Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Wouldn't touch it (Xbone) with a ten foot pole.

Simply because it has nothing to offer that's better than what the PS4 has to offer, IMO. And I've always prefered PS to Xbox. And I can't afford both.

Superior Member
    No.
    Microsoft has proven to me what direction they are heading towards from their Reveal and E3.
    I want to play Games, not play games with the Company.
    And yes, i saw Titanfall Nelson..

Sony has proven to me what direction they're taking, and it starts out good for us Gamers. So i'm starting on the good foot and hoping i land the next one.

It'll be a "SONY ONLY" Console, this coming Generation with me.
    I'm an Australian, and i'll be happy chanting "SONY SONY SONY OI OI OI"

3. Likes victorijapoosp , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    No. I will skip One in this generation.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nope. MS has showed me all I need to know. Their focus is lost to me.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

6. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Neither me, but not because I disliked MS Xb1.

...I just don't see the point in owning 2 consoles at the same time, as you can play 95% of all games one each of them. ...those few exclusives don't justify spending another 500$ for me. I could get 8 new games for that money...
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

8. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Eventually, i said I'd get one after the first price drop and i probably will still do that.

I personally don't see the point in limiting how many games I can play nor do i want to run the risk of not being able to play great games that no doubt will be available on both platforms.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I will keep my 360 as a memory of a simpler time
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

11. Likes Admartian , Christopher likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by jphuff View Post
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'd like to say something in this regard. I'm worried about the Kinect, both the original and this 2.0 version. Microsoft has never been the paragon of having no security issues. Not so worried about the NSA, after all, our email and phone conversations, etc. are already monitored somewhat. I'm worried about "normal" hackers finding a way to bust the system. We've already had cases where schools and other institutions have had the cameras on PC's exploited by perverts and just plain old busy-bodies. I worry that hackers will find a way to do this with the Kinect system and if they do, since it's required, you won't be able to protect yourself until MS releases a fix, etc. That's my worry with Kinect. Being in IT I know some would say that's paranoid, but since it's happened with other technologies that are similar and since it's on a Microsoft platform, I don't think that possibility is worth discounting out of hand.
    I agree. everything's being monitored already so the NSA and kinect is a little blown out of proportion. however, I still don't like the fact that that would be a possibility for the government or regular hackers to do.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

PSN ID
    MichSpartan222
    I won't be getting the Xbox One either. First it was the DRM, then once they backed down it was the mandatory Kinect.

I don't have the room for the kinect, as there is only about 2 feet between my bed and the TV, and the chair where I sit when playing my Xbox sits smack dab in the middle.

I don't think the light bar would be project a "hologram" in that space, now would it? Would the camera be able to track the controller in that amount of space?
    Last edited by VerizonLover; 07-14-2013 at 14:54.

Elite Member
    Easy Answer!
    Last edited by nextgen3; 07-14-2013 at 15:57.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    I agree. everything's being monitored already so the NSA and kinect is a little blown out of proportion. however, I still don't like the fact that that would be a possibility for the government or regular hackers to do.
    Most people have smartphones with cameras and microphones. There is nothing inherently more secure about a smartphone and cell network then Kinect and Xbox Live. If the NSA or hackers wanted to secretly turn on people's smartphone cameras to view and eavesdrop on them.... they could. I don't hear anybody talking about how creeped out they are about that or talking about boycotting smartphones.

You can take issue with Kinect's added price or lack of usefulness to you personally...... but the privacy issue is just ludicrous coming from anybody that owns and cherishes their vulnerable smartphone.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Most people have smartphones with cameras and microphones. There is nothing inherently more secure about a smartphone and cell network then Kinect and Xbox Live. If the NSA or hackers wanted to secretly turn on people's smartphone cameras to view and eavesdrop on them.... they could. I don't hear anybody talking about how creeped out they are about that or talking about boycotting smartphones.

You can take issue with Kinect's added price or lack of usefulness to you personally...... but the privacy issue is just ludicrous coming from anybody that owns and cherishes their vulnerable smartphone.
    did u miss the part where I said it was blown out of proportion and that everything can be monitored already? I guess u did unless I'm taking ur post wrong and ur actually trying to agree with me

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    From what i've seen game wise and system wise im not bothering. Microsoft seem to need new strategies games wise. They likely won't try secure JRPG exclusives again since it didn't work shame people didn't buy those games.
    Playing - Tales of Hearts R,Persona 4 Golden,
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Be it N.S.A or MS being complete $#@!s. The end result has shown that MS has completely moved away from gaming and went down the Multi-media path and games are a second importance to them and not the first
    Last edited by claud3; 07-14-2013 at 15:31.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    No sirrey Bob

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    I'll get the Xbox One first. I has the better exclusives going out of the gate this time.
    Can't deny that, instead of owning MS at E3 they needed to show more games.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Be it N.S.A or MS being complete $#@!s. The end result has shown that MS has completely moved away from gaming and went down the Multi-media path and games are a second importance to them and not the first
    THAT is my biggest reason for not getting the Xbox. they aren't putting gamers first. if they were, I'd own both ps4 and x1. the privacy is irrelevant because we basically have no privacy anymore.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    No plans at all. IMO ms has never had the amount of must have exclusives that Sony has been able to crank out. While I have enjoyed some of the halo series and forza is a decent alternative to gran turismo, they weren't enough to make me go out and buy an Xbox. The new ips that they announced at e3 were ok though. I'll check them out when my friend picks up his xbone at launch.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by PoopIsTheBest View Post
    No plans at all. IMO ms has never had the amount of must have exclusives that Sony has been able to crank out. While I have enjoyed some of the halo series and forza is a decent alternative to gran turismo, they weren't enough to make me go out and buy an Xbox. The new ips that they announced at e3 were ok though. I'll check them out when my friend picks up his xbone at launch.
    see I agree with you. I know people who went out and bought a 360 just to play gears of war. I'm like $#@! man if u got that much money to buy a console for one game contribute to my charity lol

Maybe, but leaning more towards no. The price would have to drop a lot and new Halo and Gears of War would have to be awesome. Those are the only 2 game I'd buy it for. I used to be an Xbox guy and bought a PS3 just for God of War, Uncharted, and Resistance. Now I barely ever play my 360. I have a lot more fun on the PS3.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    PS3 is still delivering good fruit, 360 not so much. Same will happen with the Xbone no matter what MS tries to sell you, don't believe them.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

26. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    see I agree with you. I know people who went out and bought a 360 just to play gears of war. I'm like $#@! man if u got that much money to buy a console for one game contribute to my charity lol
    Lol! 3 of my gaming friends were Xbox gamers so I was able to play gears and others. They were fun no doubt but they were also games I would never play and enjoy alone because they weren't designed that way. I don't play online all the time. I enjoy games with a good story and multiplayer is just a bonus to me, not a must. Besides they are mostly PC gamers now and only 2 are getting xbone and ps4.

Elite Guru
    Never say never but at this point I've absolutely no interest in the XBOne. Maybe much much later in the generation - heavily dependent on price point etc. though.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    THAT is my biggest reason for not getting the Xbox. they aren't putting gamers first. if they were, I'd own both ps4 and x1. the privacy is irrelevant because we basically have no privacy anymore.
    Be that as it may, but i believe that should be the bigger issue and the gaming one as well
    Last edited by claud3; 07-14-2013 at 16:56.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I'll use the same reasoning I used this genereation: Until something too good to pass on comes around, or until they add support for 3rd party pepherials like G25/G27, I will not buy a X1 and probably not for the first 5 years.

Thread Information