Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I bet that you can play the game w/o internet connection, day one, etc. The same with the Xbox One day one required download lol.

Will you be able to use all the features that the updates will have? Of course not, unless you download them.

I can't wait to prove it.
    Of course you can play it without internet connection. You just need to download the rest of the game first that you can play it at all. But you can't use the whole avatar or whatever feature without being online. I don't really know how much use it will have.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    That is what they currently do with the 360, so I see no reason why they wouldn't do that with the XB1.
    That was exactly my point. But they aren't doing it day 1.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    That was exactly my point. But they aren't doing it day 1.
    They haven't talked about it, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible/being done.

Quote Originally Posted by InstinctX View Post
    I'm sure that internet did not grow that much in the last 10 years just because xbox god a mandatory broadband connection.
    For the record, I got broadband internet in my home (in 2003) because of XBL.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    ...so the other millions of people can go $#@! themselves? gotcha
    No, they can buy a 360!!!

I believe MS has not completely shot out their DRM policy and will work on implementing it slowly thru those half assed franchise game release.

To pin that down on "only SONY fans will care" is being apologist to MS anti consummer practices right now. And one who thinks that way has obviously not been following the core market reaction to MS offering

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Its true that today internet have a great impact on our lives and there is a lot of thing we do on internet but, that does not make an excuse to have a game (that is a programming code) ship with a feature part of modular programming that can opt-out the code easily on pre-alpha stage.

For the tethering, you can't use tethering without paying usualy 14.99 on top of your already expensive cell phone bill.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    No, they can buy a 360!!!

I believe MS has not completely shot out their DRM policy and will work on implementing it slowly thru those half assed franchise game release.

To pin that down on "only SONY fans will care" is being apologist to MS anti consummer practices right now. And one who thinks that way has obviously not been following the core market reaction to MS offering

I agree with you that ms will try to I corporate their drm policies. after all, it did get a few yays from certain people that could fill their wallets. not necessarily the gamers but oh well.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

They haven't talked about it, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible/being done.

For the record, I got broadband internet in my home (in 2003) because of XBL.
    Some people did the same but what I'm saying is that they can fix that part of the game taking in account the stage they are right now (pre-alpha).

They are trowing a bait at xbox fan to see if they bite. I'm pretty sure they are going to implement DRM later on the console cycle.

Master Sage
    From what we know so far, the internet is required for both those problems in my previous post. Period. Right from MS's mouth.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by InstinctX View Post
    Some people did the same but what I'm saying is that they can fix that part of the game taking in account the stage they are right now (pre-alpha).

They are trowing a bait at xbox fan to see if they bite. I'm pretty sure they are going to implement DRM later on the console cycle.
    Don't think so, people are generally against it on a non DD only console. I don't see that changing this gen enough for MS to do that. Now if they bring back "family" sharing, it may have certain restrictions on it but I don't see it going any farther that something like that.

From what we know so far, the internet is required for both those problems in my previous post. Period. Right from MS's mouth.
    Yes, though I don't see why MS wouldn't make use of a system they already have in place. Wouldn't make any sense at all.

Veteran
    I don't mind waiting an extra few minutes for the bluray disc to do a minor install on my HDD but to have users download an extra content pack in order to make the game playable? Makes their users wait some more cause from the looks of it is not going to be a small one, and this truly makes me wonder, well what the heck are the developers of Forza doing? I mean that should be on the disc. I'm glad I'm not having business on this console.

It's because the game won't be finished yet, due to Microsoft's required turn-around time. I just hope 1) it doesn't become an acceptable practice beyond this one case and 2) there isn't a Sim City / Diable 3 style Day 1 Server Error or some crazy glitch in their plan... or 3) ability to DL the patch... err... the game... is not tied to a Reg Code, rendering it untradeable

"In other words, because games have to be submitted to Microsoft testing, certified, and then pressed onto discs and shipped, Forza 5 has to be done much, much sooner than November. By requiring part of the game as a download on launch day, it gives Turn 10 extra time to finish everything. And so what you get on the disc you buy at the store won’t be the entire game. You’ll need to download the rest of it from Xbox Live (which should be possible to occur as you play, Greenawalt clarified).

After that, Greenawalt said, Forza 5 is like your refrigerator. “You have to fill it up with food the first time,” he explained. “And from then on, you connect whenever you want when you want to update your food...
    Last edited by siulimtao108; 07-18-2013 at 06:45.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Well Turn 10 IS MS, so yeah...MS forced themselves to put a disk on the shelf that is not complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Sounds like another company with their sim game
    Sounds like 90% of all games that came out this gen then needed to download a patch on day 1 or up to months later for fix.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post

As I said, if the internet and social sites were as prevalent back then as they are now the result would've been the same. That means you guys would be fighting for dial-up and would've won because:

"What about the people who cant afford broadband?"
    "What about the places that don't offer broadband?"
    "etc, etc, bull$#@!, bull$#@!, etc, etc?"

It sounds ridiculous now but that's the way the chips would've fell.

C'est la vie and $#@!.

Forum Overseer

Just like PS fans argued that Blu-Ray was the future and look how that turned out.

Not everything is clear cut this way. Moving forward too quick isn't always good. But it's worth a shot so we'll see how people react to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    As I said, if the internet and social sites were as prevalent back then as they are now the result would've been the same. That means you guys would be fighting for dial-up and would've won because:

"What about the people who cant afford broadband?"
    "What about the places that don't offer broadband?"
    "etc, etc, bull$#@!, bull$#@!, etc, etc?"

It sounds ridiculous now but that's the way the chips would've fell.

C'est la vie and $#@!.

The thing is that back then and now you can still play a game out of box but, this is not the case(they are making a mandatory download to play). Is not the same "can't play multiplayer because I'm lacking internet right now, but I can play the single play" its not equal to "I can't play the game at all because I lack internet right now"

When you go to pizza hut they don't sell the uncooked pizza for you to cook it, they sell it to you ready to eat it. So its the console ready to play, not ready to download (cook it) then play.

Finally You Are Free
    This sort of thing simply isn't excusable. Shame on the developers. Not that it affects me as I'm not really a racer fan, but I have expected standards when it comes to gaming. One being that you don't lock people out of the games they've bought until they connect to the internet.

Superior Member

they should be launching the game with content on disc, if not then delay it for a few weeks.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I agree with that. It's pretty piss poor for this to be happening. That being said, the game will be playable, I'm 100% certain. You just won't get to use the driveatar feature, maybe a few other things. You will be able to put the game in and play w/o connecting though.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I agree with that. It's pretty piss poor for this to be happening. That being said, the game will be playable, I'm 100% certain. You just won't get to use the driveatar feature, maybe a few other things. You will be able to put the game in and play w/o connecting though.
    i agree. no reason that couldn't happen.

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Shipping a known, non-working, product will at least fall foul of the consumer protection laws in the UK and I would suspect Europe too. Not to mention that they cannot take revenue for software unless it fulfills its purpose, the Sarbanes-Oxley rules see to that. So it must make some kind of playing available when you insert the disk in my view.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

21. Likes Omar likes this post
    Master Sage
    Yes, though I don't see why MS wouldn't make use of a system they already have in place. Wouldn't make any sense at all.
    It makes perfect sense if you think back to MS's original drm vision. They're testing those waters still. They won't give a straight answer as to rather drm is permanently gone or if it will make a return. It's why people aren't too forgiving of the reversal and don't particularly trust MS at the moment.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 07-18-2013 at 18:33.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    They want a game released on launch day of the system. If Turn 10 had their way, I'm sure the game would be delayed.

Forum Sage
    It makes perfect sense if you think back to MS's original drm vision. They're testing those waters still. They won't give a straight answer as to rather drm is permanently gone or if it will make a return. It's why people aren't too forgiving of the reversal and don't particularly trust MS at the moment.
    If that were true why a complete reversal instead of changing/removing certain specific policies with the old system? Microsoft got the message loud and clear. No DRM It's gone. There is no way they could forcibly bring it back on the existing customers without running afoul of some laws and being sued. I think it is about as likely as MS having put blu-ray into the 360 after the format war ended.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Not too dissimilar from installs (in current gen PS3). Usually I just play on my tablet/PC while I wait.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Not too dissimilar from installs (in current gen PS3). Usually I just play on my tablet/PC while I wait.
    Now we can play the game while it installs Otherwise, I could just SNAP to my Asian "journalism"

Thread Information