Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Namco responds to #JRPGVITA

Aurora: Recently, a poll was made by Sony to ask gamers most wanted Vitaís J-RPG to get localized, and both Tales titles made it to the top. Could it makes change your mind about localize them?

Hideo Baba: Personally, I really want to localize Vita titles Tales of Hearts R and Tales of Innocence R.
    But you know, Iím a game producer, but Iím also a businessman, so I must take count of the business perspectives from the market, and the Vita console do not sell much in American and European countries.Itís necessary that the Vita do better before localizing Tales titles.
    For now, thereís not enough Vita on western markets, but if it grow, there will be better possibilities for us to localize the Vita titles. Our podcast now is to promote Tales of Xillia.

Aurora: The main problem with the Vita is in two ways : lots of gamers hesitate to buy the console because thereís so few titles on it, and mostly so few RPGís. And lot of them would be motivated if the titles available for Vita grow bigger.

Hideo Baba: I understand what you mean, but Tales Series is not that big for now to motivate gamers to buy a new console by its own. But is the fanbase grow bigger and became more popular, it can be, but for now Tales Series are not well known in the American and European markets.

Aurora: So you mean itís not excluded to get Vita titles ?

Hideo Baba: If feedbacks after PS3 titles yet announced are positives, we could think about localizing the Vita titles.
    Source
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    He should just take the risk man.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    The Vita not only needs good games, but it needs more new IPs.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Even i admit from business perspective I could see his point. I would love them to come over as time goes on. Buy Xillia series and Symphonia he may consider it if they sell well.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia 2 and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Vita is in catch-22 right now. They won't localize them due to low Vita sales, and people won't buy Vitas due to lack of games. I think he's wrong that people wouldn't buy a Vita just for Tales, I'm sure plenty would. They should just do Innocence and see how it does.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Vita is in catch-22 right now. They won't localize them due to low Vita sales, and people won't buy Vitas due to lack of games. I think he's wrong that people wouldn't buy a Vita just for Tales, I'm sure plenty would. They should just do Innocence and see how it does.
    But definitely not plenty enough, especially in the West.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    50K should be enough to break even on each, doesn't seem too bad to me. Problem is they think people want them dubbed when they just wanna play the game. Didn't do the Yakuza series any harm, in fact Yakuza 3 sold the most in the west to my knowledge, more than Y1 which was the only one they dubbed.

Superior Member
    All Yakuza's starting from 2 were Japanese dubbed for the English audience. Sega facing financial problems one point since 4 didn't do that good. So they didn't localize 5 in the west.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Not having Yakuza 5 in the west is displeasing..

On topic: Get XSeed to work on localization if they don't want to do it. Those guys are our heroes! But I have to agree with, AaronSOLDIER - Just give them subs and I'll be happy. Yakuza is perfect with just subs, I can't see them ever getting dubs or else the characters just won't seem legit to me.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yakuza 5 has been out just over 6 months it could still get localized.

PSN ID
    l-Rasunda-l
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    The Vita not only needs good games, but it needs more new IPs.
    Scew new IPs, I want the revival of long forgotten sony franchises like Socom and Twited Metal. MAG would have been just what Vita needed at launch.
    One breath in this moment. We'll stay till were chosen and though it all.
    We Rise and Fall
    With our eyes wide open. We'll fight till we're broken.

..::WUB WUB WUB::..

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhWhitePanda View Post
    Scew new IPs, I want the revival of long forgotten sony franchises like Socom and Twited Metal. MAG would have been just what Vita needed at launch.
    A huge multiplayer game would be great for VITA.If it got the media attention it could sell VITAS.

Hmm see how Sega is doing financially.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Isn't Vita limited to 8 players online? Seems to be the maximum we've had so far even with the upcoming KZ:M.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Isn't Vita limited to 8 players online? Seems to be the maximum we've had so far even with the upcoming KZ:M.
    Think the limit is due to the graphics, if a game isnt focused mainly on it then we could see more

Thank you itachi

Veteran
    What happens when you get tired of Socom and Twisted Metal?

Superior Member
    Well there is always Persona 4 Golden or Soul Sacrifice.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    Well there is always Persona 4 Golden or Soul Sacrifice.
    What I should have said is what happens when you get tired of the same franchises? New Ips at the right time are a good thing. One of the best times for a new IP is at the start of a console or handheld generation.

PSN ID
    l-Rasunda-l
    They have other franchises to revive, like Syphon Filter. Plus continued spin offs like Uncharted Golden Abyss 2 and the God of War continued milking. Not to mention other cross buy games. Sony is trying new IPs with Gravity Rush, honestly, I thought it sucked. I'd rather have Sony revive old franchises that I loved rather than expect me to pay $40 for a new IP.

I think reviving older, already known, franchises would also help them with Vita sales as opposed to banking on people buying Vita as an accessory to the PS4.
    One breath in this moment. We'll stay till were chosen and though it all.
    We Rise and Fall
    With our eyes wide open. We'll fight till we're broken.

..::WUB WUB WUB::..

Veteran
    They have other franchises to revive, like Syphon Filter. Plus continued spin offs like Uncharted Golden Abyss 2 and the God of War continued milking. Not to mention other cross buy games. Sony is trying new IPs with Gravity Rush, honestly, I thought it sucked. I'd rather have Sony revive old franchises that I loved rather than expect me to pay $40 for a new IP.

I think reviving older, already known, franchises would also help them with Vita sales as opposed to banking on people buying Vita as an accessory to the PS4.
    You do have a point, gamers DO prefer to buy proven franchises. However, I like a mixture of new and old IPs on a system. It should be balanced or near balanced when it comes to new and old IPs.

Superior Member
    What I should have said is what happens when you get tired of the same franchises? New Ips at the right time are a good thing. One of the best times for a new IP is at the start of a console or handheld generation.
    Yeah its definitely like that specially since im getting older I always like something new. I get sick of too many sequels or repeating IPs.

Thread Information