Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    Damn I ain't searching around as much as I should be then! I've found two but I couldn't use D'Lonzo as I didn't have 15 Weapons in my inventory so going to have to go back there at some point

Ryu is at level 16, Nina level 15, Momo level 13 and a new recruit (forget his name but it's the mutant you get at the plant) level 2 lol
    Not bad. I don't remember what level my characters were at that point, I think that's about where I was. I might have been slightly lower leveled. My Ryu is currently only level 24, with most of the other characters in the 18-21 range.

No worries on the other masters though, they are hidden pretty well. And yeah, D'Lonzo is a decent master. I used her for a bit, though I did have to wait until I had the 15 weapons available in my party slot, which is JUST possible the first time you meet her, if you find/buy every weapon available up until that point. Otherwise, just wait a little bit and you'll get there no problems.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII

Breath of Fire General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    Not bad. I don't remember what level my characters were at that point, I think that's about where I was. I might have been slightly lower leveled. My Ryu is currently only level 24, with most of the other characters in the 18-21 range.

No worries on the other masters though, they are hidden pretty well. And yeah, D'Lonzo is a decent master. I used her for a bit, though I did have to wait until I had the 15 weapons available in my party slot, which is JUST possible the first time you meet her, if you find/buy every weapon available up until that point. Otherwise, just wait a little bit and you'll get there no problems.
    -FatesServant
    I bought multiples of the same weapons, will that work? Got my ass kicked in the contest so going to grind up a little more.

Also what does fishing get you in this game? Anything worthwhile or just a cool little mini game?

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    I bought multiples of the same weapons, will that work? Got my ass kicked in the contest so going to grind up a little more.

Also what does fishing get you in this game? Anything worthwhile or just a cool little mini game?
    As far as I am aware each of the 15 weapons needs to be unique. No duplicates allowed. As for fishing, it gets you 3 things.
    1) A cool mini game
    2) A trainer
    3) Usable items

The third category is dual natured. First off, each of the fish is a consumable item that performs a different function. Most of them are recovery items, recovering HP or AP. The AP ones are very nice for later in the game. Other fishies can be used to cure certain status ailments, and several of them are attack items.

Also, in just about every fishing location there is a humanoid fish Manillo. He will come towards you so long as you are using the "coin." Catch him and reel him up to the shore like a normal catch, and he will ask if you want to buy anything. At which point (if you say yes) he will open up a shop screen with a varied selection of items, weapons, armor, and/or accessories. Each location has different items (the list for a particular area never changes). Of importance, however, is that the shop is a bartering system. He will trade you the items for various types and quantities of fish. The fish he asks for in one location, however, may not be available in that same pond. So you have to do a lot of fishing at all of the fishing spots to be able to buy everything he sells.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    As far as I am aware each of the 15 weapons needs to be unique. No duplicates allowed. As for fishing, it gets you 3 things.
    1) A cool mini game
    2) A trainer
    3) Usable items

The third category is dual natured. First off, each of the fish is a consumable item that performs a different function. Most of them are recovery items, recovering HP or AP. The AP ones are very nice for later in the game. Other fishies can be used to cure certain status ailments, and several of them are attack items.

Also, in just about every fishing location there is a humanoid fish Manillo. He will come towards you so long as you are using the "coin." Catch him and reel him up to the shore like a normal catch, and he will ask if you want to buy anything. At which point (if you say yes) he will open up a shop screen with a varied selection of items, weapons, armor, and/or accessories. Each location has different items (the list for a particular area never changes). Of importance, however, is that the shop is a bartering system. He will trade you the items for various types and quantities of fish. The fish he asks for in one location, however, may not be available in that same pond. So you have to do a lot of fishing at all of the fishing spots to be able to buy everything he sells.
    -FatesServant
    Thanks for the info! Haven't been fishing all that much but i will be making more of an effort to do so!

That kinda sucks, as I've wasted money on duplicate weapons! Guess thats an extra incentive to grind, get my money back up!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Thanks for the info! Haven't been fishing all that much but i will be making more of an effort to do so!

That kinda sucks, as I've wasted money on duplicate weapons! Guess thats an extra incentive to grind, get my money back up!
    Biggest piece of advise for making money: Buy the Midas Stone in Wyndia. It's in the first item shop by the city exit. It costs 3000gp, but it increases the amount of money made after each battle. It pays itself off pretty quickly. It weighs 10lbs though, so only put it on an already slow character, or someone that you don't care if they act last in the round.
    -FatesServant

6. Likes Agriel likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    So, is this still happening? Or has it kind of died? I'm cool either way, just curious, as I'm about to move into a new house and my playing time will probably decrease even more (despite not touching the game in about a week now).
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    It's still happening man. Sorry I haven't applied myself as much as I could but I plan getting a little further this weekend

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Why is the thread title all special-like?
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Because the vbShop is finally working and I bought the 'Change how a thread title looks' perk lol

good luck with the move by the way

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Because the vbShop is finally working and I bought the 'Change how a thread title looks' perk lol

good luck with the move by the way
    Ah, alright, fair enough. No complaints here. I'm digging it. And thanks man. Been looking forward to living with my mates for 8 months now. Hard to believe it's in only about a week.
    -FatesServant

12. Likes Gers likes this post
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Funny how big events can kinda sneak up on you in life. I'm sure you're gonna have a lot of fun

Ok played a little more tonight. Had to grind up outside Wyndia to win the first match in the contest. So i did the second match and saved just before the final. Will play some more tomorrow

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Good good man. I love the tournament. It's around there that the story starts to pick up a bit. Or rather it's more important to say that a story develops? lol. It's a good game. I haven't touched it in quite a while, but I'm pretty sure I am about 2/3 of the way through the game now. Or something near it. Don't think my characters have broken level 30 just yet, though Ryu is around level 28 I think. I'll update on that once I plug the game back in sometime next week most likely.
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Yeah I'm getting a little more interested in the story now. Just got my ass kicked in the finals but Garr has joined my party . Can't find my way back to Wyndia though lol

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Wyndia is just over the bridge to the left of the arena (on the world map). And no worries, you can't win against Garr. It's a pre-determined fight. It would kind of ruin the point if Ryu won. And glad to hear you're enjoying it more. Keep plowing through it.
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I didn't cross the bridge because Garr said we needed to get permission to cross it from Wyndia I must have misread it! Lol

Looking forward to this opening up a bit so I can find some of those masters I have missed out on

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    I didn't cross the bridge because Garr said we needed to get permission to cross it from Wyndia I must have misread it! Lol

Looking forward to this opening up a bit so I can find some of those masters I have missed out on
    Ah no, lol. He meant that the Bridge to the far west of the region requires permission from the King to be crossed. I definitely see where the confusion comes from though. Dumb game referencing a bridge when it's a bridge you NEED to cross! Have you progressed any further yet?
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Lol not really stuck again trying to find honey in the castle. I swear I've searched everywhere and can't find it! Even tried googling this last night but was really no help at all

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Lol not really stuck again trying to find honey in the castle. I swear I've searched everywhere and can't find it! Even tried googling this last night but was really no help at all
    Run to the kitchen, throne room, hallway near the princess's bedroom, and then into the bedroom, then the rooms beyond Nina's bedroom. That should solve your little Honey problem there.
    -FatesServant

21. Likes Gers likes this post
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Expect some rep thanks for your help

Completely off topic, but have you moved in with your mates yet?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Expect some rep thanks for your help

Completely off topic, but have you moved in with your mates yet?
    Tomorrow man. I gotta finish packing everything up today. Gonna be a fun one, lol.
    And I'm assuming that helped out then, lol. Glad to be of assistance. The next part of the game is one of the most memorable scenes in it, so make sure to enjoy it, and feel free to take your time (It'll make sense when you get there).
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc

Breath of Fire General Discussion Thread

Actually I gave you pre-emptied rep lol i followed your steps but can't find the little $#@! anywhere lol i'm going to post screenshots later of where I think i should be finding honey.

Bet you're looking forward to it man. A lot of partying and girls yeah?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Actually I gave you pre-emptied rep lol i followed your steps but can't find the little $#@! anywhere lol i'm going to post screenshots later of where I think i should be finding honey.

Bet you're looking forward to it man. A lot of partying and girls yeah?
    The problem may be that I completely forgot to mention that you need to go to the basement. All the way to the kitchen, and then the "wine" room beyond the kitchen. Go to the end and then start moving the screen around to find her. That'll take care of it.
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Thanks Fate finally found her

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Glad to hear it man.
    In other news, I am all moved into the new apartment and just got Internet privileges today, so I suppose that means I'm back after my 3 day or so hiatus. Man was that difficult, lol.
    You made any progress with BoFIII?
    -FatesServant

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Just started BoF4. An hour into it. Fou Lu is such a badass

Thread Information