Latest PSU headlines:

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

The Last Of Us: What Joel didn't tell Bill...? [SPOILERS]

I noticed this before, but I saw it again on my survivor playthrough...Why don't you think Joel tells Bill that Tess died? He goes to some effort to totally avoid saying that she's dead in one of the dialouges. There may be some history there...I thought maybe she was a relation or something? Hopefully I didn't miss somthing glaringly obvious that explains this.

What do you guys think?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I noticed this before, but I saw it again on my survivor playthrough...Why don't you think Joel tells Bill that Tess died? He goes to some effort to totally avoid saying that she's dead in one of the dialouges. There may be some history there...I thought maybe she was a relation or something? Hopefully I didn't miss somthing glaringly obvious that explains this.

What do you guys think?
    He just didn't wanna talk about it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Joel is trying to survive, he didn't say it because he is only out to benefit himself at that point and losing Tess over some stupid kid is a big deal. You'll see throughout 60% of the game he does and talks about doing a lot of bad things to survive, he's actually quite the selfish guy.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

PSU Live Streamer
    Did anyone else get the impression that Bill was gay? I sorta did. Especially when you see his reaction to his "partner".

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Did anyone else get the impression that Bill was gay? I sorta did. Especially when you see his reaction to his "partner".
    *End game spoliers*

He was gay, Naughty Dog pretty much covered every demographic in such a short script in a beautiful way. I found it to be very subtle, could have easily been missed but later in the car when Ellie is reading the adult magazine with the guy with the huge $#@! kinda sealed the deal for me then she throws it out the window.

That scene there I believe is key to the whole David set-up many hours later. Again this was only subtle, but I do believe that there were no 'women and children' at his camp, you only ever see male guards and to survive those men needed a female. If Ellie had not escaped I believe for sure that she was going to be David and the other guys sex slave or even birth giver for that group. Ellie at this point has grown up in maturity and sexual knowledge.

At the end before Joel kills Marlene she talks about them being raped or murdered and his saving of Ellie would be for nothing.
    Last edited by mickice; 07-15-2013 at 16:26.

PSU Live Streamer
    Oh ya, I forgot about the magazine. Even without it I guess I was on the right track lol

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    *End game spoliers*

He was gay, Naughty Dog pretty much covered every demographic in such a short script in a beautiful way. I found it to be very subtle, could have easily been missed but later in the car when Ellie is reading the adult magazine with the guy with the huge $#@! kinda sealed the deal for me then she throws it out the window.

That scene there I believe is key to the whole David set-up many hours later. Again this was only subtle, but I do believe that there were no 'women and children' at his camp, you only ever see male guards and to survive those men needed a female. If Ellie had not escaped I believe for sure that she was going to be David and the other guys sex slave or even birth giver for that group. Ellie at this point has grown up in maturity and sexual knowledge.

At the end before Joel kills Marlene she talks about them being raped or murdered and his saving of Ellie would be for nothing.
    Actually one of the conversations between David and the soldiers after Ellie escapes has him telling them to get the women and kids inside...

Listen to the conversation at 12:50

Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

8. Likes Raizer likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Thats cool ^ Maybe David likes 'em young? I do believe Ellie was going to be David's little play thing until she lets out she is infected and then he changes his mind to killing her.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Thats cool ^ Maybe David likes 'em young? I do believe Ellie was going to be David's little play thing until she lets out she is infected and then he changes his mind to killing her.
    I assumed that was the reason he was so patient with her in the beginning cause he likes young girls and wanted sex from her especially after he caressed her hand.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i don't think he wants the sympathy.

or it would be more accurate to say that he doesn't want people to get close. if you go into one of the rooms, ellie will follow you in and actually finish the apology joel scolded her for earlier, Bills unique disposition toward strangers brings joel to be very protective over ellie.

notice how ellie, who also got the verbal abuse earlier, now gets to be a little more open with joel. whereas bill is still on the outside of joels little wall, and he goes to great lengths to keep him there.

joel is weak, basically. and does not want people to get close to him, for fear of loss?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Flaw3d Genius
    And it ends up she's Joel's little plaything

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i don't think he wants the sympathy. or it would be more accurate to say that he doesn't want people to get close. if you go into one of the rooms, ellie will follow you in and actually finish the apology joel scolded her for earlier, Bills unique disposition toward strangers brings joel to be very protective over ellie. notice how ellie, who also got the verbal abuse earlier, now gets to be a little more open with joel. whereas bill is still on the outside of joels little wall, and he goes to great lengths to keep him there. joel is weak, basically. and does not want people to get close to him, for fear of loss?
    I'd say its obvious that after losing his daughter of the same age Joel doesn't want to get close to Ellie due to fear of losing her like he lost his daughter. It would be like losing his daughter all over again. But he feels himself getting closer to Ellie but struggles to prevent it. But Ellie little by little breaks down Joels defenses over the course of the game.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    And it ends up she's Joel's little plaything
    Strictly In a father daughter relationship way.

Would be interesting to see what sex and Ellies offspring would cause, is she infected like STI infected or could she be the sole genetic strain to repopulate the world, lol.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    The way the game ended, I can really see a sequel

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Thread Information