Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 81828 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Except your on the wrong plane, pal. This is a PLAYSTATION site and it is about damn time we stop apologizing for it.
    About time somebody said that. +rep

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    You pretty much wasted internet space and bits there. They will still believe what they want to believe. There will be members that will never accept it. There will be members that will lie about it. There will be members that will never believe you, no matter how much evidence and proof there is. They just close their ears.
    this is exact defination of you in my eyes lol.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    See, that is what I tried to get around. We have multi console owners, people have to deal with it. Just because we have PS in our name doesn't mean automatically people get to be assholes to the folks who want to talk about other consoles. Unless Ghost intends to amend the original charter of this site, that I upheld the right of those people to post. In case you missed it, our xbox section was nearly equal in views to the PS section for E3. EQUAL. PSU, IMO could easily harbor alt gen chat in a respectable way without turning into a fanboy fist $#@! like other sites out there. All our content is PS Centric, but for people to clamour about saying we are a PS site, why allow MS discussion? Well, why allow politics? We are a gaming site after all. Why allow a $#@!ing football thread? How about pointless nothing threads like the counting thread or BAN thread? Because it is fun for some to discuss and my efforts were to allow people to discuss whatever topic they wanted without fear of it getting trolled to death simply because it didn't have PS in the name. I even started a VS thread just to give these gits some place to go troll each other. Turns out, some of the BEST discussions happened in there, with the normal threads still getting trolled to death. With it being SO easy to just stay out of threads you don't want to use, I can't see why people get so hot about ones that are there. Don't $#@!ing view them. Easy. Call me a xbot, fanboy whatever, it's everyones right to think it. BUT what I was doing was protecting the rights of multiconsole owners, or whomever wanted to post without the thread instantly turning hostile from PS trolls. If that earns me an xbox fan title, like some of you love to beat your chest on, so be it. I will cherish the title as I play my PS4 and Xb1
    There you go again blaming the Playstation community for all the forum problems. Never a word about the hostile Xbox trolls that show up like clockwork in the Playstation sections. You seem very one sided every time this topic arises. You rise to the defense of the Xbox community while pointing yourfinger of blame at the Playstation community here. Even in threads you participate in you're very Xbox biased imo. Also you come across as a bit overly protective of the 360 section and it seems thats where alot of your focus was directed. So I think the the view that alot of members have about you as being an Xbox fan is completely understandable. Not trying to sound harsh there Cuguy because I like you personally but I'm just giving my opinion on that particular thing.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-19-2013 at 09:19.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    esponse Error.Technical description:

502 Bad Gateway - Response Error, a bad response was received from another proxy server or the destination origin server.
    I was under the impression that Ghost would take care of this problem day one!!! I want a new CM!

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I was under the impression that Ghost would take care of this problem day one!!! I want a new CM!
    Ghost told me that you specifically were going to give us a few thousand dollars. This is true, yes?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I agree. The Vbshop isn't fixed yet either. There is only one man who can get the job done and his name is, Silver_Knight. Yes, by running the forums to the ground, none of us have to worry about any issues that plague this forums because.. they won't exist anymore.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Ghost told me that you specifically were going to give us a few thousand dollars. This is true, yes?
    Sounds good to me. lol

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    He said he was making it rain over the weekend but he had this and appreciated the gesture.

9. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    You talk a good game but at the end of the day, you aren't about this "change" you are preaching in this thread. You just seem to want everything to be your way or else it's a problem. For example...
    What was the purpose for the bold sentence? Was it needed? I mean, you go on and on about $#@! not being fair in the xbox section but you're a troublemaker. The thread was/is going smooth with no problems.

I'm sorry if you feel I'm targeting you or whatever but I don't like hearing "It's unfair;we need change" from someone that constantly looks to stir the pot and cry foul when they receive a dose of their own medicine. This rant reminds me of that funny thread created in the xbox 360 section(years ago) when MS started slacking on the games but somehow, everything was ps fans fault.
    I'm not gonna get in a huge fight with you, but you have at least told me your feelings CIVILLY in that post....so I will respond CIVILLY in kind if the MODs don't mind. After all... this thread has been good at getting issues out on the table with in MOST cases it not getting too personal or heated.

I'll ask you your own question in another way.....Were YOUR worded sigs of the last 5 months NEEDED? You know......the ones about THE STAGES? About DENIAL? About defending a console's WEAKER SPECS? About LAUGHING at them? Talking about people who bring up the current PS3/360 era?

Do you remember those SIGs?

That's known as PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE..... where you aren't actually SAYING who you are taking about, but everyone has NO DOUBT.

That's PRECISELY why such sigs are made. Because the message is seen in every post you make, but no one can TECHNICALLY call it trolling because it's not an actual post that can be reported..... it's "just my sig...y'all. What's the problem?" kind of denial/Non-denial.

I've never made such messages in my sig. In fact.... I haven't gotten around to putting a sig yet.

There's a saying ...... clean up your own backyard before you start telling others to clean theirs.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    I love you guys!!! Yall my $#@!s!!!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

12. Likes Ghost , Admartian likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    I love you guys!!! Yall my $#@!s!!!
    Yo cuz!! Texas represent!!

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    There you go again blaming the Playstation community for all the forum problems. Never a word about the hostile Xbox trolls that show up like clockwork in the Playstation sections. You seem very one sided every time this topic arises. You rise to the defense of the Xbox community while pointing yourfinger of blame at the Playstation community here. Even in threads you participate in you're very Xbox biased imo. Also you come across as a bit overly protective of the 360 section and it seems thats where alot of your focus was directed. So I think the the view that alot of members have about you as being an Xbox fan is completely understandable and something that I think you've actually brought on yourself.
    It's easy to accuse someone of being biased to a specific console most people in the community aren't interested in but let's not pretend PlayStation fanboys shouldn't be held accountable for trolling other sections. And to be fair, I'd say you're just as overly-protective as the person you're accusing but with the PlayStation brand.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    It's easy to accuse someone of being biased to a specific console most people in the community aren't interested in but let's not pretend PlayStation fanboys shouldn't be held accountable for trolling other sections. And to be fair, I'd say you're just as overly-protective as the person you're accusing but with the PlayStation brand.
    And the irony is.... he USED to be biased towards the 360 and defending it in the PS3/360 era! Now he's flipped his script and it's all about "pssssft.... those Xbox guys! They have a screw loose. They'll buy anything Microsoft sells them". Classic role reversal considering he was accused of that very same thing at one time!

Since I've NOW seen him on BOTH sides of the fence.... you gotta give him credit. Once he chooses a side, he defends it to the ends of the earth. On a certain level I can respect that. Same guy... different console this time.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Nothing wrong with it........ that is until it infects practically every thread that is made. Then..... it's not so comical.
    There is a serious lack of dolphins in this thread.
    See what I did there?

Finally You Are Free
    Dunno is hardly amused by the dolphins.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    yeah, Ghost came back from holiday and seriously outlawed such posting...wait >_>

Sig courtesy of the_jim

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    There is a serious lack of dolphins in this thread.
    See what I did there?

He wants your soul, as well as you anus!

20. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    I think we should be more forward and simplistic about our approach...

If someone is being a $#@!, there's a problem. If someone is trolling, there is a problem. If someone is derailing a thread or section, there is a problem.
    And therein lies the problem.

It doesn't matter what kind of rules or restrictions we apply, there will always be some asshole who will try and troll PSU to within an inch of it's life. No amount of warning, infracting or banning can or will stop trolls from ruining decent discussion. It's not just PSU, though, it's a global issue throughout the internet. I just think PSU would be hit harder than some places due to the nature of the discussion on these boards.

All we can really do is do our best to make sure trolling is kept to a minimal. With any luck, the new MODs and SMCs will be able to keep up with the levels of trolls that will hit PSU come the launch of Xbox One and PS4 - and trust me, they will hit us and they will hit hard. We just need to take appropriate measures to ensure it's kept low.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Things are moving in a great direction, and you know how I know this? This thread is still open.

Good times.

8 years and counting!

23. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    this is good. we need a punching bag thread. i think we're making progress. everyone's letting it out, good to vent off. i'm not joking! lol venting off is the best thing you can do when it comes to issues that are difficult to resolve.

YouTube Editor
    In case many of you forgot I created a "Punching Bag" thread ages ago for this very purpose. Sadly it became ignored shortly agree its creation.

8 years and counting!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    You pretty much wasted internet space and bits there. They will still believe what they want to believe. There will be members that will never accept it. There will be members that will lie about it. There will be members that will never believe you, no matter how much evidence and proof there is. They just close their ears.
    in all reality I think the numbers of those members u speak off are very little. besides, what they think doesn't make a damn anyways. this site tries to be balanced and fair to everyone(notice I said site and not particular members). and if they never accept it, then get rid of em. simple. obviously if they can't accept something as simple as keeping both hell for even just the sake of argument, I'm not sure that's the kind of intellect psu wants around anyways.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    in all reality I think the numbers of those members u speak off are very little. besides, what they think doesn't make a damn anyways. this site tries to be balanced and fair to everyone(notice I said site and not particular members). and if they never accept it, then get rid of em. simple. obviously if they can't accept something as simple as keeping both hell for even just the sake of argument, I'm not sure that's the kind of intellect psu wants around anyways.
    I couldn't agree more. I do think that, like you said, they are in the minority. The majority of members here, IMO, are solid good individuals. No matter how much Larry hates me, I still love him! (j/k Larry!)

YouTube Editor
    The biggest thing I can't wrap my head around is WHY would any Xbox fan join a PS centric forum to discuss the Xbox? Its ludicrous. Back in the day there was discussion of removing the other forums related to MS and Nintendo. It never happened, but it was definitely discussed.

8 years and counting!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    The biggest thing I can't wrap my head around is WHY would any Xbox fan join a PS centric forum to discuss the Xbox? Its ludicrous. Back in the day there was discussion of removing the other forums related to MS and Nintendo. It never happened, but it was definitely discussed.
    that question is answered simply. this is how u take it if I am a fan of x and y is it's competition then I want to learn all ican about y to be able to compare it to my x. thus, I join a y system Internet forum

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Thread Information