Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't understand why 60fps is that hard for this game to hit with the hardware under the hood of the PS4.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I don't understand why 60fps is that hard for this game to hit with the hardware under the hood of the PS4.
    Cool story! Oh btw, why don't you go there and help them? I am sure you will win some great cash too.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    open world games are CPU dependent aren't they? it would make sense that the closed racer can focus on Graphical fidelity as there aren't too many variables...(relativity)

with the CPU (in both consoles) being very weak, perhaps that is the reason the two games have different targets?

PS4/XB1 - GPU > CPU
    Open world - CPU > GPU
    Closed world - GPU > CPU

both have similar CPU's (more so than the GPU) so wouldn't that be a possibility?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Cool story! Oh btw, why don't you go there and help them? I am sure you will win some great cash too.
    Oh I charge too much to help them. I'm sure the game will be 60fps just fine without me.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-17-2013 at 10:39.

5. Likes FatesServant likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    open world games are CPU dependent aren't they? it would make sense that the closed racer can focus on Graphical fidelity as there aren't too many variables...(relativity)

with the CPU (in both consoles) being very weak, perhaps that is the reason the two games have different targets?

PS4/XB1 - GPU > CPU
    Open world - CPU > GPU
    Closed world - GPU > CPU

both have similar CPU's (more so than the GPU) so wouldn't that be a possibility?
    Its likely they just haven't implemented proper PVS sets yet.
    All racing games benefit from potentially visible sets. The rougher it is, the more you render that you shouldn't, the lower your framerates.

Problem with PVS is building them, takes a long time, and you have to rebuild them every time you make changes.

Its likely that they were just a bit slack with the demo build.

Master Sage
    We got 60FPS with games on PS3 and 360 so i'm thinking devs just underestimated how much people want it and instead put the focus elsewhere.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    That being said, the game engine in Forza sets the bar so low, I'd actually be mad if it didn't achieve this framerate. The whole "no weather" thing as well as no realtime shadows or much of anything else means that there is next to no demand on the engine.

This would be like starting Monopoly with five times as much money as your opponent then celebrating when you win. The Driveclub developers are asking the PS4 to do much much more work. In comparison, Forza 5 is about as sophisticated as a spork.
    I am either thinking you are completely joking here, or out of touch with racing games, especially Forza. You just fed an entire paragraph fabrication. I nearly $#@! my pants laughing.

PSU Live Streamer
    Please elaborate Soldier. I'm all ears.

Forum Overseer
    he can't elaborate, he doesn't know anything about game design.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I am either thinking you are completely joking here, or out of touch with racing games, especially Forza. You just fed an entire paragraph fabrication. I nearly $#@! my pants laughing.

Please. Elaborate. In Soviet XBone, joke is laughing at you.

12. Likes Admartian , KungMartin90 , Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    lol@ "joke is laughing at you"

Soldier 95B
    High framerate is important in racing games because it means that the engine is optimized to check physics calculations more fluidly.

That being said, the game engine in Forza sets the bar so low, I'd actually be mad if it didn't achieve this framerate. The whole "no weather" thing as well as no realtime shadows or much of anything else means that there is next to no demand on the engine.

This would be like starting Monopoly with five times as much money as your opponent then celebrating when you win. The Driveclub developers are asking the PS4 to do much much more work. In comparison, Forza 5 is about as sophisticated as a spork.

Please. Elaborate. In Soviet XBone, joke is laughing at you.
    So we are still waiting for you to answer how the Forza game is like a spork and the engine isn't doing anything. We are open ears.

Forum Overseer
    I don't know the specifics but I know the basics.

1) it's not open world.
    2) baked lighting, non-realtime shadows.
    3) weather not realtime. weather does not change.

those things are huge.

16. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    So we are still waiting for you to answer how the Forza game is like a spork and the engine isn't doing anything. We are open ears.
    I'm not the one who has to explain why features we have been accustomed to for generations are being stripped from Forza 5 to attain an almost steady 60fps.

18. Likes KungMartin90 likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    I'm not the one who has to explain why features we have been accustomed to for generations are being stripped from Forza 5 to attain an almost steady 60fps.
    Where is the list of features stripped for Forza 5. You are the one that has claimed that Forza 5 engine isn't doing anything and it's a spork. Nobody else made that claim, you did.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I don't know the specifics but I know the basics.

1) it's not open world.
    2) baked lighting, non-realtime shadows.
    3) weather not realtime. weather does not change.

those things are huge.
    Not for sim heads (not casual sim heads that only play GT games) Ask people that are into sims if they could have...

Amazing graphics, Night and day cycle, Weather/Rain, PS2 cars Vs Physics

They will go for Physics every day of the week.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Where is the list of features stripped for Forza 5. You are the one that has claimed that Forza 5 engine isn't doing anything and it's a spork. Nobody else made that claim, you did.
    I think hes referring to no day/night cycle (even GT5 has that), baked lighting, no real time shadows and no weather.

Flaw3d Genius
    Why do people always go on about GT5's weather/night and day? It totally killed the game's framerate...that is not a good thing it's a TERRIBLE thing!

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I think hes referring to no day/night cycle (even GT5 has that), baked lighting, no real time shadows and no weather.
    Well, he said features were stripped from Forza (which means they were already there and they removed them). He claimed the Forza engine isn't doing anything and it's a spork. We are just waiting for him to back up his claims.

Forum Overseer
    did you read my post? and some of those features aren't necessarily stripped but they aren't comparable because the idea again is that you're not looking at the context correctly if you're going to say that one game has better graphics than the other when one is in a closed environment and the other has to worry about seamless environments that require so much more resources and assets, that HAS weather and I don't know this for sure but probably has realtime shadows and lighting as well.

open-world combined with any of those features are game-changer for the engine...you'd have to recreate the entire engine for that.

it's an invalid comparison.

Ultimate Veteran
    http://n4g.com/news/1279568/no-weath...es-for-forza-5

and like, yeah..
    http://insideplaystation.com/drive-c...-fps-in-1080p/

26. Likes KungMartin90 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    did you read my post? and some of those features aren't necessarily stripped but they aren't comparable because the idea again is that you're not looking at the context correctly if you're going to say that one game has better graphics than the other when one is in a closed environment and the other has to worry about seamless environments that require so much more resources and assets, that HAS weather and I don't know this for sure but probably has realtime shadows and lighting as well. open-world combined with any of those features are game-changer for the engine...you'd have to recreate the entire engine for that. it's an invalid comparison.
    Evolution confirmed real time lighting and shadows in an E3 game floor interview I saw. He even took a shot at Forza saying our lighting isnt baked. lol He said the lighting is dynamic and changes if a cloud passes by, etc.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Why do people always go on about GT5's weather/night and day? It totally killed the game's framerate...that is not a good thing it's a TERRIBLE thing!
    no it didn't lol wtf are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Evolution confirmed real time lighting and shadows in an E3 game floor interview I saw. He even took a shot at Forza saying our lighting isnt baked. lol
    ah i see. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Not for sim heads (not casual sim heads that only play GT games) Ask people that are into sims if they could have...
    you've just answered your own question, this is why you don't compare DC to Forza. One has open-world, one doesn't...that's a huge difference and has huge taxation on resources of a console.

Amazing graphics, Night and day cycle, Weather/Rain, PS2 cars Vs Physics

They will go for Physics every day of the week.
    Ok but you've just switched your argument there. you're comparing about Drive Club and GT5 with Forza 5 and conveniently taking out the positives from both.

I get your point about the updated PS2 models in GT5 but it also has better physics than Forza 4. Realtime weather matters in sim racers. Lighting and shadows matter in any game but definitely should matter in a next-gen game (much more so a racing game!)

As for physics, GT has always had better physics than Forza. Even GT3-4 had better physics than Forza 1. People confuse world physics with actual car physics. Up until GT5, GT did not have world physics. Your cars could not fly (much anyway) or flip.

Forza has always had goofy physics and this is an opinion of sim users and editorials. Look up GT5 reviews and you will see them claiming it has the best car physics of any racer.

So if that's your whole argument then why compare DC to Forza? Why not wait until a proper next-gen GT comes out?

You can't have your cake and eat it too sir. If you want to compare DC to Forza then compare every single feature...don't ignore something by saying that,

"Not for sim heads (not casual sim heads that only play GT games) Ask people that are into sims if they could have..."

No $#@!, DC is not a sim! lol.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    to be honest I agree with u soldier. I was a bit confused on if he was talking about the ACTUAL forza or some made up version

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Soldier 95B
    no it didn't lol wtf are you talking about?
    Sorry Sufi, even the tried and true GT fans like us admit that the weather gave GT the big shaft in frame rate and through the AA into jaggieville. It was horrid.

I get your point about the updated PS2 models in GT5 but it also has better physics than Forza 4.
    I assume you were being sarcastic about the bold?

So, you got nothing then? Figured as much.

Thread Information