Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Mark Cerny: They know how to design PS4 so it wont overheat

Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    In other words, you can't find any of the other posts saying "it will." Thank you tho for trying.
    I've counted 5 so far, but I stopped at page 3. It's clear your intent here is a negative one... so why are you even in here if not to intentionally frustrate people? You know very well what you are doing.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

2. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    see? little guys avoiding the question. lol.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I've counted 5 so far, but I stopped at page 3. It's clear your intent here is a negative one... so why are you even in here if not to intentionally frustrate people? You know very well what you are doing.
    Just ignore him dude. Most ppl here do =D

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Just ignore him dude. Most ppl here do =D
    oh well now see that makes sense! thanks I finally got the memo

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Oh. You mean like this?:
    Quote Originally Posted by Forael
    This console will naturally have a higher risk of hardware failure than what the Xbox One will have because of this.
    See that? Maybe if you read past the "This console will" and got ALL the way to the "higher risk" part, you would have realized it was never saying "it will." Again, I never said the PS4 will have big heating problems, and again, no one reads.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

Oh. You mean like this?:

See that? Maybe if you read past the "This console will" and got ALL the way to the "higher risk" part, you would have realized it was never saying "it will." Again, no one reads.
    HOLY $#@! I GET IT GUYS! Penello sent this guy on here to help him fix all his ridiculous pr statements! too bad he isn't helping

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    "Smaller console," "higher temperature," "higher risk." Of course all these words mean that the PS4 will have major heating issues, or at least, that is how wrongly people misinterpret words here. hoho

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    It's you, not me

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Thats why I put him on ignore a long time ago. But people keep quoting him. lol

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Thats why I put him on ignore long ago. But people keep quoting him. lol
    well damnit rad if you would've told ME to ignore him you woulda saved me a headache

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    well damnit rad if you would've told ME to ignore him you woulda saved me a headache
    Yep what can I say? You know now right? lol

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by bmatt View Post
    He has made it clear that by saying that smaller consoles are more susceptible to overheating and that the PS4 is too small that he is not implying it will have overheating issues.
    If this poster wasn't being sarcastic, he would have won a big gold medal. But sadly, even after all my explanations and further telling people what was said as to clear up anything that may have been "implied," people are still claiming nonsense as always.
    Last edited by Foraeli; 07-14-2013 at 19:09.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep what can I say? You know now right? lol
    lol damn sure do dude

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

You saying it will have a higher failure rate is a baseless assumption. Neither console has been made available publicly, you don't know the manufacturing process either of them are using... and there is zero data on the matter for you to make such a statement. Therein lies the problem.

It might have a higher failure rate is something you can say. Not it will. You're speaking in absolutes without having any data whatsoever. And this trend continues on in this entire thread. If you're confused as to why you're receiving the reaction you are, this is why. Good grief.

The PS4 is about the size of the PS3 Slim. The PS3 Slim is a result of an ever-evolving manufacturing process with increasing efficiency. You're basing your theories (and they are just theories) on separate products unrelated to the PlayStation line. Based on from what we've seen from the PS line... the PS2 Slim and PS3 Slim... hell... let's throw the Vita in there as well... it's logical to assume the PS4 won't have nearly as many issues as you are claiming... on top of the fact that AMD has a large role in this... and are well known for their low power chipsets... one of which is being implemented in XB1 and PS4.

Who knows...? All I can say is, we'll just have to wait and see.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    You saying it will have a higher failure rate is a baseless assumption. Neither console has been made available publicly, you don't know the manufacturing process either of them are using... and there is zero data on the matter for you to make such a statement. Therein lies the problem.

It might have a higher failure rate is something you can say. Not it will. You're speaking in absolutes without having any data whatsoever. And this trend continues on in this entire thread. If you're confused as to why you're receiving the reaction you are, this is why. Good grief.

The PS4 is about the size of the PS3 Slim. The PS3 Slim is a result of an ever-evolving manufacturing process with increasing efficiency. You're basing your theories (and they are just theories) on separate products unrelated to the PlayStation line. Based on from what we've seen from the PS line... the PS2 Slim and PS3 Slim... hell... let's throw the Vita in there as well... it's logical to assume the PS4 won't have nearly as many issues as you are claiming... on top of the fact that AMD has a large role in this... and are well known for their low power chipsets... one of which is being implemented in XB1 and PS4.

Who knows...? All I can say is, we'll just have to wait and see.
    You are comparing the to-be-launched PS4 non-slim to the PS2 Slim and PS3 Slim instead of comparing to the PS2 non-slim at launch and the PS3 fat model at launch. It seems you are the one basing theories on products not properly relevant for comparison.

As for everyone's reaction towards what I've said, it's just because they don't like to hear the honest truth same as with everyone else here.
    Last edited by Foraeli; 07-14-2013 at 19:29.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    You are comparing the to-be-launched PS4 non-slim to the PS2 Slim and PS3 Slim instead of comparing to the PS2 non-slim at launch and the PS3 fat model at launch. It seems you are the one basing theories on products not properly relevant for comparison.

As for everyone's reaction towards what I've said, it's just because they don't like to hear the honest truth same as with everyone else here.
    uh u said little things heat up. the ps4 is smaller than a ps3 slim. why the $#@! would he compare it to a ps3 fat?

Master Guru
    Sony has a good track record with hardware so i'm confident the PS4 will be a tank.

The PS2's DRE issue was overblown and so was the PS3's YLOD.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Aren't these consoles limited to 200watts?

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    uh u said little things heat up. the ps4 is smaller than a ps3 slim. why the $#@! would he compare it to a ps3 fat?
    But guess what, I already gave him an example with the Wii u being a launch small console but he blew it off with "I know the secret source Nintendo used" wtf?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    I really think it's crazy that I was the only one in on Nintendo's secret that the Wii U can be so small because of its vastly underpowered CPU, sub par RAM performance, and the GPU on par with 7-year-old PC hardware.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam

Sure let's compare to the launch PS3 and PS4.

PS3: two 90nm chips.
    PS4: one 28nm chip.

Guess why the PS4 is so much smaller than the PS3 launch model? Because it requires less cooling, there is less heatsink to cram in there.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Sure let's compare to the launch PS3 and PS4.

PS3: two 90nm chips.
    PS4: one 28nm chip.

Guess why the PS4 is so much smaller than the PS3 launch model? Because it requires less cooling, there is less heatsink to cram in there.
    This 90nm/28nm thing would hold true if the PS4 was no more powerful than the PS3. This is why all this talk of the Wii U and smartphones existing doesn't mean a thing. The Wii U and smartphones can be smaller than the PS4 because they are a ton weaker.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    I'll give a golden cookie to whoever can explain how saying "there is a chance of increased failure rate" means the same thing as "there will be an increased rate of failure." It sad none of your reading comprehension classes never taught you all how to differentiate between the two. It's a good thing this is your problem and not mine.
    Regardless of what you have or haven't said, or meant, or meant to say or said meaning....

Here's the thing. Smaller isn't necessarily more of a risk. The best way to design a product is with efficiency, meaning not bigger than it has to be, etc. I believe the APU is fabricated using a 28nm process. This is way smaller/thinner than the current PS3 slim (again if I recall correctly). The great thing about technology is that as it advances, those advances not only bring higher power, but generally less power consumption and heat. So it's not really surprising that a device today can have 5x or so the power of a device 6 years old, but yet consume less electricity and generate less heat.

I really don't think that either the Xbox One or PS4 are likely to run into overheating issues, at least in their first 1-3 years. Unless one company or the other COMPLETELY screwed the pooch engineering wise or didn't model airflow and heat exchange correctly, I'm not too worried. After all, look at things like our phones and tablets today. Running quad processors and graphic processors and yet they're fine in our pockets. Now the PS4 is more powerful than your iPhone, but not completely out of the ballpark. If you've played some of the new Retina display iPad games, you've seen what I mean.

So bottom line, yeah there's a risk, but I don't think it's much of one and in the end, we'll have to wait till September or November to start finding out.

Personally I think it's much funnier to hear people talking about how the Xbox One MUST be quieter than the PS4 due to it's larger fan and so that's why they're getting one because they can't stand noise. Yet those same folk have 360's which- forget about a little noise!- sound like a frikkin' jet airplane. I just got one of the newest 360's to play Halo and then trade back in. I was ASTOUNDED at the noise. Sounds like some of the older Dell towers we have at work when the fans are going out! Still didn't stop me from enjoying the game but definitely annoying.

If either console has some noise that's to be expected. I expect them to sound basically like DVD/Blu-ray players. As long as they're in that range, no big deal.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

25. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Over 7 years technology advanced.

Moores law I think. Not quite double over 7 but still a big difference.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by jphuff View Post
    Regardless of what you have or haven't said, or meant, or meant to say or said meaning....

Here's the thing. Smaller isn't necessarily more of a risk. The best way to design a product is with efficiency, meaning not bigger than it has to be, etc. I believe the APU is fabricated using a 28nm process. This is way smaller/thinner than the current PS3 slim (again if I recall correctly). The great thing about technology is that as it advances, those advances not only bring higher power, but generally less power consumption and heat. So it's not really surprising that a device today can have 5x or so the power of a device 6 years old, but yet consume less electricity and generate less heat.

I really don't think that either the Xbox One or PS4 are likely to run into overheating issues, at least in their first 1-3 years. Unless one company or the other COMPLETELY screwed the pooch engineering wise or didn't model airflow and heat exchange correctly, I'm not too worried. After all, look at things like our phones and tablets today. Running quad processors and graphic processors and yet they're fine in our pockets. Now the PS4 is more powerful than your iPhone, but not completely out of the ballpark. If you've played some of the new Retina display iPad games, you've seen what I mean.

So bottom line, yeah there's a risk, but I don't think it's much of one and in the end, we'll have to wait till September or November to start finding out.

Personally I think it's much funnier to hear people talking about how the Xbox One MUST be quieter than the PS4 due to it's larger fan and so that's why they're getting one because they can't stand noise. Yet those same folk have 360's which- forget about a little noise!- sound like a frikkin' jet airplane. I just got one of the newest 360's to play Halo and then trade back in. I was ASTOUNDED at the noise. Sounds like some of the older Dell towers we have at work when the fans are going out! Still didn't stop me from enjoying the game but definitely annoying.

If either console has some noise that's to be expected. I expect them to sound basically like DVD/Blu-ray players. As long as they're in that range, no big deal.
    My thoughts exactly. + rep.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information