Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSoul21 View Post
    LOL at this whole topic. I had no idea there were people out there so paranoid about blu-tooth and cell phone radiation. Hahaha. Seriously, don't you get way more radiation on a daily basis purely from SUNLIGHT then from your ps3 controller? And no, blu-tooth and cellphone radiation is not cumulative.

Ionizing Radiation is the bad stuff and it causes atoms particles to be disrupted. Radioactive decay, nuclear reactions, from the Sun (ever get a sunburn?).

Electromagnetic Radiation however is harmless. Radio Waves, Cell phones, Visible light, infrared light.

You must also not fly commercially either of course. Since you're that high in the altitude you actually intake 10x the normal amount of radiation during the flight than if you were on the ground. And forget about going to the beach or being outside in the sun! You will take about 3x the radiation then if you were to stay indoors wearing your tin foil hat. Worrying about your blu-tooth, cell phone, and wifi really is beyond obsessive and pointless.
    They should probably avoid concrete, smoking and bananas as well. Oh and those orange glazed plates, since they often use uranium for orange coloring in stoneware. Radiation, and I mean ionizing radiation, is everywhere. You'd probably need to build a ball out of lead and float it to the middle of the ocean to have any shot at avoiding radiation. There's some evidence that small doses of ionizing radiation are good for you, generally speaking living somewhere with high background radiation means living somewhere with less incidences of cancer for example.

Elite Guru
    Also don't live in higher altitudes altogether if you are that concerned. But as others have pointed out there is no known risks and no known method that has ever been observed for devices of these calibre to cause any concern. Yes even standing right next to a TV transmission tower has no known risks to date.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No need to ridicule.
    Nobody is born knowing everything there is to know about everything.

Dedicated Member
    Bluetooth is a radio frequency (RF) which operates on a 2.4GHz band. It is a type of electromagnetic radiation and is mostly harmless, unlike fumes from radioactive substances. I see cell phone addicts having a BT headset on their head almost all day long. PS3 uses bluetooth version 2.1 EDR and you cannot switch off the bluetooth when the console is in operation. I dont think that will change with the ps4.
    p.s.- how many here know that bluetooth was the name of a person and that the tech was named after him?

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Interesting. Doesn't it matter that people play with a controller right up against them while a TV tower could be 20 miles away?

I don't think that's accurate.
    "We are making a new device ‘hand free’ which is basically an ear phone device connected to a cell phone but the sound signal is not sent thru a wire (which may transmit radiation straight to your brain)"

Source

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by RandSec View Post
    You are confusing "ionizing radiation," such as radioactivity, with "electromagnetic radiation" or radio waves. Only ionizing radiation is thought to cause damage which can accumulate over time.
    what things have ionizing radiation?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I had a friend that used bluetooth once...here is a pic of him now...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

8. Likes D3seeker, Jakeles, Omar likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I'd be more concerned about being cooped up in a basement and playing games all day, breathing in radioactive radon-gas. Radon emits alpha radiation therefore you wouldn't want to breath it in.
    Last edited by K2D; 07-17-2013 at 15:45.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    You are correct. Just went through the settings on the playstation support site. No option for turning off bluetooth. But also saw some claims that are you getting more radiation from your tv than your controller. I don't know. Do I want to? Nah....ignorance is bliss.
    The reason you can't turn blutooth off is because the controller uses it to communicate with games and the ps3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    If anyone is worried about Bluetooth radiation then I have the perfect game system for them, and it is 100% radiation free!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    As questionable as they are, I do believe big brother would have stepped in and banned the use of blue-tooth if it was that much of a hazard

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    You give big brother too much credit. They are doing everything they can to block us from even knowing if we are eating GMO foods, that many tests confirm are a huge cancer causer. Not that blue-tooth is that much of a hazard, but I wouldn't leave it to big bro to decide for me if it were safe enough for use.

14. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by xtratrstrl View Post
    you give big brother too much credit. They are doing everything they can to block us from even knowing if we are eating gmo foods, that many tests confirm are a huge cancer causer. Not that blue-tooth is that much of a hazard, but i wouldn't leave it to big bro to decide for me if it were safe enough for use.
    this!!!

if it weren't for people that started to realize this, we wouldn't even have "all natural" "no color" no preservatives" "no hormones" etc. foods. It's sad that they have to put that down as a feature...Oh, yea, this doesn't have cancer! buy it now!
    Last edited by Omar; 07-18-2013 at 02:10.

16. Likes XtraTrstrL likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    No need to ridicule.
    Nobody is born knowing everything there is to know about everything.
    I wish more members around here had that attitude. Can't ask a question around here anymore without someone trying to belittle you.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Veteran
    radiation are u kiding it puts out every little bit of it dont worry about, if u get cancer it will be from other stuff

Veteran
    Not trying to sound like a jerk but why are you so concerned about radiation? If it's illness related, there's no real danger for you in there. Unless you have an OCD, then I understand why would you be so concerned about it, maybe you're to careful when it comes to your and your family's health so do not take my post as offensive, I'm just curious.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Not trying to sound like a jerk but why are you so concerned about radiation? If it's illness related, there's no real danger for you in there. Unless you have an OCD, then I understand why would you be so concerned about it, maybe you're to careful when it comes to your and your family's health so do not take my post as offensive, I'm just curious.
    I'm kinda curious as well so u aint alone DaLa

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

21. Likes daLa likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    what things have ionizing radiation?
    Probably easiest to just direct you to something like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionizing_radiation for a general background in ionizing radiation. But this is more fun, it's a list of a variety of commonly occurring radioactive sources: http://www.physics.isu.edu/radinf/natural.htm.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    You give big brother too much credit. They are doing everything they can to block us from even knowing if we are eating GMO foods, that many tests confirm are a huge cancer causer. Not that blue-tooth is that much of a hazard, but I wouldn't leave it to big bro to decide for me if it were safe enough for use.
    Belive me, all I expect from them is a smug statement discounting any relevance, which wouod only lead to more of a public awareness uproar. All leading to nothing for the most part, but when was the last time that happened lol

Sent from the Warlock

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabjabs View Post

Yes even standing right next to a TV transmission tower has no known risks to date.
    Standing near one over a peroid of time, say a few months to a few years will make your hair fall out much in the same way x-rays will, notice around TV towers in fields nothing grows and the stuff that does looks sick... EMR will kill over time in very high doses.

I'm pretty sure standing right in front of a transmission dish will would melt your face off electromagnet radiation the power of a few hundred microwave ovens will kill you, they incinerate birds and possums everyday so just imagine.

TO THE OP
    Remember you're not on the earth for long, the world is already damaged from everyone who was here previously and living in the present it's not going to get any better in a health sense, we will consume more resources each and everyday and the world one day won't be able to cope on a global scale so enjoy the years you have left even if you get exposed to your blutooth radiation if you enjoy playing your PS games than good for you! you're not hurting anyone directly so don't worry about it it won't be the same as standing in front of a cell dish.

If it makes you feel any better the plastic your playstation was made from was probably a T-Rex a million years ago isn't it strange that a dinosaur can be turned into a solid useful entertainment object weird, and the tallow that's in washing powder that we wash our clothes in, that's much weirder to me than EMR
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Thread Information