Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Member

What's your limit?

Seeing so many people pre-ordering a PS4 but how much are you willing to spend on the system when it launches? Since we know the PSeye is separate an Online is now P2P what PSN+ card are you getting 6months or a year an how many games will you be buying with the PS4!! so what's you limit you'll be spending?

My limit is £500 I might go over tbh not what I want to do but the bundle isn't yet priced.

im getting-

PS4 Bundle w/ 2games (Drive Club & KZ:SF) both games include Special Edition's steelbook case and bonus content & 30days Free subscription
    Watch Dogs Dedsec Edition
    Last edited by nextgen3; 07-11-2013 at 17:50.

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well I only plan on buying the console and Killzone so i doubt i'll be spending more than £370 which is a bargain for me considering how much i've been spending on my PC recently!

Unless more launch games interest me then i'll be in trouble but so far it's on Killzone and maybe the lite version of DC

PSN ID
    l-Rasunda-l
    Well right now the console has cost me $464 with shipping included.

Killzone Shadow Falls is going to cost me $60- I've already paid $20 in my pre-order at Game Stop

I need to buy PSN+ as right now I'm on a 30 Day trial and I'm not sure if I wanna reup for two 3 month cards( As Money is somewhat tight at the moment aka there are some Vita games I wanna buy). July- Sept, Sept - Dec, which would bring me up to when I owning my PS4.

I'll have another $500 to spend on games and such come October, but right now not much in the PS4 launch Day line up interests me. I'll buy Infamous, if I play Infamous 2 before the game releases. ( Launch Window game)

Over all, I'm willing to spend $800, this year, on PS4. Keeping in mind that almost $600 goes to the console itself and PS+ for online game play.
    Last edited by DuhWhitePanda; 07-11-2013 at 14:55.
    One breath in this moment. We'll stay till were chosen and though it all.
    We Rise and Fall
    With our eyes wide open. We'll fight till we're broken.

..::WUB WUB WUB::..

Apprentice
    My limit is 1000$ that is system, games and second controller
    Step Your Game Up!

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Limit, what's a limit

Personally I don't have a real limit, but I'll probably spend around $760 after taxes by the end of the year - Console, PS4Eye, 3 Games, Extra Controller. Already a PS+ Customer, just renewed a month ago. Note that I normally buy around 3 Games during the Holiday season because I don't have time for more than that.

EDIT: PS this is a reduction from > $1200 this year on consoles as my son who wanted XB1 no matter what, has now changed his mind
    Last edited by TAZ427; 07-11-2013 at 16:42.

Veteran
    My limit on launch date would be $435 which would be the PS4's total with tax included, + $130 for BF4 and Watch Dogs + $50 for PS Plus, so that's $615 and hopefully I can stretch it to $680 for another game lol.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Seeing so many people pre-ordering a PS4 but how much are you willing to spend on the system when it launches? Since we know the PScam is separate an Online is now P2P what PSN+ card are you getting 6months or a year an how many games will you be buying with the PS4!! so what's you limit you'll be spending?

My limit is £500 I might go over tbh not what I want to do but the bundle isn't yet priced.

im getting-

PS4 Bundle w/ 2games & 30days Free subscription
    That's pretty much what I'm looking to spend too.

• Console - £350
    • Killzone - ~£45
    • Watchdogs ~£45
    • Psn + - ~£45

= ~£485

Don't plan on getting anything else at launch, but we'll see what happens.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

PSN ID
    D3RM1AN
    My limits around £450 because i'm getting Killzone shadow fall and Battlefield 4 on release. I'm actually very excited about getting these titles and then later on in the year i'll get Watch Dogs.
    But it sounds like we're all going to be spending a large amount of cash on release. So my question to all the sexy PSU members on this question thread is: Will it all be worth it to spend so much on day 1?

I personally have to say $#@! yeah it is!

9. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Quote Originally Posted by D3RM1AN View Post
    My limits around £450 because i'm getting Killzone shadow fall and Battlefield 4 on release. I'm actually very excited about getting these titles and then later on in the year i'll get Watch Dogs.
    But it sounds like we're all going to be spending a large amount of cash on release. So my question to all the sexy PSU members on this question thread is: Will it all be worth it to spend so much on day 1?

I second that!

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by D3RM1AN View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PoopIsTheBest View Post
    I second that!
    I third that!

Plus there are a few games that will be free at launch.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

12. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Well my budget will be

PS4= £349.00
    Plus= £40.00
    COD Ghost= £45.00?
    Fifa 14= £45.00?
    Fifa 14 Gold packs £150.00

So that will hit me £629.00

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    Well my budget will be

PS4= £349.00
    Plus= £40.00
    COD Ghost= £45.00?
    Fifa 14= £45.00?
    Fifa 14 Gold packs £150.00

So that will hit me £629.00
    Cant believe ppl still buy in to that FiFA ultimate team package!! I wouldn't even think once about doing it but I guess its for hardcore football fans who love the game that much! I like fifa games but only play it for the fun factor not in to the ultimate team thing. I might wait for price drop on FIFA & Ghosts I feel the need to play new IP's first lol

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SkipRat
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    That's pretty much what I'm looking to spend too.

• Console - £350
    • Killzone - ~£45
    • Watchdogs ~£45
    • Psn + - ~£45

= ~£485

Don't plan on getting anything else at launch, but we'll see what happens.
    Exactly the same here..plus i still have a good 6/8 games i want this Generation.....

16. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    PS4 - $400
    BF4 - $60
    Watch Dogs - $60

$520 plus sales tax. I purchased a 12 month PS+ subscription last month so I'm set there.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Apprentice

It depends. I'm still going to be getting my ps3 games. I think I even have one xbox 360 game Im going to pick up. Then I'm getting the system I may get the eye/camera if/when they implement some stuff in some of the games that makes it worth getting. Probably going to pick up an extra controller. So far I'm really interested in Watch dogs so Ill get that for the ps4 and might get knack. It's not that im limited so much on what I would be willing to spend as it is my money is going to different game variations. Also the selection at launch is limited so I just don't have a ton of games that I want to buy yet. I will be getting a year of ps plus when I get my other stuff.

19. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I was planning to spend $1k just on the console, since the release price is $549au ill be able to afford 4/5 games.

- PS4 500GB
    - EyeCam 2
    - Killzone: Shadow Fall
    - Knack
    - Drive Club
    - inFamous: Second Son
    Last edited by mickice; 07-11-2013 at 17:01.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Will be buying the console + one single player game (GTA V), then getting COD Ghost for PS3 for multi-player game where I don't have to purchase PSN+.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    My limit's going to be between $1,000 and $1,200 (~630-756 pounds) for the initial launch.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Seeing so many people pre-ordering a PS4 but how much are you willing to spend on the system when it launches? Since we know the PScam is separate an Online is now P2P what PSN+ card are you getting 6months or a year an how many games will you be buying with the PS4!! so what's you limit you'll be spending?

im getting-

PS4 Bundle w/ 2games (Drive Club & KZ:SF) both games include Special Edition's steelbook case and bonus content & 30days Free subscription
    No Scam, I don't believe that an entire network should be paid for by my buying a game system.
    Everyone whines when PSNetwork has been down and that it's inferior to XBLive that has always been a pay in system. Well, network maintenance money comes from somewhere people. Shut the heck up about scam.

I have a Watchdogs Bundle coming from Amazon and Drive Club, though I might change that to Knack since there is supposed to be Drive Club day one on my PSN+ account.
    I might get the Camera but that'll depend on what i see it's use for at TGS.

Forum Guru
    My limit is $399 for a PS4, nothing more. I'm not giving those scalpers a single cent even if I have to wait for a year.

Ultimate Veteran
    Depends entirely on how much money I dump on Steam's Summer deals this year lol!

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    No Scam, I don't believe that an entire network should be paid for by my buying a game system.
    Everyone whines when PSNetwork has been down and that it's inferior to XBLive that has always been a pay in system. Well, network maintenance money comes from somewhere people. Shut the heck up about scam.

I have a Watchdogs Bundle coming from Amazon and Drive Club, though I might change that to Knack since there is supposed to be Drive Club day one on my PSN+ account.
    I might get the Camera but that'll depend on what i see it's use for at TGS.
    Sorry I think you read it wrong! I wasn't on about any scam nore have I mentioned a scam I was talking about the PS Cam, it look's like it put together but sorry you are mistaken. I will now change it to PS Eye as PS cam drew you in from not reading it correctly

just to put you in to detail about drive club PSN+ Edition it isn't the full game version of retail game you would expect, its just a toned down version for PSN+ meaning less cars/tracks
    Last edited by nextgen3; 07-11-2013 at 17:50.

Ultimate Veteran
    ps4 399 iam grand total is 568 dollars
    cod 59.99
    kilzone 59.99
    year psn 49

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I have no such thing as a limit!!

I already pre-ordered 2 PS4 with PSeye and extra controller and 3 games for each one!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    Depends on how much money i have on me at the time, ive been planning on Trading some games in so ill save them untill launch (get double the worth when traded in exchange for a pre-order), i did the same for the Vita and got mine for like £170 plus Memory card, Uncharted and £10 to spend no the store

The King has Returned

Thread Information