Dedicated Member

PlanetSide 2 - Get Ready

I'm going to let everyone else fill this in.
    Have you played PlanetSide 2 on PC?
    It's going to be Free2Play on PS4 day one.

What are your thoughts?

I think it could quickly become the Killer App.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Sony has done a piss poor job promoting the free to play exclusive launch titles they are going to have.

Planetside 2 and Warframes are things that would help set them apart from the XB1 launch list.

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Sony has done a piss poor job promoting the free to play exclusive launch titles they are going to have.
    This. They should be better to promote these games, why not put Planetside 2 preloaded on the PS4s HDD, so that theres a chance people will know about it.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Planetside 2 should have been up at their E3 press conference. Instead they spent their time fellating Ubisoft.

Flaw3d Genius
    Never heard of it, Checked it out...Not my thing. Got very good reviews though so should be a treat for sci fi heads.

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice

Planetside 2 and Warframes are things that would help set them apart from the XB1 launch list.
    Exactly.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    Exactly.
    Just a minute here! didn't they show those games at E3 on the show floor but didn't announce days later on a PS E3show (livecast) on aired on youtube, that they were F2P PS4 games, there are 5 games so far that are F2P an yes I think they did announce it on the floor an on youtube if I recall but I think promoting them should get underway for push out some eyes on what SONY are delivering is for gamers. no word or show on F2P DC Universe I don't think its ready.
    Last edited by nextgen3; 07-14-2013 at 20:12.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Never heard of it, Checked it out...Not my thing. Got very good reviews though so should be a treat for sci fi heads.
    F2P games evolve all the time. Planetside 2 has become a much better game since launch (and reviews went live).

F2P developers have the luxury of a constant revenue stream and as such, take time to listen to what their community want from the game.
    Dust 514, Warframe, Planetside 2 - all have moved so far from what they once started off as (reviews do them no justice at this point)

Warframe has a suit made by its members (founders)
    Planetside 2 have a voting system for what the devs should work on
    Dust 514 only just started a planetside 2 type update

indeed, 2000 player online battles would've been quite the marketing line
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 07-14-2013 at 20:12.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Member
    Warframe

Blacklight Retribution

Warthunder

DC Universe

Planetside2

Veteran
    They don't spend plenty of time marketing F2P games because most people are not ready for them, like myself, I honestly don't care about a game which I'll get for free but will have to spend money every time I want a new weapon or something like that, micro-transaction should be left for $#@!ty social games like Farmville, Candy Crush, stuff like that.

I mean look at Dust 514, is not horrible but it's not good.

11. Likes DarkNemesis likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    Based on personal experience, I can assure anyone that hasn't played a Planetside title yet....you are in for a real treat!

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    They don't spend plenty of time marketing F2P games because most people are not ready for them, like myself, I honestly don't care about a game which I'll get for free but will have to spend money every time I want a new weapon or something like that, micro-transaction should be left for $#@!ty social games like Farmville, Candy Crush, stuff like that.

You haven't played very many free-to-play games then. More of them are now having "additions" that help you progress quicker but they aren't needed to complete the game. DC Universe for example. You can reach max level without having to pay for anything.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Gonna be DCUO on PS4 too. Man, there are going to be loads of games for me to play at launch... most of them being free. Sweeeeeeet.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    You haven't played very many free-to-play games then. More of them are now having "additions" that help you progress quicker but they aren't needed to complete the game. DC Universe for example. You can reach max level without having to pay for anything.
    You're right, I haven't. I tried DCUO on PS3 and I didn't like it either. Gave Tekken Revolution a shot last week but is not that I don't like it, it's just that whole F2P but Pay to get stuff system that I do not enjoy.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    I've never played Planetside, but if it's anything like the PC Version described, It should be good. Especially with the huge maps on the computer.

And as long as there's no play to win, I'm definitely going to play this longterm.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Gonna be DCUO on PS4 too. Man, there are going to be loads of games for me to play at launch... most of them being free. Sweeeeeeet.
    Yep, I'm going to be playing 4 games on launch day and 3 of them are free. lol

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post

....You don't have to spend money in Dust 514. Nor will you have to in Warframe or Planetside.

Spending money only helps you progress faster. There's nothing in the game you can't get through just grinding to get in game currency.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Do they stay free or are you forced to shell out to be competitive? I quite like the idea of F2P but only if EVERYONE is on a level playing field.

Superior Member
    Do they stay free or are you forced to shell out to be competitive? I quite like the idea of F2P but only if EVERYONE is on a level playing field.
    In DCUO the currency that is used to buy higher level gear you get for doing PVP matches if I'm remembering correctly (it's been a while since I've played). The more matches you play the more currency you'll receive thus the better armor. So it's basically the people who play the most have the best gear.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Veteran
    ....You don't have to spend money in Dust 514. Nor will you have to in Warframe or Planetside.

Spending money only helps you progress faster. There's nothing in the game you can't get through just grinding to get in game currency.
    I thought you did need money to complete, this news to me thanks and even though I'm not a huge fan of this kind of games I checked that Planetside 2 video and it looks amazing, oh and 2000 players? wow!

Super Elite
    Its awesome that Sony is doing all this but, thru my experience this gen, the downside I see is that Sony having so many exclusives along with the same third party games offering online gameplay. The online community will be split up in so many directions that some will wither away and die.

Planetside too me seems like its my cup of tea, and will give me a grander bigger experience of the time I enjoyed playing MAG 256 type battles. Which is a perfect example of an online game that is barely kept alive by a few hardcore gamers. It was fun playing those huge maps, and having dozens of target practices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Flaw3d Genius
    This game is now getting advertised non stop on UK TV!!

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This game is now getting advertised non stop on UK TV!!
    What, Sony actually advertising? Great news, this game deserves it. Does it say anything about being on PS4 too?
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Thread Information