Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    because there's no good comparison yet.
    Yup, maybe we will have something to talk about then huh

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Ps2 did dominate in terms of sales...power wise, the xbox had the advantage...not that it made a difference..bit slab of a $#@!in thing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Goes to show...it's all about the games.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    I'll agree simply because DICE is known to treat multiplats like exclusives by not simply lazily porting, and actually trying to utilize as much of each platforms power as possible. Though, the systems are still updating their SDKs, so it won't be as good a test as it would be if it was DICE's 2nd or 3rd game on both platforms, but still a good test.
    BF3 was horrible on the PS3 at release compared to the PC and the 360, same goes for BF:BC.

I don't have much faith in DiCE or EA for that matter when it comes to the PS3, hopefully the PS4 will be a different story.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    BF3 was horrible on the PS3 at release compared to the PC and the 360, same goes for BF:BC.

I don't have much faith in DiCE or EA for that matter when it comes to the PS3, hopefully the PS4 will be a different story.
    That being said, I'm still looking forward to Mirrors Edge 2.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Huh? Pretty sure it was better than the 360 version.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Huh? Pretty sure it was better than the 360 version.
    That is what I thought I read too.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style

Considering its very easy to transfer from pc to ps4 I would be surprised if there's any real issues with it.

Thank you itachi

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    well yea I was about to say with that guys post about the ps2 dominating sales but the Xbox havig more power, wouldn't that debunk everything that's said about the ps4 havig advantages over the x1 because of it's raw power?

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    well yea I was about to say with that guys post about the ps2 dominating sales but the Xbox havig more power, wouldn't that debunk everything that's said about the ps4 havig advantages over the x1 because of it's raw power?
    The PS2 and Xbox were still close enough in power, PS3 and 360 close enough, and X1 and PS4 are close enough that it's not really going to make much difference anyway. It will again come down to the games.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    The PS2 and Xbox were still close enough in power, PS3 and 360 close enough, and X1 and PS4 are close enough that it's not really going to make much difference anyway. It will again come down to the games.
    Yes it will. I haven't seen a big difference in the graphics yet. They both have impressive looking games.

11. Likes Foraeli likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    edit:didn't mean to quote.

Ps4 has games also. And they hold the power advantage AND the price advantage. The power difference is there(and it's a bigger gap than with the 360/ps3) but I don't ever recall the cheaper console being stronger.

It's the combination of those 3 that's making the ps4 shine.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 07-20-2013 at 18:24.

13. Likes Omar likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    BF3 was horrible on the PS3 at release compared to the PC and the 360, same goes for BF:BC. I don't have much faith in DiCE or EA for that matter when it comes to the PS3, hopefully the PS4 will be a different story.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-battlefield-3 and http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...arison-gallery

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    The narrative here on these boards had me thinking it would be xbox vs ps2 type difference. File that under:

#$#@!I'mNotSeeing

First xbox trounced ps2 in all aspects regarding power. It seems like one line didn't want to be parallel to that generation and veered the $#@! off. At least that's the way it seems.

The storyboard does not match the narrative, what the hell is going on.

Thems the breaks.
    why can't you just post something that simple people like myself can understand?

PS has always had more games.
    not sure where you're getting this information. BF:BC for sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    Xbox had more power but did not have enough of developer support to truly utilize that power (some did though, like Bungie).
    The PS2 and Xbox were still close enough in power,
    No they weren't.
    PS3 and 360 close enough,
    and X1 and PS4 are close enough that it's not really going to make much difference anyway.
    wrong.
    It will again come down to the games.
    always has been about games. games trump everything but there has to be a big difference first, in numbers and quality. but overall games are the biggest factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I haven't seen a big difference in the graphics yet. They both have impressive looking games.
    there's no clear comparison yet.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Yeah, I remember their slide show way back that showed how deeply they were delving into the PS3's SPUs in a manner you'd expect 1st party exclusive devs to do. I also didn't remember hearing anything about the 360 version of BF3 blowing the PS3 version out the water. The 360 version couldn't even afford motion blurr.

Below is a quote taken from this 2 page comparison:

"Conclusion: This was a pretty close comparison overall. Loading was nearly identical between versions with rather short times overall and performance ended in a tie as both versions tore rather bad, despite a smooth frame rate. What did make a difference here was the visuals. Both versions pulled their own cards from under their sleeve, but when it came to the overall number of advantages it was the PS3 version that had the deck stacked in the end. Noticeable Anti Aliasing advantages, extra post processing effects, and the lack of Z-fighting far out weigh a very minor texture disadvantage and equally minor texture streaming issue. All in all, the PS3 version pulls through with a win on one of this years most anticipated games this Holiday season."

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    The ps4 is already being held back in the multiplatform area. And no, that's a not a twist of words...

Simon O'Connor did point out that Reflections considers its work on The Crew to end up being much more than a simple, feature-complete port. This is an opportunity to explore what the new hardware is available of, and there's a sense that the PlayStation 4's graphics hardware is not being fully exploited.

"The PS4's GPU is very programmable. There's a lot of power in there that we're just not using yet. So what we want to do are some PS4-specific things for our rendering but within reason - it's a cross-platform game so we can't do too much that's PS4-specific," he reveals.

"There are two things we want to look into: asynchronous compute where we can actually run compute jobs in parallel... We [also] have low-level access to the fragment-processing hardware which allows us to do some quite interesting things with anti-aliasing and a few other effects."
    I can't wait for devs to not disregard its extra power.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-playstation-4

18. Likes TheBreezyBB likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    Yeah, I remember their slide show way back that showed how deeply they were delving into the PS3's SPUs in a manner you'd expect 1st party exclusive devs to do. I also didn't remember hearing anything about the 360 version of BF3 blowing the PS3 version out the water. The 360 version couldn't even afford motion blurr. Below is a quote taken from this 2 page comparison: "Conclusion: This was a pretty close comparison overall. Loading was nearly identical between versions with rather short times overall and performance ended in a tie as both versions tore rather bad, despite a smooth frame rate. What did make a difference here was the visuals. Both versions pulled their own cards from under their sleeve, but when it came to the overall number of advantages it was the PS3 version that had the deck stacked in the end. Noticeable Anti Aliasing advantages, extra post processing effects, and the lack of Z-fighting far out weigh a very minor texture disadvantage and equally minor texture streaming issue. All in all, the PS3 version pulls through with a win on one of this years most anticipated games this Holiday season."
    Yep exactly. So basically the PS3 version was better.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    ok so that's why u always make the argument about exclusives. now I understand you.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Cloud power has come to light as being bull$#@! and will not level the playing field in terms of graphics. In that case...it's all about DEM GAMEZ....lol.

Lets see what defense mechanism is used next when the pool of hardcore games they have promised dry up in a couple years. I see them doing nothing different this gen. They abandoned their hardcore fanbase mid way through and expected 3rd party devs to fit the bill. It'll be the same this gen. They'll be too busy trying to please television watchers and pre-school gamers instead of catering to the early adopters...the hardcore gamers.
    Last edited by unicron7; 07-20-2013 at 19:11.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Cloud power has come to light as being bull$#@! and will not level the playing field in terms of graphics. In that case...it's all about DEM GAMEZ....lol. Lets see what defense mechanism is used next when the pool of hardcore games they have promised dry up in a couple years. I see them doing nothing different this gen. They abandoned their hardcore fanbase mid way through and expected 3rd party devs to fit the bill. It'll be the same this gen. They'll be too busy trying to please television watchers and pre-school gamers instead of catering to the early adopters...the hardcore gamers.
    Very true and I think thats the reason Kinect is being made mandatory this time around.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Yes it will. I haven't seen a big difference in the graphics yet. They both have impressive looking games.
    Indeed. Even though the X1 has the better line up (IMO), they are both set with awesome games.

PS has always had more games.
    Until this current gen.

No they weren't.
    Yeah.

wrong.
    Nah.

Forum Overseer

Until this current gen.
    based on...
    Yeah.
    yea if you don't know how to read specs. not only it was much more powerful, it was easier to develop for too.
    Nah.
    you don't have a basis for this.

Soldier 95B
    based on...
    According to Xbox.com/games, the Xbox 360 has 4776 games. I can't find the number for the PS3, but I would guess it is less than half that.

edit: http://us.playstation.com/ps-product...beginsWith=Any

PS has 1520 assuming the site is accurate.

yea if you don't know how to read specs.
    I do.

you don't have a basis for this.
    So when a developer says the difference is not worth noting, there is no basis?

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/489.html

Regarding the power difference of the PS4 and Xbox One:

“The difference is small, and I don’t really need to worry about it.”
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 07-20-2013 at 20:52.

26. Likes Foraeli likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Kojima is a smart developer, and they speak the truth. The fact that no one here can tell the visual difference between Forza 5 and Driveclub is very telling of this as well.

Forum Overseer

it's like arguing about the same thing over ang over again. peace.

Soldier 95B
    peace.

30. Likes Omar likes this post

Thread Information