Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PS4 graphics beat Xbox One: difference is noticable says developer

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    "There will be much talk concerning the power of*Xbox One*and*PS4*leading to the launches of these new home console this holiday season.*Sony*and*Microsoft*have demonstrated impressive looking exclusive software with titles like “Dead Rising 3” and “Killzone Shadow Fall” to get gamers excited about the new consoles. On June 17, new*information concerning the difference in power*between PS4 and Xbox One was reported and it states gamers will be able to notice a visual difference between the two consoles on launch day.According to a report by*GamesThirst, an anonymous developer has stated that the difference between PS4 and Xbox One will be noticeable to people on launch day. The developer further goes on to say that the PS4 is “40% more powerful than Xbox One” and that games like “Call of Duty: Ghosts” will be “noticeably different” upon release.These comments align with Jack Tretton’s comments of the PS4 housing the best looking software. We reported last week that Tretton believes the PS4 is the most power console --*full story here.In addition to praising the PS4’s power, Tretton also encouraged people to ask third-party developers which platform is best. Moreover, he wants people to compare multiplatform games side-by-side because he is certain the PS4 will have the best visuals."
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

3. Likes irish-sid likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Well PS4 does have more impressive looking games so far ...

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Sounds about right...

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Well PS4 does have more impressive looking games so far ...
    I agree. And Jack Tretton did say that 3rd party developers have told him that their games will look noticably better on the PS4.

Forum Elder
    Not to much of a pixel counter as long as they are close I don't care.

One thing that would bother me is if the xbone is 60fps on most games.(I've heard that rumor) and the ps is 30 .

I'm hoping that isn't true because I love the smoothness of 60. It wouldn't be a dealbreaker though.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Interesting that they used Call of Duty as an example. I wonder if that means the anonymous dev is associated with Infinity Ward. Also, Call of Duty has been one of the most Xbox-wh0red games this gen as we all know, with the PS3 getting the inferior, slapped together ports. So, it'll be crazy if right out the gate the PS4 gets such a compliment.

@chrisw26308,

If a multiplatform game is running at 60fps on Xbone, you can bet it'll be running at 60fps on PS4. Yes, there are some PS4 games announced that are to run at 30fps, this was a choice by the devs to push the graphics that much further, it's not saying that they had to go 30fps out of necessity. 60fps is more important for really fast paced twitch shooters like Call of Duty, but there are tons of games where a solid, locked 30fps should be fine and look and play very well.

9. Likes VayMasters86, PS4freak likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    the difference is going to be very minimal, i dont believe anyone saying ps4 versions will look 'noticeably better' than xbox or vice versa. so far in the exclusives shown for each console, the xbox seems to be pushing more games at 60 fps. for eg., forza 5 is doing 60 fps whereas drive club is stuck at 30 fps i believe.

Forum Elder
    Thanks for the info xtra T. I would rep but I'm on my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    the difference is going to be very minimal, i dont believe anyone saying ps4 versions will look 'noticeably better' than xbox or vice versa. so far in the exclusives shown for each console, the xbox seems to be pushing more games at 60 fps. for eg., forza 5 is doing 60 fps whereas drive club is stuck at 30 fps i believe.

You can believe what you want. But people that know what there talking about say otherwise.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-...aboola_inbound

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    You can believe what you want. But people that know what there talking about say otherwise.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-...aboola_inbound
    selectively quoting a developer which suits your agenda doesnt give the real picture. i could quote a couple of developers saying xbox one pushing more on screen because of its cloud capabilities. the reality is that ultimately you'll be hard pressed to make out any noticeable difference in graphics in multiplatform games. the consoles are too close power wise. if you're buying into the ps4 being "50% more powerful" hype and expecting games to show such a difference, you'll end up disappointed.

14. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I didn't think that differences would be noticeable until the 2nd or 3rd wave of games (and even then until Sony exclusives were out).

I guess we'll see (though bringing up COD as an example isn't exactly the most encouraging ).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Forza 5 is using canned lighting, and isn't an "open world" type racer that DC appears to be. That being said, Forza 5 still looks pretty darn good. And the other 60fps game was Killer Instinct. Fighting games are very simplistic compared other game types, so you bet your ass it better be running at 60fps. What we should take from all of these comparisons, is that NONE of these games that DF or Eurogamer have compared are FINISHED, nor are they comparing the SAME GAME on one machine to the other.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Definitely not a long stretch for this to happen but I'm sure it won't be monumental.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    Forza 5 is using canned lighting, and isn't an "open world" type racer that DC appears to be. That being said, Forza 5 still looks pretty darn good. And the other 60fps game was Killer Instinct. Fighting games are very simplistic compared other game types, so you bet your ass it better be running at 60fps. What we should take from all of these comparisons, is that NONE of these games that DF or Eurogamer have compared are FINISHED, nor are they comparing the SAME GAME on one machine to the other.
    Very true. I read that PS4 games like Drive Club were pre-alpha code.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    sure you don't

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Ultimate Veteran
    As if there was ever a prayer. People hoping these two systems will be similar are in for a rather rude awakening.

Soldier 95B
    Gotta love good ol' Jack.

Veteran
    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/o...ps4-too-cheap-

As long as you have people like this saying the systems are the same, people will continue to believe it. SMH....

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Not many people could see the difference between Agni's Philosophy and the PS4 Sorcerer tech demo. So I doubt anyone will really see a difference between the Xbox One and Playstation 4.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Laughed at the example of Cod ghosts. That game looks like crap, how could it look like anything but garbage on either machine?

Maybe my criticism is misplaced and they will make it look "amazing" in time for launch- but that title looks nothing at all like Killzone Shadowfall, Ryse, or BF4. Looks like a 360 game with slightly upped textures and lighting.

25. Likes Wrath , Itachi likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I agree. And Jack Tretton did say that 3rd party developers have told him that their games will look noticably better on the PS4.
    Hope this is true when we look at a multi-plat game side by side. Finally we can stop getting crappy ports.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    This article links to GameThirst, which links to Forbes' main page. Is there even a source article for this?

PSN ID
    Captobvious75
    Meh. Im perfectly satisfied with the graphics today, so if one looks better than the other, cool but not going to make or break anything for me

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    its true that ps4 has a very significant graphical and memory advantage.

But quoting examiner.com hurts my soul.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Thread Information