Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast

PSN ID
    l-Rasunda-l
    Its on my mind, but not at the current price point and I probably wont be taking it online. At least last generation I could pay for XBL, while PSN was free. Now both companies want to charge and I'm just not willing to spend over $100 to keep two consoles online. Especially when I learned last generation that one console tends to take a back seat to the other.
    One breath in this moment. We'll stay till were chosen and though it all.
    We Rise and Fall
    With our eyes wide open. We'll fight till we're broken.

..::WUB WUB WUB::..

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I didn't support 360 because MS were slack on exclusives for the last few years. I won't support Xbone because it's a visionless multi-purpose console and I don't trust MS at all.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    see I agree with you. I know people who went out and bought a 360 just to play gears of war. I'm like $#@! man if u got that much money to buy a console for one game contribute to my charity lol
    I have plenty of money...I simply don't have the time. I can't play all the games I have on PS3. I have at least 3 or 4 still in shrink wrap. When you have a career and a wife you have probably an hour or two window late at night to wrap up the day. Combine that with the fact of all the stuff I can't stand about MS makes it very difficult for me to give them my money. All the crappy operating systems...all of the program crashes...the crappy build quality....the lies...the showing games running on hardcore gaming rigs with $1,000 graphic cards....the always on. People get their cell phones hacked ALL THE TIME. I don't know what some are getting on about. Where do you think all those self-nude pics from celebrities come from. Most have their phones in their pocket or purse...what would be the purpose of streaming that??? But a camera sitting in the bedroom or living room?? Yeah...you get it! I saw some good steps from MS on the 360...was willing to consider a second console for a few exclusive titles but not now...not with the console they released....if I'm picking up an INFERIOR second console...it would be a WIIU for my wife....MS newest box really does nothing well and to be honest...I like quality...I will pay for premium. I have a luxury auto, live in the nice subdivision, have the top end TV and sound...I will pay more for a superior product if the quality and satisfaction is there...X1 could have been that....but they didn't go for that...and thus I'm not going for it. Unless they buy out Sony or Sony collapses there is no place this gen for MS. Nintendo...I am strongly thinking of that one.

Elite Member
    There's still few ppl I know who are willing to get XBO but I will not! everything from friends list he talked about that he doesn't want to lose if he switched to PS4 an he enjoys it which is no probs

The PS4 offers a range of stuff that XBO doesn't, I feel the Exclusives are top job when it comes to PS4 an the free to play games there offering are 5 so far without having the PSN+ paywall an offer free driveclub to existing PSN+ member's an will also get 3 games like don't starve, outlast & secret ponchos an there APPS are not behind a paywall such as Netflix, Hulu, Cross game chat ect ect where XBO apps are mostly behind a paywall. I think SONY offers a range of great deals an they care about there consumers an the price is great to.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Most people have smartphones with cameras and microphones. There is nothing inherently more secure about a smartphone and cell network then Kinect and Xbox Live. If the NSA or hackers wanted to secretly turn on people's smartphone cameras to view and eavesdrop on them.... they could. I don't hear anybody talking about how creeped out they are about that or talking about boycotting smartphones.

You can take issue with Kinect's added price or lack of usefulness to you personally...... but the privacy issue is just ludicrous coming from anybody that owns and cherishes their vulnerable smartphone.
    the biggest thing is choice. I can choose to turn off my phone or put it in airplane mode but can't do so and still use some functions on the Xbox one. Microsoft is stripping people's right to have a choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    But that as it may, but i believe that should be the bigger issue and the gaming one as well
    what?

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I didn't support 360 because MS were slack on exclusives for the last few years. I won't support Xbone because it's a visionless multi-purpose console and I don't trust MS at all.
    Pretty much my reasons for not buying an Xbone. Also the mandatory Kinect.

Dedicated Member
    Unless they come up with a kinect-less version, i will not get the xbox 'three'. The games are looking decent, but i just dont want a stupid camera rammed down my throat which i have absolutely no use for. I own the first two xboxes but the forced kinect with the xbox 'three' is a deal breaker to me.

post script: why is this thread put up in the ps4 section?
    Last edited by rene2kx; 07-14-2013 at 16:56.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    what?
    Sorry friend. I was trying to say that SECURITY is and must be the top issue that needs sorted and the fact that they are not game focus, is a real issue as well
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Sorry friend. I was trying to say that SECURITY is and must be the top issue that needs sorted and the fact that they are not game focus, is a real issue as well
    oh I see I see. yea I agree. I wouldn't be too comfortable having something in my house hackers could easily crack and peek in me bedroom lol

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I don't plan on getting an Xbox One, no. I would get it if it ever goes for 100 bucks or less, and has a game that I really want to play.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 07-14-2013 at 17:03.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    oh I see I see. yea I agree. I wouldn't be too comfortable having something in my house hackers could easily crack and peek in me bedroom lol
    yep and many are being turned off with the entire idea of it
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    yep and many are being turned off with the entire idea of it
    well of course and it didnt help that the launch happened when the NSA leak and all that $#@! was going on as well. just a bad trip for ms lol

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    well they will pay money ways and fans as well... They buried themselves and may they suffer for this

Dedicated Member
    their answer to people not wanting kinect forced upon them and wanting to have an option is #dealwithit. my answer to them is gfy.

Master Poster

If they release a Kinect-less version, and get exclusive game franchise as good as Gears of War, then I might consider it.

But right now it just seems like they are pushing all their good developers away. They lost Bungie so no more Halo from the creator of the series, they also lost Bizarre Creations so no more Project Gotham Racing from them, even Gears of War got pushed away from Epic Games with the last entry made by another studio.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    If Kinect is not required.

PSN ID
    baffledduck
    I can only afford one console and with ps plus and Sony's first party studios it's a no brainer for me I'm buying a ps4

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    I'll get one wayyy down the line

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    If Kinect is not required.
    The latest rumor is that kinect 2.0 is costing just as much as the xbone to produce and that is the reason MS is forcing it on us. They're scared that kinect 2.0 won't be big enough success on its on if they sell it separately.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The latest rumor is that kinect 2.0 is costing just as much as the xbone to produce and that is the reason MS is forcing it on us. They're scared that kinect 2.0 won't be big enough success on its on if they sell it separately.
    yessir I read that without kinect 2.0 the x1 would cost around $250

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Yep, so theyre passing the cost onto their customers.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep, so theyre passing the cost onto their customers.
    yea but damn I didnt expect it to be that expensive! I get that it's suppose to be good but $#@! it's a lot of money for a camera

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by AMG44 View Post
    Thanks for the insight. Didn't think about normal hackers getting into the system. That def can be problematic.
    Now, just to be fair, I'm not aware that this has happened for the original connect. I DO know there's a Windows Developer kit for Kinect though and I assume there will be for Kinect 2.0. Especially since Xbox One will be running a Windows 8 kernel though, it's something I worry about. I'm sure that hackers can come up with some really cool uses for the Kinect 2.0 as well but it only takes one nutbag to ruin things for a lot of users. Just my own personal concern where this technology, and especially Microsoft (!!) are concerned.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    yea but damn I didnt expect it to be that expensive! I get that it's suppose to be good but $#@! it's a lot of money for a camera
    Yep, especially for a camera that I have no interest in.

Thread Information