Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder

Dixons predicts Xbox One over PS4 to take Christmas No. 1

High Street retail group Dixons has today published its Christmas best-sellers list and predicts the Xbox One to top the PlayStation 4. The list reveals which console the retailer expects consumers to opt for as the next-gen battle heats up this Christmas. Both consoles take poll position in the Top Ten Tech Gifts chart, but it’s the Xbox One that PC World and Currys expect to be this Christmas’ best selling device.

“On the one hand you have Xbox One entering the ‘all-in-one battle’ and then you have PlayStation focusing more than ever before on social gameplay,” said Charlie Stringer, category manager for gaming consoles at Currys and PC World.

“The gloves are off and it’ll be interesting to see who wins come Christmas Day.”
    Despite predicting Microsoft’s success in the next-gen console war, Dixons has celebrated the battle between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as one that will provide a much-needed boost for High Street retail.
    The retailer also expects the next-gen console war to dominate technology sales this Christmas. With the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 taking the chart’s top spots, popular tech products such as the iPad and other tablets are relegated to fighting for third place.
    “We’re excited to see Xbox and PlayStation finally launching big new platforms. Both consoles are extremely powerful and offer customers a great entertainment solution,” continued Stringer.

Currys and PC World’s Christmas 2013 Top Ten Tech Gifts
    1. Xbox One
    2. PS4
    3. Apple iPad
    4. Nexus 7
    5. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    6. Monster DNA On-Ear White Tuxedo Headphones
    7. KitchenAid Kitchen Machine (red)
    8. De’Longhi EC310B Coffee Machine
    9. Nikon D3200 Twin Kit with 18-55mm lens
    10. Bose Soundlink Mini
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/dixon...s-no-1/0118485

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    the x1 will not dominate the ps4 at Christmas. the following year, if the x1 catches on, it will outsell the $#@! out of the ps4.
    still gettin my ps4 tho

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The UK seems to be the only place that wants X1 over PS4.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    The UK seems to be the only place that wants X1 over PS4.
    So they can Skype while watching EastEnders.

5. Likes the_jim likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Stopped reading after "the PS4 is a social gaming system".

"Its better to keep your mouth shut and let everybody think you are an idiot. Than it is to open it and remove all doubt!!"

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    lol why? the share button is a big topic?

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    lol why? the share button is a big topic?
    The PS4 has been designed for social gameplay? Seriously? It was designed with the hardcore gamer in mind, it's all about the games. Share button is just a funky addon that the majority of people won't use after the first 3 weeks.

"Its better to keep your mouth shut and let everybody think you are an idiot. Than it is to open it and remove all doubt!!"

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

Because parents will be so willing to fork out the extra 100 for the X1 at Xmas time.

The PS4 has been designed for social gameplay? Seriously? It was designed with the hardcore gamer in mind, it's all about the games. Share button is just a funky addon that the majority of people won't use after the first 3 weeks.
    You're kidding, right?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    For real the Xbone has more social crap than PS4.

I will be using share button on PS4 especially when FF14 comes to it. I have warned my facebook friends haha.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Oh ok I see what ur saying I agree with you. just because a share button was implemented doesnt make it a social console. it IS a hardcore gaming console that's the damn reason I got one preordered. ms and their fanboys can have the rest of the $#@!

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Because parents will be so willing to fork out the extra 100 for the X1 at Xmas time.

You're kidding, right?
    Wait, what? You don't get what I'm saying I don't think.

The "gamer" who works for Dixons thinks the Xbone will sell more than the PS4. I'm sayin no it won't.

Administrator
    Wait, what? You don't get what I'm saying I don't think.

The "gamer" who works for Dixons thinks the Xbone will sell more than the PS4. I'm sayin no it won't.
    I was referring to your share button comment...
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Elite Guru
    Oh ok I see what ur saying I agree with you. just because a share button was implemented doesnt make it a social console. it IS a hardcore gaming console that's the damn reason I got one preordered. ms and their fanboys can have the rest of the $#@!
    Ok at least someone understands my post.

Elite Guru
    I was referring to your share button comment...
    So your saying parents will fork out an extra 100 so there kids can use a share button to there Facebook accounts. Well your certainly not a parent are you

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Hasn't been called Dixons in a long time...
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

17. Likes John25 likes this post
    Administrator

So your saying parents will fork out an extra 100 so there kids can use a share button to there Facebook accounts. Well your certainly not a parent are you
    Uh... what? The Xbox is the one that costs 100 dollars more, not the PS4. What are you even taking about? The PS4 has a share button on its controller. I think you're confusing the two consoles.

And I said parents are less likely to fork out the extra 100 for XB1 at Xmas time.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    I think monkey might be referring to the fact u said nobody will use it after 3 weeks. I might be wrong tho

Elite Guru
    Uh... what? The Xbox is the one that costs 100 dollars more, not the PS4. What are you even taking about?
    We're getting our wires crossed here somewhere pal and it certainly ain't me. I've been clear, you've just babbled.

Administrator

We're getting our wires crossed here somewhere pal and it certainly ain't me. I've been clear, you've just babbled.
    Wow.

I think monkey might be referring to the fact u said nobody will use it after 3 weeks. I might be wrong tho
    That would be correct.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    uhhhhh I don't think he's babbling monkeys knows his $#@!. idk wtf's going on

Elite Guru
    Maybe so mate but at the end of the day the share button is no more than an extra feature that wont make people want to purchase the console. We buy our PS4s to play games not spend time showing our Facebook "friends" how good we are at games.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Maybe so mate but at the end of the day the share button is no more than an extra feature that wont make people want to purchase the console. We buy our PS4s to play games not spend time showing our Facebook "friends" how good we are at games.
    oh yea of course I'm not spending 400 for a damn Facebook feature. but the implementation of the idea is a good selling point considering the age we live in

Elite Guru
    Uh... what? The Xbox is the one that costs 100 dollars more, not the PS4. What are you even taking about? The PS4 has a share button on its controller. I think you're confusing the two consoles.

And I said parents are less likely to fork out the extra 100 for XB1 at Xmas time.
    Apologies I read the above wrong. I'm babbling lol

Administrator
    oh yea of course I'm not spending 400 for a damn Facebook feature. but the implementation of the idea is a good selling point considering the age we live in
    It doesn't just share to Facebook.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    It doesn't just share to Facebook.
    I know that monkey. I was using it because it had been exemplified In the previous post

Thread Information