Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    The PS4 will be a beast power wise but i think the Xbox One is going to be right there with it. With the power of the cloud anything is possible for the One.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    it's a rumor but probably true.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    omg rad not a other link thread

anyways alot of those developer says story's are so pointless they never give out any good news

Ultimate Veteran
    Third party games will look better on the PS4 then xbone1

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Not many people could see the difference between Agni's Philosophy and the PS4 Sorcerer tech demo. So I doubt anyone will really see a difference between the Xbox One and Playstation 4.
    I don't see the correlation. Agni's was running on HIGH END PC. If you're gonna make comparison between PS4 and X1, at least compare the PS4 games with games (or tech demos) that actually ran on the X1.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

6. Likes KungMartin90 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    Forza 5 is using canned lighting, and isn't an "open world" type racer that DC appears to be. That being said, Forza 5 still looks pretty darn good. And the other 60fps game was Killer Instinct. Fighting games are very simplistic compared other game types, so you bet your ass it better be running at 60fps. What we should take from all of these comparisons, is that NONE of these games that DF or Eurogamer have compared are FINISHED, nor are they comparing the SAME GAME on one machine to the other.
    forza 5 looks graphically better to me than drive club and is locked at 1080p60. Both games aren't finished but drive club wont end up being 60 fps when finally done, it will remain 30 fps (1080p30 is the target). being open world doesnt take away from the fact that the graphics and FR are looking better in forza 5. imo, drive club wasn't the launch racer to showcase ps4's power. evolution shouldve done a next gen motorstorm instead.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    "These comments align with Jack Trettonís comments of the PS4 housing the best looking software. We reported last week that Tretton believes the PS4 is the most power console --*full story here.In addition to praising the PS4ís power, Tretton also encouraged people to ask third-party developers which platform is best. Moreover, he wants people to compare multiplatform games side-by-side because he is certain the PS4 will have the best visuals."

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    If I wasn't already getting a PS4, that guy would easily talk me into getting one.

Wish MS had someone like him.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    the difference is going to be very minimal, i dont believe anyone saying ps4 versions will look 'noticeably better' than xbox or vice versa. so far in the exclusives shown for each console, the xbox seems to be pushing more games at 60 fps. for eg., forza 5 is doing 60 fps whereas drive club is stuck at 30 fps i believe.
    You saying the difference will be minimal holds just as much/little water as someone saying that the difference between the 2 consoles is very noticeable.

Until both consoles are released we wont really know.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    You saying the difference will be minimal holds just as much/little water as someone saying that the difference between the 2 consoles is very noticeable.

Until both consoles are released we wont really know.
    well, not really. there's no basis for what this guy's saying. there is definitely basis for the other argument that we will see a varied difference.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    well, not really. there's no basis for what this guy's saying. there is definitely basis for the other argument that we will see a varied difference.
    Well, i don't really think an "unnamed developers" comment holds that much water, i have no doubt the PS4 will be faster, i'm just saying... that guy... can be anyone.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

Forum Overseer
    not even talking about the unnamed developer. if you want to talk about developer's opinions then there are plenty of them out there making bold statements.

however, logically and mathematically, the PS4 is likely going to be significantly more powerful. if there's something we don't understand then it may not turn out to be a significant difference but I just don't believe that you can overcome raw power that easily, there should still be a good amount of difference.

so not only it's significantly more powerful on paper, it is much more efficient and straightforward too...so there shouldn't be anything that would hold off that power like we saw with the PS3. not to mention, anything Xbox One is trying to bring with its helpers is likely going to be negated by PS4's dedicated chips that will reduce overhead by a significant amount.

any way you look at it, all evidence suggests that PS4 is going to be noticeably more powerful. and let's not forget, we still need to know how much One will use for its 3 OSs. As of now, the rumor is 3GB...if that's true then there's another significant hit that the One will have as opposed to the PS4's faster 7GB RAM available to the developers.

there's no argument here honestly. the only thing we can do from here on is wait and see what variation we may see with what sort of games. I'm thinking we're going to see less variation in difference with cross-gen games, then a little more with multiplats (especially ambitious ones), then more with exclusives (that don't necessarily take advantage of the hardware fully) and then last but definitely not least the exclusives that do take advantage. it's probably going to be unfair for One because Sony just has more skilled developers but who cares lol. I personally think it's going to be a drive-by bloodbath.

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    This article links to GameThirst, which links to Forbes' main page. Is there even a source article for this?
    And that happens a lot with Examiners articles. There never seems to be any source, that site gotta be the least trust worthy there is.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    Third party games will look better on the PS4 then xbone1
    Thank god there's someone here who doesn't talk out their ass, but actually puts the proof on the table with lots of info and facts to back it up with... Or not..

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman_DK View Post
    And that happens a lot with Examiners articles. There never seems to be any source, that site gotta be the least trust worthy there is.

Thank god there's someone here who doesn't talk out their ass, but actually puts the proof on the table with lots of info and facts to back it up with... Or not..
    On what basis do you have to argue that this will not be the case?

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    forza 5 looks graphically better to me than drive club and is locked at 1080p60. Both games aren't finished but drive club wont end up being 60 fps when finally done, it will remain 30 fps (1080p30 is the target). being open world doesnt take away from the fact that the graphics and FR are looking better in forza 5. imo, drive club wasn't the launch racer to showcase ps4's power. evolution shouldve done a next gen motorstorm instead.
    Drive Club easily looks better than Forza 5.

Forza 5 can not even remotely be confused as anything other than a video game.

16. Likes KungMartin90 likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    I don't see the correlation. Agni's was running on HIGH END PC. If you're gonna make comparison between PS4 and X1, at least compare the PS4 games with games (or tech demos) that actually ran on the X1.
    Agni's ran on a 680GTX well over twice the power of the PS4. And the PS4 is only 50% more powerful than the Xbox One. If you don't see the correlation, then I cannot help you.

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    On what basis do you have to argue that this will not be the case?
    I wasn't arguing wether or not they would look better, I was simply implying that coolguy pulled that post out of his ass, without backing any of his talk up with reasons or causes to why he might say that.

But if you want my opinion about third party games will look better on PS4, then yeah they probably will, but I don't think we will see that happen untill after a year or two after the two consoles release

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Drive Club easily looks better than Forza 5.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Seriously, Forza 5 is underwhelming as hell.

Their car shaders are cartoonish, and that's not intentional, by their own words they are attempting the greatest fidelity possible, and they are not there. At all.

Master Poster

It still looks better than Drive Club imo. That's judging from what we have seen now though, Evolution Studios usually does a lot of polishing at the end of a games development, so there's a chance Drive Club will look a lot better at release.

Superior Member
    Isn't there a thread already in the VS section comparing Forza and Drive Club with images that show that Forza has a lot of jaggies and doesn't match Drive Club's visuals?
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    The PS4 will be a beast power wise but i think the Xbox One is going to be right there with it. With the power of the cloud anything is possible for the One.
    This cloud will make no difference, for one thing PS4 is already set up to support cloud gaming anyway due to Gaikai

Thank you itachi

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Seriously, Forza 5 is underwhelming as hell. Their car shaders are cartoonish, and that's not intentional, by their own words they are attempting the greatest fidelity possible, and they are not there. At all.
    Yeah I notice that the Forza car models have always had a cartoonish look to them. Also Forza 5 has baked lighting and no day/night cycles and no weather.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    This cloud will make no difference, for one thing PS4 is already set up to support cloud gaming anyway due to Gaikai
    I dont think Azure and Gaikai are the same thing?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    I dont think Azure and Gaikai are the same thing?
    What do you think they are?

Nothing but a bunch of dedicated servers sitting in server farms at specific locations.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    What do you think they are?

Nothing but a bunch of dedicated servers sitting in server farms at specific locations.
    Yeah but magic dust.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Yeah but magic dust.
    It gotz da wizard $#@!.

Thread Information