Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Battlefield 4 will have Kinect functionality on Xbox One, DICE confirms

http://www.oxm.co.uk/58054/battlefie...dice-confirms/
    Could be similar to COD with voice commands.

DICE has announced that the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 will feature some kind of Kinect integration, but stresses that waving our arms around wildly definitely isn't what it has in mind for us.

"We have a pretty pragmatic view [on the new Kinect]," DICE general manager Karl Magnus Troedsson told Game Informer (via Videogamer). "Instead of just trying to tick all the boxes of features you can do with new hardware, we look at what actually adds value [for] our players.

"When you look at the kind of games that we build - or Battlefield at least - it is a first-person shooter that is very much about skill. Input is really important. You need to have very precise control over what's going on, and trying to do something like that with motion control input does not make sense - not if you want to keep the same kind of formula of the game as we [have] now. You'd need to build a different kind of shooter.

"But there are other places where it will make sense, and we are going to use it for other things in the game, but we haven't announced exactly what."

If the studio are eschewing motion controls entirely, our money is on Battlefield 4 utilising Kinect voice commands to carry out actions like reloading and weapon-swapping in the heat of battle - or could DICE be thinking of making use of Kinect 2.0's new functions - like picking up player heartbeats?
    Last edited by The Sith; 07-11-2013 at 06:29.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    "like picking up player heartbeats?"
    lol dumb newbs.

hmm...it'll be interesting to see what they could do with gesture controls. i wouldn't expect a hardcore game like this (competitive online) to use Kinect to a good extent but better than nothing.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I can't think of anything that I'd use...

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    how about every time you blink the screen goes black

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

5. Likes Shingo , Sufi, Two4DaMoney , Christopher wishes they had posted this first.
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    how about every time you blink the screen goes black
    lol wtf. good one though. actually would be possible!

Soldier 95B
    The only things I could see using would be voice commands for this game. Voice commands to drill down the menus, and possibly quickly build out and customize a weapon for the next round.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    The only things I could see using would be voice commands for this game. Voice commands to drill down the menus, and possibly quickly build out and customize a weapon for the next round.
    for breaching, you could simulate the real world by requiring the player to "push" a door open with a foot or hand. Grenades could be thrown by NPC's using your commands (voice) or your grenades by a simple arm movement not requiring a button press.

Of course, all of these would be selectable control schemes, use kinect or not for those who prefer controllers.

I can see them using kinect in ways you might not think of. I always look forward to seeing how people implement things like this.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Not requiring a button press? lol A button press is faster and easier than an arm movement for grenades. Voice command seems like the only worthwhile feature.

Extreme Poster
    i really do think that there will be games that will utilize the device in some really awesome ways. the tech is there now and the standardization is done well. but in a game like this, i would be surprised if they spent time on it. it would be AWESOME for single player though, just don't see it happening for multiplayer...coming from a person who lives and breaths MP games.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Not requiring a button press? lol A button press is faster and easier than an arm movement for grenades. Voice command seems like the only worthwhile feature.

but for realism freaks, removing your hand from your weapon is required for grenades. there isn't a soldier alive who can grab a grenade, unpin it, throw it, and still keep both hands on his gun to be ready to fire in a split second.

I am just saying, there are those out there who will like some of the more realistic gestures that can be done.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    but for realism freaks, removing your hand from your weapon is required for grenades. there isn't a soldier alive who can grab a grenade, unpin it, throw it, and still keep both hands on his gun to be ready to fire in a split second. I am just saying, there are those out there who will like some of the more realistic gestures that can be done.
    Fair enough. Some people would appreciate that. The voice command thing is what I would enjoy personally.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Fair enough. Some people would appreciate that. The voice command thing is what I would enjoy personally.

Me too, personally. I can't see me really getting into lobbing and such, but who knows? LOL

As with most unknowns, better to try and not like it than to hate it just because

Soldier 95B
    Me too, personally. I can't see me really getting into lobbing and such, but who knows? LOL
    You throw like a girl, so DO NOT use Kinect for grenade lobbing.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    You throw like a girl, so DO NOT use Kinect for grenade lobbing.

screw u.jpg

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Me too, personally. I can't see me really getting into lobbing and such, but who knows? LOL As with most unknowns, better to try and not like it than to hate it just because
    Yep, well Kinect comes with the system and if youre buying an X1 anyway then why not try it? lol

Extreme Poster
    i would definitely welcome a way to look around you inside air vehicles. maybe a way to interact with the map really quickly or a way to bring up scoreboard/map really quickly with a gesture. only problem i see with gestures is that you will get tired. i play online games for hours on end sometimes...it's a game of endurance.

Thread Information