Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Just started BoF4. An hour into it. Fou Lu is such a badass
    I suppose that maybe I should finally buy that then and actually play through it. Never did play past the intro sequence as a kid.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    Glad to hear it man.
    In other news, I am all moved into the new apartment and just got Internet privileges today, so I suppose that means I'm back after my 3 day or so hiatus. Man was that difficult, lol.
    You made any progress with BoFIII?
    -FatesServant
    Back just in time before getting the withdrawal symptoms

Yeah I'm at the eastern continent training up Bhel (??) to get him ready for the lighthouse. Went all the way back to Ceder Woods though to try and find other masters that I had missed

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    Back just in time before getting the withdrawal symptoms

Yeah I'm at the eastern continent training up Bhel (??) to get him ready for the lighthouse. Went all the way back to Ceder Woods though to try and find other masters that I had missed
    Just a note: I'm pretty sure he gives back whatever you give him, so feel free to deck him out. At the very least, I know I got the weapon back, but the armor was a different set - though I'm pretty sure it was actually a better armor than what I gave him.

Anyways, my training strategy was 4-7 bouts of Ryu using Focus, and then using his strongest move. boost his HP up. Then, put someone like momo up front in attack formation (she doesn't retaliate) and let him wail on her (heal her up of course). Increasing the defense is the hardest. Gotta take him near death, then he will defend. Heal him up, then hit him back down to near death. It's annoying, to say the least. HP and Attack are easy for him though.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Well have got past Zig and put the Lighthouse back on. Fought the dolphin and met the fairies. Headed to the Volcano and got my ass kicked from the old man two fire serpents so I have done a bit of grinding outside the Volcano and going to head back in

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Very nice. Go kill that crazy lava dragon serpent old man. He's a tough fight, but he's not too bad. The trick is to take him out first. You can also learn a few abiliities from that fight as well. In addition, you've been going back to your masters after leveling up, right? As you gain levels, they will start to teach you new abilities.
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I will when I next have time working late's at work again so weekends are the only chance I'll get to play

Kinda figured out that would be the strategy as I did aim to take the right Serpent out first but the old guy eventually started healing everyone! Next time that old bastard is mine!

I have been going back to the masters, yes, but I had Ryu assigned to Bunyan (?) but found that be wasn't learning any abilities. Everyone else have been learning new abilities though

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    I will when I next have time working late's at work again so weekends are the only chance I'll get to play

Kinda figured out that would be the strategy as I did aim to take the right Serpent out first but the old guy eventually started healing everyone! Next time that old bastard is mine!

I have been going back to the masters, yes, but I had Ryu assigned to Bunyan (?) but found that be wasn't learning any abilities. Everyone else have been learning new abilities though
    That's odd. I know a few of Bunyan's abilities are learnable from monsters, so it's possible Ryu already knows them, and that is why he isn't learning any new ones. Also, there is one master you may have overlooked

Anyways, keep it up man, and I'll keep an eye out on your progress. Best of luck with the serpents and the crazy old man. You'll get them this time.
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I beginning to think my game may be glitched because not only does Ryu not learn any abilities from Bunyan, my characters don't learn an attack on the first time of examining it can take a few goes before they learn it (or is that normal)

Anyway I beat the old guy! was actually very simple fight in the end. Got my strategy completely wrong first time around

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    It's completely normal to have to wait to learn the ability. I have gone through several battles before learning new abilities by examination. Also, just to make sure, you are going back and speaking to the actual master right? Not just learning abilities from leveling up? I figure you are, but just want to make sure you're actually going back to speak with each character's master. Glad to hear you're making some progress though. THat's good. now keep it up. I haven't touched the game in two weeks or so, and I am still a million hours ahead of you, lol.
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Yeah I always go back to the Master ,Fate. I had Bunyan teach Garr and Ryu. I have been back twice after levelling them both up, Garr has learnt new abilities but not Ryu.

Yeah I'm trying to go through as fast as I can but a combination of having to work late and having trouble beating certain bosses and not crossing a bridge thinking I needed permission to cross means I ain't getting through it as much as I'd like too lol

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Yeah I always go back to the Master ,Fate. I had Bunyan teach Garr and Ryu. I have been back twice after levelling them both up, Garr has learnt new abilities but not Ryu.

Yeah I'm trying to go through as fast as I can but a combination of having to work late and having trouble beating certain bosses and not crossing a bridge thinking I needed permission to cross means I ain't getting through it as much as I'd like too lol
    Don't worry about it man, life gets in the way. Also, Ryu isn't learning any abilities because Garr is learning them. A master will only teach an ability once. So if Garr learns an ability from Bunyan, then Bunyan will never teach that ability again. But if Ryu gains as many levels as needed to learn the next ability, before Garr does, then Ryu will learn the ability and Garr will not. The master teaches each ability once, and to the first character to gain the appropriate levels while under his tutelage (in one go - If Ryu gains 6 levels under Bunyan but then switches to D'Lonzo, he loses the 6 levels of progress he made towards gaining 8 levels, which is where Bunyan teaches his biggest move).

Once again, it's all about forcing the player to customize each character. There's no way to make every character the same. Heck, there are very few ways to make two characters very much so the same.
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Ah I see! Finally understand the game a little more. Went inside Angel's Tower last night and was kinda struggling once my AP was used up, so going to grind up a little before tackling this

How much further ahead are you man? Lol

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Ah I see! Finally understand the game a little more. Went inside Angel's Tower last night and was kinda struggling once my AP was used up, so going to grind up a little before tackling this

How much further ahead are you man? Lol
    If you are still at Angel's tower then.... a lot. I am probably only about 4 or 5 major sections from the ending of the game. I'm pretty sure I could beat the game in about 12 hours or so, if I just gunned for the end and didn't care about some of the extra goodies. So far though, my characters have been making it through relatively easily. one of the best parts though is that I rarely ever even use AP. Unless I'm using Nina. While magic is powerful in the game, it takes a whole lot of work to match physical attacks (unless your hitting a weak element). Not to mention that powerful magical Ryu builds turn him into a healer unless he's wrecking stuff up in magic stat enhanced dragon forms.

Good to see the progress is coming though man. Hope you're enjoying it. Just a little bit more and the story should hopefully be able to suck you in.
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I've just saved at Syn City. Don't know if I have to pay the guy 1000 money to get me past the gate or head away.

Have to say I was shocked that Garr turned on me in the Angel Tower and that Ryu is now an adult after years in hiding! Story just got a lot more interesting I have to admit

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    I've just saved at Syn City. Don't know if I have to pay the guy 1000 money to get me past the gate or head away.

Have to say I was shocked that Garr turned on me in the Angel Tower and that Ryu is now an adult after years in hiding! Story just got a lot more interesting I have to admit
    Yup, that's the major turn point in the game. People tend to call this part the second half of the game, because It's just such a huge change. Glad you got there though man. This is where the game really starts to get good. So much is going to open up to you. Have you returned to the fairy village yet? If you haven't do it. You wont regret it. Also, are you talking about Emitai? If so then no, you don't need to ever pay him the 10,000, if you don't want to. He's a great master for mages though, so it's worth it once you get the funds.

Keep up the progress man. Lots of stuff is about to go down.
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    No, the guy I'm talking about was in Syn City and hinting about giving him 1,000 zenny for him to lower the bridge but I got past that finally got Rei back! and Nina too as for Emtai I had more than enough to give him the zenny so I assigned him to Ryu.

Really want to find out what happened to Teepo! I have a feeling he is alive but has turned bad. Could be wrong though!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    1. Have you made you any further in the game Gers?
    2. Even if you are continuing, I may be forced to quit. My PS3 just gave me the dreaded Yellow Light the other day while I was playing Tales of Xillia. Getting my hands on some new thermal paste in a couple days, at which point I will back up all my data (mostly Xillia, as all my other saves are already backed up).
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Neglected this game so badly! I am starting it up again though, from where I finished and I will complete it

I know its very late but sorry to hear about your ps3 man. Did the thermal paste work?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Neglected this game so badly! I am starting it up again though, from where I finished and I will complete it

I know its very late but sorry to hear about your ps3 man. Did the thermal paste work?
    Well, no worries, as I am very late in making my response as well. Honestly, I never applied it. I have the PS3 all disassembled and stuff, but I got sucked into FFXIV and that kept me from having much of a desire to complete the fixing of my PS3. I've burnt myself out on that game for a while though, and I'm currently just playing games when I feel like it. I've got a friend who desperately needs to play some PS3 games as well, so I will probably finally get around to fixing, or attempting to fix, this problem.

Anyways, it's been 3 weeks since the last post, how far have you made it? Or are you still neglecting it?
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I am playing it but I need a little help!

I am at the plant and I have pushed the rocks into the greenhouse and it has let out the gas. I have now to find the director but can't find him anywhere. Searched the mine next to the plant but to no avail.

I don't how you have left your ps3 for so long lol any plans to get a ps4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    I'm planning on getting a PS4 eventually, but my PC is pretty top of the line, so I have access to enough games to keep me occupied while I wait.

As for where you are: You need to have Momo in your party, and then go to the central building at the very end of the whole escalator path thingy. There is a building you can enter in there. Just go into the building and you'll gain access to the next dungeon (You might need to use Momo's rocket ability on something, not too sure). Just make sure you've kicked the rocks into each of the greenhouses to break the glass. I htink there's 3-5 in total. Otherwise, just go into the building at the end of the area (before the part that lets you jump back to the entry area).
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Ok i am in the central building and just got the second password for the computer.

I didn't have you down as a pc gamer! What games do you play in it?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    I don't blame you. I wasn't one really until I got this sexy beast of mine about 1.5-2 years ago now. I don't play too much on her though to be honest, but definitely do play enough.

Borderlands 1/2, mirrors edge, FF, Witcher, just about anything really. I've played a few indies with it, such as Don't Starve, To the Moon, and a few others. Also a lot of time has gone into the Baldur's Gate games. It certainly sees its fair share of videogame playing.
    -FatesServant

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Something went wrong with loading and it seems to have resulted in a double-post. I humbly request that I am not fed to the dragons for this most heinous of deeds.
    -FatesServant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I have never really got in to pc gaming. I haven't got a controller and using the keyboard and mouse feels unnatural to me, if that makes sense?

Not going to be on Breath of Fire much until the weekend, work is a $#@! this week. I am guessing there is some kind of boss fight in this underground lair though?

Thread Information