Latest PSU headlines:

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 616 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    this is a thread about graphics. not types of games. The stronger console will show off better graphics.
    A stronger console is just that. The graphics and vision of the game still goes back to the devs.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-21-2013 at 23:00.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    IMO, BF4 will how which console has more oomph right ot of the gate. DICE wen. The extra mile with the PS3 version of BF3, and I'm betting that if the PS4 has more graphical prowess,DICE will utilize it.

Superior Member
    This is shaping to be a long generation model for Microsoft. Despite the specs and possible flaws of both consloes, looks like developers will exploit what's easiest and more powerful which seems to be the PS4 this gen. Sony is making things to damn easy for developers this gen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Sage
    It's gonna come down to the games and services just like before. The masses aren't gonna run out and buy a console based on just power. If that were the case then everyone would be gaming on PCs.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    IMO, BF4 will how which console has more oomph right ot of the gate. DICE wen. The extra mile with the PS3 version of BF3, and I'm betting that if the PS4 has more graphical prowess,DICE will utilize it.
    Yep been saying for ages now B4 will have the quick answers. (didnt realise B3 was better on PS3, How'd i miss that one)

Forum Elder
    Which is one thing every gamer should remember.

MS abandoned it's customer base to focus on kinect the last few years.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    lol yea and to my knowledge, i think the CPU is faster too...pretty much faster in all categories except maybe the GDDR5's latency but then that's a whole different issue and both Xbox and PS4 have their own way to deal with it.
    ok thanks. but cerny has already describe the steps they took to make the latency of the gddr5 not a problem

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    A stronger console is just that. The graphics and vision of the game still goes back to the devs.
    I'm quite sure you've seen the quote from the developers of The Crew where they talk about the ps4 being held back due to the xbone. It's certainly not being held back due to the pc. So there's no way you can say people are spinning words.

Master Guru
    Good to hear

Forum Sage
    I'm quite sure you've seen the quote from the developers of The Crew where they talk about the ps4 being held back due to the xbone. It's certainly not being held back due to the pc. So there's no way you can say people are spinning words.
    Even if that's true it's still on the devs. If they want to show superiority of a version no one is stopping them from doing that.

Extreme Poster
    It's gonna come down to the games and services just like before. The masses aren't gonna run out and buy a console based on just power. If that were the case then everyone would be gaming on PCs.
    everything is a factor. you can't say that only games are. obviously services were a factor with MS' success this generation.

price is as well. so is power, so is accessibility (something PS3 lacked). plenty of things are factors but overall it boils down to that if you don't have the games, you're going to suffer. Both MS and Sony had games this generation, Sony had a little more but not enough to really do much damage.

bottom line, power is a factor.

Even if that's true it's still on the devs. If they want to show superiority of a version no one is stopping them from doing that.
    certain things you can't do in multiplats.

Superior Member

VERY TRUE! They will run out and buy a console that is $100 cheaper and has more power! Price is a HUGE factor!! When multi-plats look better on one console and its a cheaper console...and that console has a bigger library of games (Gaikai) and a stronger larger 1st party studio and as of all we have heard a lead in market share from their presales...and a larger and better distribution channel worldwide....that will be what people will notice.

I'm not going to say MS doesn't have a chance...they have a console plenty powerful enough to run their games.....definately a console with enough flexibility to allow them to do a whole SLEW of possibilities of multi-tasking and innovative things and the most important is that they have enough money to purchase any title they want and make it exclusive...so they have options and will be a solid competitor...but unless they hit lightening in a bottle and make some incrediblely great business choices and pull out some new 1st party titles that gamers can't live without....people will choose the cheaper, more powerful, game console..PS4. We all saw what price can do in a depressed economy...and PS4 has that advantage that 360 had last gen....and they aren't starting out playing from behind with all the kids trying to convince them NOT to get what their friends have....the PS4 is the choice and x1 will be playing catch up it seems....and without any power or graphic advantages....they will need to innovate and show some really great games.
    Last edited by davin_g; 07-21-2013 at 23:52.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Which is one thing every gamer should remember. MS abandoned it's customer base to focus on kinect the last few years. Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep, and with that in mind now MS has made Kinect mandatory. I see MS doing the same thing with XBone that they did with the 360 in the long term.

Forum Sage
    everything is a factor. you can't say that only games are. obviously services were a factor with MS' success this generation.

price is as well. so is power, so is accessibility (something PS3 lacked). plenty of things are factors but overall it boils down to that if you don't have the games, you're going to suffer. Both MS and Sony had games this generation, Sony had a little more but not enough to really do much damage.

bottom line, power is a factor.

certain things you can't do in multiplats.
    of course power is a factor.
    The bottom line is both consoles are capable of great graphics. That's a given. What's inside them matters but the gap in graphical output isn't gonna be as substantial as people are thinking. It's not like PS4 games will look like they are a gen ahead. At the end of the day, most people don't care if xbox-one or ps4 is the most powerful. That's not why the masses will go out and buy the consoles. It's about the game that they want to play whether they look great or not.

Extreme Poster
    The bottom line is both consoles are capable of great graphics. That's a given. What's inside them matters but the gap in graphical output isn't gonna be as substantial as people are thinking. It's not like PS4 games will look like they are a gen ahead. At the end of the day, most people don't care if xbox-one or ps4 is the most powerful. That's not why the masses will go out and buy the consoles. It's about the game that they want to play whether they look great or not.
    i just can't win from you, can i lol.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Triangles maybe prettier, buy the ploy count wont.

The 360 could render faster and push more polys through per second.

Untill some one confirms the actual clock speed of the PS4 gpu is higher than reported. It will be capable of prettier imagine but same poly count, same assets as xbox one.

I expect better AA and some texture effects on the PS4, but anyone talking faster framerates doesnt understand how a GPU works.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-22-2013 at 00:01.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

17. Likes Foraeli likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    i don't think anyone cares about that.

19. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Nobody is $#@!ing saying the difference in graphics will be a gen ahead. It's going to be bigger than the difference in the ps3/360 era though.

We all know why you are putting up a useless fight. Sony holds all the advantages this time. MS doesn't hold a thing.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    You know what they say. Comparing clock speeds is comparing apples to oranges because they are architecturally different RAMs.
    Well, you keep having fun with that. To be frank, I thought you were going to point out the paired 16 bit controllers (32-bit effective) as being some kind of drawback. I guess you "schooled" me, though. Good job, sparky.
    *golf clap*

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    VERY TRUE! They will run out and buy a console that is $100 cheaper and has more power! When multi-plats look better on one console and its a cheaper console...and that console has a bigger library of games (Gaikai) and a stronger larger 1st party studio and as of all we have heard a lead in market share from their presales...and a larger and better distribution channel worldwide....that will be what people will notice.

I'm not going to say MS doesn't have a chance...they have a console plenty powerful enough to run their games.....definately a console with enough flexibility to allow them to do a whole SLEW of possibilities of multi-tasking and innovative things and the most important is that they have enough money to purchase any title they want and make it exclusive...so they have options and will be a solid competitor...but unless they hit lightening in a bottle and make some incrediblely great business choices and pull out some new 1st party titles that gamers can't live without....people will choose the cheaper, more powerful, game console..PS4. We all saw what price can do in a depressed economy...and PS4 has that advantage that 360 had last gen....and they aren't starting out playing from behind with all the kids trying to convince them NOT to get what their friends have....the PS4 is the choice and x1 will be playing catch up it seems....and without any power or graphic advantages....they will need to innovate and show some really great games.
    Yes. Really, all of these advantages that we're perceiving right now based on the known specs and info at this time will really matter mostly only to the hardcore gamers like us. I mean if Assassin's Creed has some additional weather effects on the PS4 that aren't on the XB1 like the devs are saying right now, it matters pretty much only to us tech geeks and hardcore gamers. The average 'Joe' that buys a console isn't going to notice that much.

It's not like there's a HUGE difference between the systems graphically like there has been in the past. Even if it comes down to games being in a lower internal resolution on one console or the other or versions of games that are 60fps on one console and 30fps on the other, that won't matter too much to the average consumer. Sure, some consumers who do research before buying might be influenced by that but it won't affect the average parents buying a console for their kids at Christmas. What WILL influence those buyers is price number one, and then anything great they see via advertising.

MS by their own admission didn't target the highest end specs. They are not specifically targeting the hardcore gamer. They are going to advertise like CRAZY, I think (read they have $1 billion set aside for advertising) and they are going to be trying to reach the "average" consumer and draw in the casual crowd with their TV integration and Kinect 2.0 features as the PRIMARY seller for this box. They are trying to make the XB1 the next Wii where tons of households want one because it's "cool" with the TV features and Kinect. As I said, a lot of those consumers won't care if games technically look and run better on the PS4. They will be responding to the marketing.

Microsoft's challenge is to advertise all that in a way that the average consumer bites and overlooks the fact that "the other" game console has some of the same features but more importantly is $100 LESS. That's a challenge to be sure. MS will be marketing to people that are NOT their current consumers with the 360 for the most part. They've already said they are competing more against companies like Apple and Samsung and the like. That's what is throwing their current, loyal 360 customers and I can't blame them. But that's what it is. It's a complete shift by MS. Of course, they began that shift a couple of years ago, but those loyal 360 folk overlooked that. In part because they didn't hear a lot of complaint from their users base when they did that years ago, MS is forging ahead and this time they've completely oriented their hardware towards that new audience. It just remains to be seen if that shift and gamble will pay off.

Sony on the other hand, learned a painful lesson with the PS3. They had a great product, but it was too expensive to start and so difficult for developers that developers started PREFERRING to lead on the MS product. It also resulted in titles not showing any superiority for the PS3 hardware until midway thru late in the generation. As a large result of all of this combined, Sony saw some erosion of their user base as many of their previous customers went to MS where the titles they wanted ran better.

This generation, some of that user base may well go back to Sony. The point is that that's ok with MS. They are focusing again on the more casual market and the families. If they are successful, they may end up with the next Wii and sell TONS to the average household and that's what they are trying to do. Again, that market won't care of there are some performance differences. If MS is able to sell 100 million or more consoles during this generation, they will have done what they set out to do. If however, that doesn't work and they lose portions of their "hardcore" customers as well, they will simply have to reset much like Sony did and adjust their strategy for the next generation.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I expect better AA and some texture effects on the PS4, but anyone talking faster framerates doesnt understand how a GPU works.
    are you sure about that?

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Terror View Post
    Ahhh , Soldier 95b the disinformation agent of Xbone. Has almost side tracked this thread on Sony's advantage in power , to sow doubt in the minds of the uninformed and fence sitters on which console to buy, based on raw horsepower and efficiency.
    This tread is about the graphical advantage developers say PS4 has over Xbone. Not games, not XB360 or PS3.
    So, come on Soldier 95b say it with me,post the quote below. You can do it, the truth will set you free.
    "The PS4 is the worlds most powerful gaming console."
    We thank you for your time

Soldier, how you gonna get hate from a dude on his first post?
    First post under that name

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    The cloud - This changes everything. LMAO!
    LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Forum Sage
    Nobody is $#@!ing saying the difference in graphics will be a gen ahead. It's going to be bigger than the difference in the ps3/360 era though.

We all know why you are putting up a useless fight. Sony holds all the advantages this time. MS doesn't hold a thing.
    I'm not putting up a fight. i'm just telling it like it is. Here is what i do know though. 99% of the people here don't know jack $#@! about what's inside of both these consoles and how they actually work for games. It all boils down to what you want to believe right now. A dev says that ps4 graphics will beat xbox-one's. Those who probably prefer ps4 will most likely believe that, but at the same time a dev says the cloud is being used to enhance games on xbox-one and those who prefer that will believe it. It's still gonna come down to what people want to play and what they prefer. It's always been that way. If power advantages mattered that much then vita would be killing the 3ds but it's not and we all know why.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    are you sure about that?
    LOL, yeah, higher framerates is exactly one of the specific things you can expect from a more powerful GPU. It's even one of the first main examples given by devs of what could end up happening on the first slew of multiplats for next gen, some could end up running at 60fps on PS4 while running at 30fps on Xbone. If they decide to use ALL the extra power to pretty up the effects and add more AA and better draw distance and all sorts of things like that, then it could be the same fps. But, a more straight port, yes, FPS is one of the first things you can expect to be higher on the stronger GPU.

27. Likes Omar likes this post
    Elite Sage
    I'm not putting up a fight. i'm just telling it like it is. Here is what i do know though. 99% of the people here don't know jack $#@! about what's inside of both these consoles and how they actually work for games. It all boils down to what you want to believe right now. A dev says that ps4 graphics will beat xbox-one's. Those who probably prefer ps4 will most likely believe that, but at the same time a dev says the cloud is being used to enhance games on xbox-one and those who prefer that will believe it. It's still gonna come down to what people want to play and what they prefer. It's always been that way. If power advantages mattered that much then vita would be killing the 3ds but it's not and we all know why.
    excuses excuses excuses.

Take a look at what the thread is about. GRAPHICS. You keep trying to sway the topic. There's no shame in admitting the ps4 is stronger than your console of choice. That's what it boils down to. When you bring up those other things "that matter most", Sony still holds the advantages.

Thread Information