... )
    No $#@! hes praising another game and talking his down... this is NON NEWS... move along.

(with that said: heres some of my opinions!)
    GTA IV was absolute $#@!. I hated it so much i never even finished it... in fact... Sleeping Dogs imo is a 10x better game than GTA (i LOVE sleeping dogs!)

GTA just feels sluggish, unresponsive, and overly long.

Plus i HATE DRIVING GAMES... i hate games that make me drive for missions... or be a passenger that has to shoot out tires or people chasing me. (i know the game is called grand theft AUTO, but lets be honest here... the game hasnt actually been based on the theft of cars since gta2.)

theres just too much space with not much to do, everytime i played it, i tried finishing missions. (or even one mission...) id get sidetracked with stupid OCD stuff... or it would take too long to start or iono... i used to LOVE sandbox games... but after playing the Assassins Creed Games, (one of my favorite Sagas this gen) if you give me a huge $#@!ing city with huge $#@!ing buildings... but no way to actually climb... gtfo... If i could climb in GTA IV or GTAV that would be a different story... Also if you make such a huge open world game... there needs to be some sort of XP system... let me run around and LEVEL UP with the stupid OCD $#@!...

sorry im cranky...

On the other Hand... i love MGS... i love kojima... and i love the way V looks so much... I know ill be getting V, i doubt ill get GTAV
    Last edited by SomaXD; 07-13-2013 at 07:20.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I think this says a big statement. Time to step away from the series Kojima. Not forever but for a while. Don't be constrained because it is expected of you. He has enough pull to make demands. I love the MGS series but if the dev is getting worried about it, think it's time to step away. Do something new or revive ZOE or something. Give it hell this time and give it a proper and off so you can move on. Probably should have been done after 4 but I'm sure the demand had a lot to do with that.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

11. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Dear Mr. Kojima:

I have been a long time fan of the MGS series. Since before I had my first premature ejaculation. So that's a long time. You are not helping yourself by saying this on $#@!ing Twitter of all places. It's social media and dumb, gullible people will eat it up and use it against you. Let me assure you that GTA V and MGS V are two entirely different things. They are different genre's all together. Do you expect snake to play Ping Pong with Ocelot or beat up a hooker with Gray Fox? No, because Big Boss has a mission. And that mission is to be a badass mother$#@! Jones. So, do not be depressed Hideo Kojima, your game $#@!ing rocks, and the footage is amazing. But seriously, you need to take that $#@! down and make up a story of how it's a troll account and that you got hacked. This is NOT good publicity at all and WILL hurt game sales. But I will buy your game regardless. Never give up. Never gonna give you up. Never gonna turn around. And abandon you.

Love,

Detox

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    I think most people actually want a Zone Of Enders game. Its Konami thats probably forcing to do MGS.
    Playing - Legend of Heroes:Trails Of The Sky (Steam),Persona 4 Golden,Ys Memories Of Celceta

14. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    I think most people actually want a Zone Of Enders game. Its Konami thats probably forcing to do more MGS.

16. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    "GTA V" new trailer was awesome! This free control is future of the game, way higher than anywhere, makes me depress as matter fact.(cont..)

Hideo Kojima was talking in respect to free control. If people bothered reading the whole tweet, the context would not have been so poorly misconstrued. This is what's wrong with people these days.

18. Likes SomaXD likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    let the baby have his bottle and suck on it... He said what he said and the context is clear, he likes GTA 5
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    We all forget that kojima tends to undersell his products. Although if the game suffers in quality I won't blame Rockstar, I'll be blaming the multi-platform factor.
    It seems as if every other Spartan in the Halo universe is cooler and more interesting than Master Chief, yet they all died at the beginning of Halo 1.

Superior Member
    Honestly, I think after the latest GTA 5 trailer, gamers and developers realize that Rockstar has stepped up their already impressive franchise. Awestruck by many, developers could feel puny in comparison.

22. Likes Foraeli likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Well he's depressed about The Division and now GTA 5 those games are open World sandbox titles that doesn't fit MGS 5 .
    Could the next Metal Gear be an open world sandbox title?

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Well he's depressed about The Division and now GTA 5 those games are open World sandbox titles that doesn't fit MGS 5 .
    I think it should've ended at 4 to begin with let alone making it to 6. Seeing how he's making 5 open world it would be kind of difficult pulling it back again for 6 if/when its made.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    I think most people actually want a Zone Of Enders game. Its Konami thats probably forcing to do more MGS.
    Was ZOE a big sellers?

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    I totally think it is. I think they even said it in the E3 debut video. It looks really amazing in my opinion. Open world and 60fps is too beautiful.

Master Guru
    That's what happens when you sell out for the mighty dollar Kojima. You had something special with the PS brand. Look at what happened to Final Fantasy when SE jumped ship.

Veteran
    Personally I love both franchises, but even though I prefer the MGS saga I will definitely enjoy MGS5 better but that won't stop me from enjoying GTA5 a lot! And I might also think MGS5 is a better game but doesn't make GTA5 less, like I said, THEY'RE BOTH ENTIRELY DIFFERENT KIND OF GAMES! The open world addition to the MGS world doesn't change a thing, it's not like it became GTA now.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Well, Grand Theft Auto V did make a great impression and it looks like it will be leagues better than my biggest disappointment which is GTA IV.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    MGS will always have something with GTA doesn't, and that's the lore and characters. They are different games that accomplish different things and are trying to do different things. They are both looking fantastic and I'll have both, but Kojima needn't worry.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    This doesn't come off as humble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    MGS will always have something with GTA doesn't, and that's the lore and characters. They are different games that accomplish different things and are trying to do different things. They are both looking fantastic and I'll have both, but Kojima needn't worry.
    GTA does have well written characters.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Thread Information