Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B

Thumbs up Xbox One Sold Out at Gamestop, retailers run short on next-gen

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/14/xb...short-on-next/

The Xbox One Day One Edition at Gamestop is currently unavailable, after the retailer re-opened pre-orders this weekend. All of the Xbox One Day One bundles – including Battlefield 4, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Watch Dogs and Call of Duty: Ghosts – are unavailable for purchase.

As of July 12, Gamestop still had Xbox One bundles in stock and open to pre-order, but these retailer stockpiles are dwindling fast. Amazon is out of Day One editions, but the Standard edition is still up for pre-order. Xbox One Day One pre-orders will hit Best Buy "soon," while Wal Mart pre-orders are still live. Wal Mart, Amazon and Best Buy both have the PS4 available for pre-order, though the launch-day bundles are MIA.

We've contacted Gamestop for clarification on Xbox One availability.
    Not surprised how well the Xbox One is doing. It will pick up right where the Xbox 360 left off. Excited about the new gen take up. Glad I got my Day One order in!

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's much more supply constraint than the competition(which sold out before xbone)

I'm not shocked that they're sold out though. Launch sales and 2nd shipments are going to sell out regardless. Seeing how it's selling after that(looking at wiiU) will indicate how in demand it is.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

Soldier 95B
    No doubt that Xbox sales will continue to be impressive through the entire next gen like they have been this past gen.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    No doubt that Xbox sales will continue to be impressive through the entire next gen like they have been this past gen.

Based on??

The Price??
    The Publics love in with the XBone??

Ahhhh it must be having a kinect bundled when you do not want a Fooking camera!?

Or your blind optimism and pure man love for MS??

Please refrain from using fanboy terminology ~23
    Last edited by TwentyThree; 07-16-2013 at 02:05.
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post
    Based on??

The Price??
    The Publics love in with the XBone??

Ahhhh it must be having a kinect bundled when you do not want a Fooking camera!?

Or your blind optimism and pure man love for MS??
    You forget the Cloud! Shame on you!
    Last edited by TwentyThree; 07-16-2013 at 02:05.
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    You forget the Cloud! Shame on you!

Oops yeah my bad!!!

Although we do not know if it will have any effect so it cold yet become a selling point!!
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    If you call ending this generation in last place impressive then yeah Xbox sales this gen were impressive. lol

Elite Sage
    MS had done a horrible job to convince the casuals why they need to pay $500 for kinect 2.0. MS's kinect message, from the reveal to e3, has been all about non-gaming features. They show it tracking 1:1 and the heartbeat thing but casuals don't give a shit about that. And the hardcore have been speaking in numbers on forums and internet polls as to which console they prefer.

MS has a long bumpy ride next gen.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post
    Based on??
    Xbox brand
    Xbox games
    Xbox marketing

Elite Sage
    I think people will be measuring the xbone success based off it selling more than the first xbox.

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    MS had done a horrible job to convince the casuals why they need to pay $500 for kinect 2.0. MS's kinect message, from the reveal to e3, has been all about non-gaming features. They show it tracking 1:1 and the heartbeat thing but casuals don't give a shit about that. And the hardcore have been speaking in numbers on forums and internet polls as to which console they prefer.

MS has a long bumpy ride next gen.
    Yep. And I will say it again. I am not convinced casuals are a mainstay in the console market. I think they got their jollies out of the Wii and Kinect and will move on to things like smart TVs. Casuals don't follow gaming like core gamers. I don't think they know there is a difference between Kinect 1 and 2. If anything, I would not be surprised if casuals added a year or so to the 360s lifespan, but are they going to smack down half a grand for the latest and greatest Kinect? Don't think so.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Dedicated Member
    Xbox brand
    Xbox games
    Xbox marketing
    Have you been in a cave???

The brand is now tarnished BIG time, the price is the big factor for me though.

Why buy a XBone over a PS4 if you don't want kinect??

I bought a 360 as it was cheaper and picked a ps3 up later on.

This time ps4 is cheaper and it will show in sales..

Kid to mom
    " I want a Xbone for Christmas mommy"

Mom
    "Its to expensive son how about a ps4 instead?

Kid
    "Mmm okkkkkk"

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Xbox brand
    Xbox games
    Xbox marketing
    Yes, their PR has been smooth from the get-go. o_0
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Yep. And I will say it again. I am not convinced casuals are a mainstay in the console market. I think they got their jollies out of the Wii and Kinect and will move on to things like smart TVs. Casuals don't follow gaming like core gamers. I don't think they know there is a difference between Kinect 1 and 2. If anything, I would not be surprised if casuals added a year or so to the 360s lifespan, but are they going to smack down half a grand for the latest and greatest Kinect? Don't think so.
    I agree fully.

There's 100million wiis sold and then there's 25million kinects sold. Those wii gamers didn't all go and buy kinect as a Wii replacement. The wii crowd aren't buying WiiU's either. I think MS are in for a rude awakening if they think they are going to grab the wii's 100million market. The wii had a huge buzz amongst the causals and was $299. The xbone has no buzz amongst the casuals and is $499. Like you said, they're aren't going to drop half a grand for that. People are sorely mistaken by looking at the sales of phones and ipads to justify why people will buy xbone.

Casuals actually did extend the 360's life. The sales had peaked and started to drop pre-kinect and the ps3 was going to overtake the 360 in a year or 2. Then Kinect launched and pushed sales to nearly match the ps3 sales.

Along with what's mentioned above, here's another reason why I highly disagree with soldier's comment. I see no way how a higher priced xbone is going to sell more than a cheaper priced ps4. The 360 held many advantages in which the xbone doesn't have this time.

Code:
    YR on market         360                  PS3

Year 1               5.0      -      -    3.5      

Year 2               6.6      -      -    9.1      

Year 3               8.7      -      -   10.1      

Year 4              11.2      -      -   13.0     

Year 5              10.3      -      -   14.3

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Not surprised it sold out. All new consoles sell out these days. But I will be surprised if the console sells 70 million units. I am saying this based off the recent polls that have been circulating the web.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Not surprised it sold out. All new consoles sell out these days. But I will be surprised if the console sells 70 million units. I am saying this based off the recent polls that have been circulating the web.
    I see it selling about 90 million after 10 years.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I see it selling about 90 million after 10 years.
    Maybe. But if the Xbox sells 90 million, then I predict the Wii U sells 70 million, and the PS4 sells 150 million lol.

18. Likes -Shafty- wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Maybe. But if the Xbox sells 90 million, then I predict the Wii U sells 70 million, and the PS4 sells 150 million lol.
    I picture the PS4 selling about 90 million after 10 years as well. The Wii U, I have no idea. But we are seeing a move towards mobile gaming more and more, which I think will eat into these console sales long term. It's really why we are seeing stuff like Smart Glass and whatever app Sony has...they are trying a last ditch effort to blend the two and make additional sales until they see a drop in console sales.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/14/xb...short-on-next/

Not surprised how well the Xbox One is doing. It will pick up right where the Xbox 360 left off. Excited about the new gen take up. Glad I got my Day One order in!
    not trying to fight ya here soldier, I too think the Xbox will do ok, but didnt ms give limited quantities to retailers to make it seem like they were on par with ps4 when they could say they've "sold out" or "unavailable"?

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    not trying to fight ya here soldier, I too think the Xbox will do ok, but didnt ms give limited quantities to retailers to make it seem like they were on par with ps4 when they could say they've "sold out" or "unavailable"?
    I doubt that is the case. Who in the world would purposely stop trying to sell more consoles if they had more to sell? Makes no sense when you are trying to make money.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    Um, where in the world did you hear that? I would have to say someone has been feeding you a line of BS.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    The XBone will sell out at launch. Don't see any way it won't. It's the few months after release that I'm curious to see how well it does. Much like the PS3. Pretty sure that sold out at launch but the next few months weren't great. MS is kind of in the same situation now. Higher price tag and a lot of people mad over the mentality they had. Sony and MS did a flip flop.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Um, where in the world did you hear that? I would have to say someone has been feeding you a line of BS.
    well I didn't say I believed it I just read it on my ps4 new app( probably the problem eh).

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    I picture the PS4 selling about 90 million after 10 years as well. The Wii U, I have no idea. But we are seeing a move towards mobile gaming more and more, which I think will eat into these console sales long term. It's really why we are seeing stuff like Smart Glass and whatever app Sony has...they are trying a last ditch effort to blend the two and make additional sales until they see a drop in console sales.
    This argument again? Mobile games increasing in sales has nothing to do with PS3 and 360 declining in sales. That is purely on the generation lasing 7 years, and the next gen being right around the corner.

No one is going to pass up on PS4 for the iPad. If they want the iPad it will be for very different reasons than wanting the PS4 or Xbox One.

Just because it is mobile games, and console games, does not mean they are competing in the same market. No one is going to say. "I'd rather sit on my couch and play this $4 iPad game than Uncharted 4."

Mobile games have their place, and it isn't going to replace the several hours people spend in their living room playing their console. Its for the 20-30 in a waiting room, being a passenger of a car, the bus, etc.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    This argument again? Mobile games increasing in sales has nothing to do with PS3 and 360 declining in sales. That is purely on the generation lasing 7 years, and the next gen being right around the corner.

No one is going to pass up on PS4 for the iPad. If they want the iPad it will be for very different reasons than wanting the PS4 or Xbox One.

Just because it is mobile games, and console games, does not mean they are competing in the same market. No one is going to say. "I'd rather sit on my couch and play this $4 iPad game than Uncharted 4."

Mobile games have their place, and it isn't going to replace the several hours people spend in their living room playing their console. Its for the 20-30 in a waiting room, being a passenger of a car, the bus, etc.
    Here here! + rep

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Thread Information