Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    I need get around to playing Breath of Fire again. It's such an awesome franchise.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quick update, escaped from the jail and managed to figure out the trials which took forever! So I'm finally in Wyndia. Think I will do a little bit of grinding now.

One question, can I go back to the McNeil's? i want to speak with my Master to see if I can learn anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Breath of Fire 2 is one of my all-time favourite games! Even if you have to use a SNES emulator please, please check it out. It is not a direct story sequel 1 so you don't have to worry about anything.

4. Likes Agriel likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Breath of Fire 2 is one of my all-time favourite games! Even if you have to use a SNES emulator please, please check it out. It is not a direct story sequel 1 so you don't have to worry about anything.
    Yup. Whole series is that way. It all just contains a similar pattern of characters and what not. I certainly do intend to check all of them out eventually though. III is the only one in the series I have played so far, which I find to be very sad. Though, from what I have heard, it's also the best, though some people seem to really enjoy BoF IV.

Making good progress Gers. I do believe that you should be able to return to McNeil's now, or very soon. Just try to walk around that mountain and you'll find out soon enough

I definitely think the lead I developed early on was a bit too much. lol. Unless I stop playing I don't think there is any way for you to catch up to me (or if I really start to take my time). Maybe I'll start picking up a few other RPG's like Grandia and the likes.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Also loved BoF2, I had to play through multiple times, just to get the different town members and style.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Awww I have SO MUCH love for BoF3!! Fishing FTW, the characters FTW, splicing to create new dragons FTW...Just an all round solid and really enjoyable FPS experience.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    Yup. Whole series is that way. It all just contains a similar pattern of characters and what not. I certainly do intend to check all of them out eventually though. III is the only one in the series I have played so far, which I find to be very sad. Though, from what I have heard, it's also the best, though some people seem to really enjoy BoF IV.

Making good progress Gers. I do believe that you should be able to return to McNeil's now, or very soon. Just try to walk around that mountain and you'll find out soon enough

I definitely think the lead I developed early on was a bit too much. lol. Unless I stop playing I don't think there is any way for you to catch up to me (or if I really start to take my time). Maybe I'll start picking up a few other RPG's like Grandia and the likes.
    -FatesServant
    The thing I've heard that makes III better for people is that there is this customization with ryu's dragons.
    Do check out IV, I think you'll like it. V on the other hand is VERY polarizing. Its also very hardcore and makes some bad gameplay decisions
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Awww I have SO MUCH love for BoF3!! Fishing FTW, the characters FTW, splicing to create new dragons FTW...Just an all round solid and really enjoyable FPS experience.
    Oh God I spent an embarrassing amount of time fishing in IV, also too much time building fairy colony

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    The thing I've heard that makes III better for people is that there is this customization with ryu's dragons.
    Do check out IV, I think you'll like it. V on the other hand is VERY polarizing. Its also very hardcore and makes some bad gameplay decisions

Oh God I spent an embarrassing amount of time fishing in IV, also too much time building fairy colony
    Haha! Is it BoF 3 with the tiger guy called Rei?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Haha! Is it BoF 3 with the tiger guy called Rei?
    Google says yes. I have only played IV and V so I wouldn't know

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII

-FatesServant
    Maybe it was but even this weekend I haven't played as much as I'd like to but I'm off from thursday until Friday so yeah should get in more play time

I tried walking around the mountain but wouldn't let me past so guessing I can't lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Yeah, I tried Dragon Quarter years ago, and I simply could not handle it. I didn't like the graphic style, the gameplay, the dark environment, any of it. I plan on giving it a shot again sometime in the future, as my tastes in games have changed since I was a kid. Eventually I will get around to playing all of them. This play-through so far, I haven't had a real need to use the dragon forms. Ryu just focuses, then attacks, lucky strikes or double cuts. Everything's been dropping like flies.

@ Gers: I guess not, lol. Just keep checking periodically. Eventually you'll get access to go back.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Breath of Fire 6 Announced (PC/tablet and smartphones only)

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7248725.html
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641219

Seriously something inside me just died
    Last edited by Itachi; 08-01-2013 at 11:13.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Damn that sucks! Would've have loved at least a Vita version of this!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Thats BS, looks like an MMO from 2001

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Capcom:

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    A new Breath of Fire... Yeah, I'll get it.
    While that scene disgusts me, I suppose it's fitting in this instance, Itachi. Oh, SAO, sadly, they didn't use all of the Alfheim light novel content.
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Ok quick update. I'm in Eastern Wyndia, just outside the Tower.

Trying to grind up my levels, now with Ryu that's fine but Princess Nina keeps dying on me and what's more everytime she revives at the end of the fight, her overall HP has dropped! Wtf!?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    Ok quick update. I'm in Eastern Wyndia, just outside the Tower.

Trying to grind up my levels, now with Ryu that's fine but Princess Nina keeps dying on me and what's more everytime she revives at the end of the fight, her overall HP has dropped! Wtf!?
    yeah that is like a diminishing return, every time you dying in combat and are revived after, its lowers your total HP by a percent , not sure the exact amount buts its enough to suck. It can get very low, you need to stay at an inn to get it back to normal. I think also sleeping at camp fixes it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    yeah that is like a diminishing return, every time you dying in combat and are revived after, its lowers your total HP by a percent , not sure the exact amount buts its enough to suck. It can get very low, you need to stay at an inn to get it back to normal. I think also sleeping at camp fixes it.
    I don't thing camp fixes it (only Inn) but I might be wrong or it could be different in III (been years since I played IV)

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    I don't thing camp fixes it (only Inn) but I might be wrong or it could be different in III (been years since I played IV)
    yeah I am not sure I have to check, I think you might be right because I remember walking with Nina half dead to an inn being annoyed because she dies every fight
    ¨Seriously hate Nina when you first get here, she is so weak its hard to get out of a battle alive.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    You guys got it figured out. Only Inns heal up the death penalty. And good job Gers, keep up the good work. If you're having trouble leveling up Nina, there's an ability called monopolize that you can get from the trainer D'lonzo after two levels under her. Whoever uses it takes ALL of the experience for that fight.
    -FatesServant

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    so much talk of BoFII... I started playing it again, if anyone wants to play through, still playing BoF3 on my PSP so I can do that at school.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    You guys got it figured out. Only Inns heal up the death penalty. And good job Gers, keep up the good work. If you're having trouble leveling up Nina, there's an ability called monopolize that you can get from the trainer D'lonzo after two levels under her. Whoever uses it takes ALL of the experience for that fight.
    -FatesServant
    Nina is at a decent level now, forced myself to grind her and Ryu up. I'm now back at Wyndia having been kidnapped again but doing a little more grinding before entering the tournament.

I have only found two masters so far, I'm sure there has to be more than that though. Not using a guide so I could be wrong!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    Nina is at a decent level now, forced myself to grind her and Ryu up. I'm now back at Wyndia having been kidnapped again but doing a little more grinding before entering the tournament.

I have only found two masters so far, I'm sure there has to be more than that though. Not using a guide so I could be wrong!
    As far as I recall there have been a total of 4 masters available to you now. Maybe 5. What level are you at now?
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    As far as I recall there have been a total of 4 masters available to you now. Maybe 5. What level are you at now?
    -FatesServant
    Damn I ain't searching around as much as I should be then! I've found two but I couldn't use D'Lonzo as I didn't have 15 Weapons in my inventory so going to have to go back there at some point

Ryu is at level 16, Nina level 15, Momo level 13 and a new recruit (forget his name but it's the mutant you get at the plant) level 2 lol

Thread Information