Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83

Do you plan on getting an Xbox One eventually? Or will you never get one?

Just curious the amount of you if any are considering getting an Xbox One in the future.
    Or are you getting it day one along with your PS4?
    I myself have a launch edition PS4 along with,
    an extra controller, camera, Killzone: SF, Assassins Creed, and Watch Dogs.
    I may pre order Knack and I will definitely be getting Second Son when it has an official release date.

Basically I'm just curious what all us Sony fans are planning for there future in gaming for the next 5 to 10 years.
    I myself will not be getting an Xbox One, mostly because of how MS does business and I refuse to support such a company. The console itself should be a nice one, just not as nice as Sony's.

PS: for those of you who know your computers, I have a MSI GT60 laptop with a GTX680m inside and am wondering how long will that card will be good or up to date? Or is it already a $#@!ty card. I been able to run everything I've played so far maxed out, but I know with this next gen of consoles graphics cards will most likely get a jump in power and performance pretty soon. Or am I wrong in assuming this?
    Thanks.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    Maybe but not anytime soon. I purchased an Xbox 360 in June '06 and enjoyed it briefly, but once the PS3 began picking up steam, I started neglecting the 360 and eventually sold it in '09.

I'm a big PlayStation fan so it's difficult for me to support another platform. I don't really want to pay to play online on two different platforms (XBL and PS+) either.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If they drop having to pay to play online they'll win me over. But they won't so no.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Just curious the amount of you if any are considering getting an Xbox One in the future.
    I may pre order Knack and I will definitely be getting Second Son when it has an official release date.

Basically I'm just curious what all us Sony fans are planning for there future in gaming for the next 5 to 10 years.
    I myself will not be getting an Xbox One, mostly because of how MS does business and I refuse to support such a company. The console itself should be a nice one, just not as nice as Sony's.

PS: for those of you who know your computers, I have a MSI GT60 laptop with a GTX680m inside and am wondering how long will that card will be good or up to date? Or is it already a $#@!ty card. I been able to run everything I've played so far maxed out, but I know with this next gen of consoles graphics cards will most likely get a jump in power and performance pretty soon. Or am I wrong in assuming this?
    Thanks.
    Yes, getting the XBO, unless something changes. That laptop will be fine for quite a while. Definitely not a $#@!ty card, and it won't be for a couple more years at least. My five year old lappy with an 8800GTS in it still plays all my games just fine.

Administrator
    Probably just going to mooch off my friend's when he gets it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    Preordered mine from GameStop with Forza 5... Basically paying $600 for 1 game but plan on getting more exclusives as time goes by. Also think that if I don't like it I can sell asap and get majority of my $ back..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Selected Members Council
    Nope. 2014 is more about the PlayStation 4 and Wii U for me.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    The xbone would strictly be an exclusive only console for me. I'll be playing my multiplats on the ps4. I don't too much trust MS to continue the AAA exclusive/new i.p support. I've seen how the 360 started off and ended.

I may get one years from now if I like what I'm seeing as far as MS exclusive support goes. $299 is the max price I'll pay for one.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Probably just going to mooch off my friend's when he gets it.
    That's how I did with the 360. I played my cousin's.

Sadly, I know no one that's buying a xbone.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 07-13-2013 at 22:03.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    I will never get an Xbox One. I don't need more than one console in a generation.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 970 GTX | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Nope. PS4 is all I'm going to need.

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    I'm a one console kind of guy, last gen it was Xbox, the gen before was PS2 and so on... I'll stick with PS4.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    If they drop having to pay to play online they'll win me over. But they won't so no.

I understand why you and a lot of people feel this way, but you have to understand that for Sony to make PSN better than XBL they need revenue to put back into the service.
    It is definitely an inconvenience, but will make the overall PSN experience much much better in the future.
    Last edited by TEST SUBJECT 83; 07-13-2013 at 22:22.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    I'm a one console kind of guy, last gen it was Xbox, the gen before was PS2 and so on... I'll stick with PS4.
    Similar story for me. PS2, Xbox 360, PS4.. (I do own all consoles but I only really put a lot of time in to one system a gen)

I do have an Xbox One pre-ordered but I'm still very much undecided on whether I'm keeping it or making huge profit on eBay when the Day One Edition runs empty in stores.

I seem to change my mind by the hour as to whether or not I want to keep it lol

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Thanks for your replies.
    I pretty much feel the same as most of you.
    One console is enough for now. I would only get the One for exclusives, I just can't see myself paying for two online services.

PSN ID
    shingi70
    Going to get a PS4/Vita this year and probably a Wii U ince Mario kart hits.

Probably going to wait to spring 2015 to get the xbox one.

Sucks as I really want to play Killer Instinct

PSN ID
    chaos-badboy94
    I'm getting the PS4 whereas my brother is getting the Xbox One, so I'll use his for the Exclusives.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Sucks as I really want to play Killer Instinct
    That's funny... that game is the main reason my buddy is getting one.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I've changed my mind after what I just read. I'm not buying a xbone at all due to kinects added cost and it being forced on me.

Veteran
    I'll probably just stick to the PS4 along with Wii u and/or 3DS.

No Xbox for me.

Superior Member

I thought about it before the announcement. Now I will never get one. They have no vision for the console. They don't know what they want it to be and have nothing special about it to make me want to own two consoles. Anything that could have differentiated it from the PS4 (good or bad) they have stripped away. Now all they have is a XBOX360 part two. It doesn't shoot for high end gaming or graphics (they said this themselves) and I REALLY DON'T NEED A MEDIA BOX. It doesn't do anything especially well. As for the games...I never liked HALO and while there are a few games like Alan Wake that appear entertaining they aren't enough for me to buy a whole console when I have loads of games on my PS3 and soon PS4 that I want to play just as much. Games and price are what sell consoles. These features are too few in difference the experience outside of the games won't be enough to justify one over another. PS4 is cheaper and has the games I love and support a wider array of genres so I will stay PS loyal. MS had a chance to sell me on the X1 and failed. No surprise really. I've stopped using windows years ago and haven't had a MS product in probably a decade. They piss me off with their terrible support and crappy builds and terrible features and no wonder the X1 sucked when it released...they have no vision.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post

Thanks.
    no. not getting an Xbox one. I have enough things in my life the government can spy thru
    ok ok that was a harsh joke. but seriously I'm not a big fan of xbox's so I'll stick with my ps4

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I thought about it before the announcement. Now I will never get one. They have no vision for the console. They don't know what they want it to be and have nothing special about it to make me want to own two consoles. Anything that could have differentiated it from the PS4 (good or bad) they have stripped away. Now all they have is a XBOX360 part two. It doesn't shoot for high end gaming or graphics (they said this themselves) and I REALLY DON'T NEED A MEDIA BOX. It doesn't do anything especially well. As for the games...I never liked HALO and while there are a few games like Alan Wake that appear entertaining they aren't enough for me to buy a whole console when I have loads of games on my PS3 and soon PS4 that I want to play just as much. Games and price are what sell consoles. These features are too few in difference the experience outside of the games won't be enough to justify one over another. PS4 is cheaper and has the games I love and support a wider array of genres so I will stay PS loyal. MS had a chance to sell me on the X1 and failed. No surprise really. I've stopped using windows years ago and haven't had a MS product in probably a decade. They piss me off with their terrible support and crappy builds and terrible features and no wonder the X1 sucked when it released...they have no vision.
    I agree with you completely.

Flaw3d Genius
    Got 2 Xbox One's pre oredered to sell however i think now i might keep one. I just cannot see life without Xbox Live!

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    I'll get the XB1 once it's $399 and that camera is made optional. The games look great, I'm not denying that. It's all the other stuff that has turned me off about the console. It went from being a launch unit to a later down the line unit for me.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Short and sweet? Hell no.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Thread Information