Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

Video Game Advancement

tell everyone, What's the most important thing you think the gaming industry has done to get it where it is today. Is it graphics, story telling, f2p, online gaming, etc.

mine would probably be online gaming. nothing like the thrill of competition.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Well, for me it's graphics. Everything that has to do with how the games looks and feels like. I've been around since before 8-bit graphics, so I've seen the progress over the years from that to the advanced 3D graphics we have today. Back in the early days it was simply just "hand made" animations with no physics calculations or particles or anything like that. In 25-30 years alot have happened in this area. After that I think the story telling is what excites me the most. It hasn't evolved as much as graphics over the years, but for me it's one of the most important parts of a game. I'm not that much of a competative person, so I've always enjoyed the single player experiences more than competative online games.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nothing, it is still stuck in a loop of the same old $#@!
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Nothing, it is still stuck in a loop of the same old $#@!
    really? so games haven't evolved whatsoever in your opinion?

Companies that listen to their fans. Bohemia Interactive, amazing revolutions, EA Sports, terrible.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wilkinson View Post
    Companies that listen to their fans. Bohemia Interactive, amazing revolutions, EA Sports, terrible.
    yea I know what u mean but as a company u can't listen to every fan. so how do u choose?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    yea I know what u mean but as a company u can't listen to every fan. so how do u choose?
    For long standing series: Sales. You listen to the people who supported your earlier installments as they are more likely to continue buying your product. Take Call of Duty. You really think they pay more than the bare attention needed to their haters? They please their niche, and make subtle changes to each game, which while I cannot confirm, are most likely suggested by their fans and consumer base, not the haters.

As for me, I'd say that multiplayer is probably one of the biggest advancements. Gaming hasn't changed too much recently (no real big break-throughs, just adaptations and "perfecting" the system) but multiplayer managed to bring in a lot of new gamers who thrive off of competition. I, however, don't really play shooters or PC strategy games, so multiplayer isn't all that important to me personally, though I admit to greatly enjoying it in several cases (Killzone 2 anyone?).
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Thread Information