Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 112
  1. #51
    Superior Member
    rene2kx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    728
    Rep Power
    26
    Points
    9,347 (0 Banked)
    This is not confirmed yet. This article is going off some uk retailer listings, which are placeholder price tags often. I dont see any game developer selling their standard game for 80 usd.

  2. #52
    Elite Guru
    NYFAN75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    37,520 (0 Banked)
    Well if they are raising the price that much then there will NOT be an EA game in my collection.... But there are enough stupid people out there that the few that don't buy will not affect them to much.

  3. #53
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    29,630 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSoul21 View Post
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-...-99-57437.html



    Whelp, guess I won't be buying any EA games. **** that noise.
    wtf dude at most it should've been 70. usually raised 10$ a gen right? **** that, no ea games ever again



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  4. #54
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,873
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,440 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    This is not confirmed yet. This article is going off some uk retailer listings, which are placeholder price tags often. I dont see any game developer selling their standard game for 80 usd.
    The United Kingdom based retail outlet, GAME, has verified that the price of next-gen titles from Electronic Arts for the PlayStation 4 (and presumably the Xbox One) will be raised from 39.99 to 54.99. Development costs and all that jazz.

  5. #55
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the Internet
    PSN ID
    l-Rasunda-l
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    647 (0 Banked)
    I still find it laughable that people are so bent out of shape about this. They have no problem spending $500+ for the console, but when it actually comes to the software for the console, they want to be cheapskates. $20 extra, that's the last ****ing straw!
    One breath in this moment. We'll stay till were chosen and though it all.
    We Rise and Fall
    With our eyes wide open. We'll fight till we're broken.

    ..::WUB WUB WUB::..

  6. #56
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    52,280 (0 Banked)
    We should lock this thread until we get official confirmation from EA on this matter, when I contacted them through Twitter they said the prices are the same. If this turns out to be true it will probably be only the UK, sorry for them, but let's not have people thinking this is actually true.


  7. #57
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,873
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,440 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    could you post that twitter msg here?

  8. #58
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    PSN ID
    Captobvious75
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    6
    Points
    892 (0 Banked)
    The only ea game I buy on release day is NHL. Ill suck it up

  9. #59
    Veteran
    SomaXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So-Cal
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,761
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    6,203 (1,083 Banked)
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhWhitePanda View Post
    I still find it laughable that people are so bent out of shape about this. They have no problem spending $500+ for the console, but when it actually comes to the software for the console, they want to be cheapskates. $20 extra, that's the last ****ing straw!
    Did you hear what you wrote? 20$ is a brand new budget game... I'm sorry but if I'm buying 5-8 games a month like I do now that's 100-160 bucks extra a month. An additional 2-8 games a month... You might not care, but I'd rather spend my money on more games... Not less.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

  10. #60
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the Internet
    PSN ID
    l-Rasunda-l
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    647 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Did you hear what you wrote? 20$ is a brand new budget game... I'm sorry but if I'm buying 5-8 games a month like I do now that's 100-160 bucks extra a month. An additional 2-8 games a month... You might not care, but I'd rather spend my money on more games... Not less.

    1) Why are you buying 5-8 games a month!? Can you even get through that amount of games per month?
    2) I hope they are not new releases. God I hope you're talking about Steam games.
    3) I think people are forgetting most games decrease in price after a few months. (Not specific to you)To call people stupid and get all mad over the price of a game just makes you look childish.

    And no, paying $80 for a certain game that I know will get a ridiculous amount of play time through the course of a year doesn't bother me. As I stated, I'm paying over $500 just on the hardware alone. I'm not going to cry because I have to pay another $80 for a quality game with a ton of replay value.

    Believe me, I can sympathize with people on this, but I think people are just blowing this out of proportion. EA rarely makes new franchises so for the most part you know what you're getting with them. Its all about how much value you put on a game.
    One breath in this moment. We'll stay till were chosen and though it all.
    We Rise and Fall
    With our eyes wide open. We'll fight till we're broken.

    ..::WUB WUB WUB::..

  11. #61
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,873
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,440 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhWhitePanda View Post
    1) Why are you buying 5-8 games a month!? Can you even get through that amount of games per month?
    2) I hope they are not new releases. God I hope you're talking about Steam games.
    3) I think people are forgetting most games decrease in price after a few months. (Not specific to you)To call people stupid and get all mad over the price of a game just makes you look childish.

    And no, paying $80 for a certain game that I know will get a ridiculous amount of play time through the course of a year doesn't bother me. As I stated, I'm paying over $500 just on the hardware alone. I'm not going to cry because I have to pay another $80 for a quality game with a ton of replay value.

    Believe me, I can sympathize with people on this, but I think people are just blowing this out of proportion. EA rarely makes new franchises so for the most part you know what you're getting with them. Its all about how much value you put on a game.
    paying more for a game doesn't necessarily mean more replay value or time. it is more likely to mean better lip sync (mo cap), actors, **** that takes a lot of money but provides little value at times...e.g. engine, graphics, sound etc.

    there are games on the PS2 that gave you more bang for the buck than on the PS3. I can go back to the SNES days and talk about games that gave you more replay value than most anything nowadays.

    don't confuse more money with necessarily bigger longer games.

  12. #62
    Veteran
    SomaXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So-Cal
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,761
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    6,203 (1,083 Banked)
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII

    EA Raises Prices Of Next-Gen Games To 54.99/$80

    Quote Originally Posted by DuhWhitePanda View Post
    1) Why are you buying 5-8 games a month!? Can you even get through that amount of games per month?
    2) I hope they are not new releases. God I hope you're talking about Steam games.
    3) I think people are forgetting most games decrease in price after a few months. (Not specific to you)To call people stupid and get all mad over the price of a game just makes you look childish.

    And no, paying $80 for a certain game that I know will get a ridiculous amount of play time through the course of a year doesn't bother me. As I stated, I'm paying over $500 just on the hardware alone. I'm not going to cry because I have to pay another $80 for a quality game with a ton of replay value.

    Believe me, I can sympathize with people on this, but I think people are just blowing this out of proportion. EA rarely makes new franchises so for the most part you know what you're getting with them. Its all about how much value you put on a game.
    Yeah I have time to play...and yeah new releases, PS3 and 360 games (I hate pc gaming lol)

    It's kinda my job reviewing...(I don't really work because of an accident I was in, plus the wife makes enough that I can just draw and game all day lol)

    I could understand if you're paying for a nice long game... But we're talking ea, they shouldn't even be charging 60$ for most of their games (I think any of their sport titles shouldn't be more than 15$ even...) Only a completely insane person would think paying 80$ for a madden game is a good value.

    I'm interested to know... What EA game would you have been happy to pay 80$ for current gen?

    Out of the 5 EA titles I have paid for (ie not ps+) I think mirrors edge is the only game worth the 60$ (the other 4 being, dragon age 2, saboteur, dead space 1, and Dante's inferno... All bought for 20$ or less)
    Last edited by SomaXD; 07-14-2013 at 03:24.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

  13. #63
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the Internet
    PSN ID
    l-Rasunda-l
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    647 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    paying more for a game doesn't necessarily mean more replay value or time. it is more likely to mean better lip sync (mo cap), actors, **** that takes a lot of money but provides little value at times...e.g. engine, graphics, sound etc.

    there are games on the PS2 that gave you more bang for the buck than on the PS3. I can go back to the SNES days and talk about games that gave you more replay value than most anything nowadays.

    don't confuse more money with necessarily bigger longer games.
    Never once did I say it meant a longer game. I'm coming at it from this stand point. People who buy BF, they play that **** until the breaks come off. Now while not being a BF fan, I am an NBA fan. I can see myself sticking well over 200 hours into NBA Live with the franchise mode and online match making. People who buy BF stick days and days into the online portion of the game. You tell them that they are stupid for paying $80 for a game which they will spend that much time playing. It's illogical, which is why I stated that it depends on how much you value the franchise you're buying. With Dead Space, I only play the campaign. There is no way in hell I'm paying $80 for that game as after 8-15 hours its over and will never be touched again.

    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Yeah I have time to play...and yeah new releases, PS3 and 360 games (I hate pc gaming lol)

    It's kinda my job reviewing...(I don't really work because of an accident I was in, plus the wife makes enough that I can just draw and game all day lol)

    I could understand if you're paying for a nice long game... But we're talking ea, they shouldn't even be charging 60$ for most of their games (I think any of their sport titles shouldn't be more than 15$ even...) Only a completely insane person would think paying 80$ for a madden game is a good value.

    I'm interested to know... What EA game would you have been happy to pay 80$ for current gen?

    Out of the 5 EA titles I have paid for (ie not ps+) I think mirrors edge is the only game worth the 60$ (the other 4 being, dragon age 2, saboteur, dead space 1, and Dante's inferno... All bought for 20$ or less)
    NBA Live and BF4 if I can get a party to play with. From a single player aspect, to you Madden may not be worth it, but to someone who play sports games and shooters, its totally worth it. Its all about how much time that you are going to spend with the game that determines its value and that's what people are not getting.

    Unlike you, I dont review games. Thus I'm perfectly fine paying $80 for a couple of multiplayer games that interest me until the heavily single player focused games, like Bioshock and the Last of Us, drop to $20-$30. That is how I buy my game. Well that and the Steam sales.
    One breath in this moment. We'll stay till were chosen and though it all.
    We Rise and Fall
    With our eyes wide open. We'll fight till we're broken.

    ..::WUB WUB WUB::..

  14. #64
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,873
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,440 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhWhitePanda View Post
    And no, paying $80 for a certain game that I know will get a ridiculous amount of play time through the course of a year doesn't bother me. As I stated, I'm paying over $500 just on the hardware alone. I'm not going to cry because I have to pay another $80 for a quality game with a ton of replay value.

    Believe me, I can sympathize with people on this, but I think people are just blowing this out of proportion. EA rarely makes new franchises so for the most part you know what you're getting with them. Its all about how much value you put on a game.
    i think the problem is semantics here. really you should be saying that "if" the game has the immense value that justifies the $80 tag.

    Having an $80 tag doesn't necessarily mean that though. I got from your post that $80 is nothing when you know it will give you more replay value.

  15. #65
    Veteran
    SomaXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So-Cal
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,761
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    6,203 (1,083 Banked)
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhWhitePanda View Post
    Never once did I say it meant a longer game. I'm coming at it from this stand point. People who buy BF, they play that **** until the breaks come off. Now while not being a BF fan, I am an NBA fan. I can see myself sticking well over 200 hours into NBA Live with the franchise mode and online match making. People who buy BF stick days and days into the online portion of the game. You tell them that they are stupid for paying $80 for a game which they will spend that much time playing. It's illogical, which is why I stated that it depends on how much you value the franchise you're buying. With Dead Space, I only play the campaign. There is no way in hell I'm paying $80 for that game as after 8-15 hours its over and will never be touched again.



    NBA Live and BF4 if I can get a party to play with. From a single player aspect, to you Madden may not be worth it, but to someone who play sports games and shooters, its totally worth it. Its all about how much time that you are going to spend with the game that determines its value and that's what people are not getting.

    Unlike you, I dont review games. Thus I'm perfectly fine paying $80 for a couple of multiplayer games that interest me until the heavily single player focused games, like Bioshock and the Last of Us, drop to $20-$30. That is how I buy my game. Well that and the Steam sales.
    with madden youd pay 80$ for a game thats fundamentally the same each year with minor changes? why not demand a core 15$ game that gets yearly updated rosters and features via paid updates? they already announced that they are going to be using 2 engines... so now you wont even be paying for an updated game graphically, all youll be paying for is roster changes and little stuff that doesnt even amount to 80$ worth of features... this legitimately makes my brain hurt as to why anyone would spend money for sports games. Id seriously rather pay for the core game and then 5-10$ for the yearly roster change... i really dont see an 80$ value a year in sports games (to be fair... i HATE sports lol)

    and i deleted BF3 after the first day (not even worth the free PS+ download) if i pay 80$ for BF4 i better get free server hosting (none of this bull**** 3 month rentals) and free premium service, and whatever other DLC they decide to cut from the main game so they can charge instead.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

  16. #66
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    19,450 (0 Banked)
    Won't happen. More people buy online at a much cheaper price anyway.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

  17. #67
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the Internet
    PSN ID
    l-Rasunda-l
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    647 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    with madden youd pay 80$ for a game thats fundamentally the same each year with minor changes? why not demand a core 15$ game that gets yearly updated rosters and features via paid updates? they already announced that they are going to be using 2 engines... so now you wont even be paying for an updated game graphically, all youll be paying for is roster changes and little stuff that doesnt even amount to 80$ worth of features... this legitimately makes my brain hurt as to why anyone would spend money for sports games. Id seriously rather pay for the core game and then 5-10$ for the yearly roster change... i really dont see an 80$ value a year in sports games (to be fair... i HATE sports lol)

    and i deleted BF3 after the first day (not even worth the free PS+ download) if i pay 80$ for BF4 i better get free server hosting (none of this bull**** 3 month rentals) and free premium service, and whatever other DLC they decide to cut from the main game so they can charge instead.
    I pay it because I can. Sure its not worth $80 because of what they pack into it, but its worth $80 to me because of the time I spend on it and the experience I get from playing with other people online.

    I can ask the same question about any single player game. Why do people pay $60 for The Last of Us? Its a single player game with multiplayer that I'd never touch. People do it though. My brain hurts as to why anyone would buy that game day one or get excited by a MGS game. Just take your PS3 controller to a theatre instead of buying a MGS game


    See how utterly stupid that sounded. Its different strokes for different folks. People who play EA games play them religiously and get their value out of what they pay. EA knows this, EA will get away with charging more, and most customers probably wont feel like they got ripped off.

    I wont feel bad when I pay $80 and spend the majority of the PS4 gaming drought playing a EA sports game while others are only complaining that Sony has no games.
    Last edited by DuhWhitePanda; 07-14-2013 at 15:08.
    One breath in this moment. We'll stay till were chosen and though it all.
    We Rise and Fall
    With our eyes wide open. We'll fight till we're broken.

    ..::WUB WUB WUB::..

  18. #68
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    52,280 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    could you post that twitter msg here?
    EA Support
    I don't have any info on any price changes.


  19. #69
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,873
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,440 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    but what exactly was your question? i'm tring to get the context here. they could be talking about current prices.

  20. #70
    Master Guru
    manutdfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Port
    Posts
    6,592
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    32,272 (0 Banked)
    Boooo
    20...

  21. #71
    Veteran
    jj03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,368
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    4,218 (0 Banked)
    Items Manchester United
    How can ea raise prices for next gen games when i imagine games will be less difficult to program for given the more pc innards in ps4/360? If it is true, i just won't buy their games. Period..again, if it is true..then **** you ea.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

  22. #72
    Dedicated Member
    dakidx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    1,567 (0 Banked)
    yea EA's gonna have to make their own console and sell games at whatever price they want. See who picks up the tab then.
    It seems as if every other Spartan in the Halo universe is cooler and more interesting than Master Chief, yet they all died at the beginning of Halo 1.

  23. #73
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    52,280 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    but what exactly was your question? i'm tring to get the context here. they could be talking about current prices.
    I told them about the whole GAME UK confirmation thing about a price raise for PS4 games, and I asked for confirmation of such information.

    And that's what they said:
    EA Support
    I don't have any info on any price changes.


  24. #74
    Newbie
    Slaystation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    6
    Points
    1,011 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I told them about the whole GAME UK confirmation thing about a price raise for PS4 games, and I asked for confirmation of such information.

    And that's what they said:
    EA Support
    I don't have any info on any price changes.
    So that one guy of EA Support who answered your question has no info. ...but that does not mean there are no infos about the price yet at all! I clear denial sounds different from that statement.

    Anyway, we'll see....
    we as customers have much power, as we just saw by MS do their 180. We could give EA our answer, too, if they really will make prices like rumored here.
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

  25. #75
    ***** dweller
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,094
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    105,012 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaystation View Post
    So that one guy of EA Support who answered your question has no info. ...but that does not mean there are no infos about the price yet at all! I clear denial sounds different from that statement.

    Anyway, we'll see....
    we as customers have much power, as we just saw by MS do their 180. We could give EA our answer, too, if they really will make prices like rumored here.
    Just do what many others have been doing this gen, protest your displeasure with your wallets. I don't know why Electronic Arts would inflate prices like that but a move like this will blow on their faces.







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.